GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
i want to see OLD petey do his dekes again shifting from left to right. not standing stationary and waiting for his "one timer" just shoot.

Reactions: DimitriL07

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Really want to see Petey come to life in this game and hit the back of the net.

Its now Game 4, and it is time for our franchise center to make an impact. Petey's soon-to-be 11.6M cap hit would make him the 5th highest paid player in the NHL in 2023-2024. I believe it will still propel him into the top 10 salaries in NHL in 2024-2025.

Play like it buddy.

Actually thought Petey looked stronger to start Game 3 - but we went into defensive shell mode fairly quickly after getting the lead and didn’t explore much offense after. Hope he has a good Game 4 also.

Reactions: rypper

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
game 4 is where the guys playing hurt or over their heads on adrenaline start to wear down. mcdonaugh's minutes going up each game so he is now playing 25 minutes a night is what i am watching. if he breaks down the preds are done.
The fact we are up 2-1 without our top guns firing on all cylinders, has to be a big feather in our cap.

We have been preparing for playoff hockey to the point we know we can play low event hockey but this team is due for a game where our top guys go off, given the players we have
6-3 Vancouver. EP hatty.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Really want to see Petey come to life in this game and hit the back of the net.

Its now Game 4, and it is time for our franchise center to make an impact. Petey's soon-to-be 11.6M cap hit would make him the 5th highest paid player in the NHL in 2023-2024. I believe it will still propel him into the top 10 salaries in NHL in 2024-2025.

Play like it buddy.
Be careful. The pseudo psychologist will come after you!

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Sunday will be interesting to see how each team's strategy will be. As well, a few individual players will have their own agenda.

Expect Zadorov to come out intending to punish during the first shifts

Expect Joshua to get some offensive end hits on the forecheck.

Expect Miller to drive the net hard and reverse hit like crazy

The biggest takeaway I expect is for Canucks D to keep the front if the net clear and let DeSmith find his timing

Good luck on Sunday boys

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Let's hope we come out firing and taking the play to Preds early. Keep hitting them and get some rubber early on Saros. I wanna see 12 shots in first period not the whole game please !

Reactions: David71

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Canucks lead 2-1 @Vector you f***ing pheasant

vqx11fw0jmg91.jpg

this?

or this next one?

Pheasant.jpg

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
re: lindholm, i think the reason we have won two games so far is center depth.

so i would keep lindholm on his own line, although i wouldn’t be averse to swapping dak and garland to petey’s line and hog and mik to lindholm’s.

i also wouldn’t mind bringing pod in for pdg and going

suter jtm boes
josh petey garland
hog lindholm pod
mik bluegers laff

although that would be more of a home ice sub than something i’d try on the road after an emotional win

I like trying Pettersson with Joshua-Garland, though I wish it was trialed earlier in the year. I'd do this:

Suter-Miller-Boeser (no reason to break this line up)
Joshua-Petterson-Garland
Hoglander-Lindholm-Mikheyev
PDG-Blueger-Lafferty (this line has also been performing well in managed minutes)

I can't get Drance out of my head when he occasionally brings up how amazing a play driving winger LW JT is when I try and figure out how to play our best six forwards that Coach Rick trusts together.

JT-Lindholm-Brock Boeser
Joshua-Pettersson-Conor Garland
Podkolzin-Suter-Hoglander(super sheltered so this is a home ice look)
Mikheyev-Blueger-Lafferty

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
I truly believe a win today and they end it back in Vancouver in game 5. A loss and this likely goes 7.
I hope for an exciting game today. Watched TB and FLA yesterday, that was a great game. Bodies flying, fast paced, great saves, so many chances both ways.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Keep punishing the Predators down low and limiting high-danger chances, they are feeling it. Then just hope our stars actually start scoring consistently and the "new look" PP proves to not be a flash in the pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad