NHL 15 Be A GM mode/Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Well it's that time of year again guys. Just wanted to start up the 1st GM mode thread for 15. So let's see what ya can do! ;)

Edit:
For those users on 360/PS3 post player overalls/potentials like normal.
For those users on XB1/PS4 post potential is listed to have with colour.

Last edited:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I guess I'll start. Started one up with the Flames, and after many trades, some awesome late round picks, and F.A. signings here is my team at the start of Year 3.

Monahan(90 TWF 4.5GR^) - Kopitar(91 PLY) - Baertschi(87 SNP 4G)
Gaudreau(85 SNP 4GR) - Morrison*(86 PLY 4GR) - Gallagher(84 TWF 4G)
Poirier(81 TWF 4G) - Shore(83 TWF) - McDavid(81 PLY 4.5GR)
Bollig(79 GRN) - Reinhart(79 TWF 3.5G) - Hansen(80 GRN)

Orlov(85 OFD 4G) - Green(87 OFD)
Brodie(85 OFD 4GR) - Gormley(83 TWD 4.5R)
Wotherspoon(79 DFD 4R) - Lovejoy(81 TWD)

Reimer(85 HYB)
Ortio(84 HYB 3.5G)​

*Created player - I wanted to see if they develop. they do. started out at 77 ovr year 1
^Monahan JUMPED in potential, from 4.5 Gold to 4.5 GREEN!!! :yo:

getzforfighting*

Started my GM Mode with the Ducks tonight. Off to a pretty brutal 1-2-1 start, especially after a promising 4-1 over Pittsburgh in the opener.

Heatley-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Etem-Thompson-Palmieri
Maroon-Rakell-Smith-Pelly
Jackman,Beleskey

Fowler-Lovejoy
Beauchemin-Lindholm
Stoner-Vatanen
Fistric

Waived: Bryan Allen

4 Minute Periods on Superstar mode. Will post stats tomorrow, as well as a Ustream Link.

ThatNavyGuy

Mar 6, 2012
Ran a test run with the Flyers on the PS4 and as lacking as BAGM seems to be, I think there is a lot of potential.

Trading is still brutal if that's your cup of tea. During the test I was able to trade;

RJ Umberger to Anaheim for Jakob Silfverberg
Vincent Lecavalier to Nashville for Viktor Stalberg
Andrew MacDonald to Winnipeg for Jacob Trouba

Players do progress and the Progress report seems to be in full use now(Only one attempt, so i could be wrong). Despite the lack of AHL(at least line-ups and stats) the kids down there still progress.

LA won the Cup again, so that's an improvement over NHL14 where the LAs and Bostons would struggle.

The improvements as far as scoring leaders that the 360/PS3 got are also in the PS4/XB1 versions. Had a couple defenseman scored 20+(Karlsson, Weber, Pietrangelo off the top of my head. Olli Matta had 55 Points(5-50). Stamkos Led the league with Kessel, Tavares behind him.

LeHaboholique

Respek is earn, not give to!
Jul 25, 2012
Same
Going full hab later on today, I'm about 18 games in. will fill in the blanks hopefully If time permits.

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
I was gonna wait until the draft patch in October to start my GM Mode (Playing on Xbox One btw) but since I'm impatient, I'll do a season preview pretty quickly here.

Was gonna do Columbus, but am now deciding between these 4 teams
Calgary
Columbus
Tampa Bay
Dallas

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
:stars
Dallas Stars Season Preview

DallasStars_top5slideshow.jpg

In a surprise series of events, Nill was fired as GM of the Dallas Stars and replaced with Jay Morrison

After Nill was surprisingly fired yesterday, Jay Morrison amazingly found another team after being bounced all over the place last year. With Jason Spezza, Ales Hemsky, Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin, Trevor Daley, Brenden Dillion, Kari Lehtonen and Valeri Nichuskin, Dallas appears to be primed to take the next level in arguably the toughest division in the NHL.

"I won't be super active on the trade market, but I do plan on making a trade or 2 prior to the season. Don't expect to see me at the draft however, I'm planning an experiment to let my scouts and assistants run the show there." Jay said at his introduction this afternoon

Jay did make a pair of trades, which he claims boosted the teams weak spots.

:stars F Matt Moulson, 2015 3rd Round Pick
:sabres F Brett Ritchie

:stars Alexander Edler
:nucks Radek Faksa
"We hate to part with prospects and probably won't again in the future, but Moulson helps fill a gap we have in the Top 6 and Edler helps boosts our Top 4 on defense"

STARTING LINEUPS

Jamie Benn-Tyler Seguin-Valeri Nichuskin
Matt Moulson-Jason Spezza-Ales Hemsky
Erik Cole-Rich Peverely-Cody Eakins
Ryan Garbutt-Shawn Horcoff-Patrick Eaves
Vernon Fiddler

Alexander Edler-Trevor Daley
Alex Goligoski-Brendan Dillion
Jordie Benn-Kevin Connaution
Patrick Nemeth

Kari Lehtonen
Andres Lindback
Jack Campbell

Injuries: Antoine Roussel (Wrist: 3-4 weeks) Sergei Gonchar (Concussion: 2 months)

PREDICTIONS
Central Division Position: 4th
Conference Position: 7th
League: 13th
Playoffs: 1st or 2nd Round

Last edited:

vonthomson

Jan 14, 2012
Ottawa
Has anyone else noticed that the flyover of the arena/city isn't happening in GM mode? I've only two games in but noticed after the loading screen it went right to the shot inside the arena whereas play now always does the flyover. I played against Nashville and Tampa so maybe they don't have them for those cities and it's a coincidence?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Has anyone else noticed that the flyover of the arena/city isn't happening in GM mode? I've only two games in but noticed after the loading screen it went right to the shot inside the arena whereas play now always does the flyover. I played against Nashville and Tampa so maybe they don't have them for those cities and it's a coincidence?

It appears some cities don't have them. It did it for me in Edmonton, Vancouver, and LA, but didn't in Arizona

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Started with Buffalo

Traded Myers for Tinordi
Traded Moulson and Ennis for picks.
Traded Neuvirth for Dubnyk and a 2nd

Hodgson led the team in scoring with 78 points.

Simmed through one season and finished 8th in the East. Lost to Pittsburgh in round one of the playoffs.

I have no bloody clue who the Sabres used their 3 1st rounders on or their 3 2nds on at the draft. I don't even know where in the 1st round any of those 1st rounders are. How do I see who got drafted where? I'd like to know who was drafted after my teams picks.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Started with Buffalo

Traded Myers for Tinordi
Traded Moulson and Ennis for picks.
Traded Neuvirth for Dubnyk and a 2nd

Hodgson led the team in scoring with 78 points.

Simmed through one season and finished 8th in the East. Lost to Pittsburgh in round one of the playoffs.

I have no bloody clue who the Sabres used their 3 1st rounders on or their 3 2nds on at the draft. I don't even know where in the 1st round any of those 1st rounders are. How do I see who got drafted where? I'd like to know who was drafted after my teams picks.

Contracts screen is the only way it seems to be able to, from what I've heard for X1/PS4. Yeah I know, it sucks, manually having to go through EACH individual team JUST to see who got drafted by which team. :facepalm:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Sort by contract, and look who has two year left to be signed. Then look for the best potential, and that's usually who you drafted in the 1st. Also, look at goalies. They love to draft goalies

Last edited:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Dallas Stars Season Preview

DallasStars_top5slideshow.jpg

In a surprise series of events, Nill was fired as GM of the Dallas Stars and replaced with Jay Morrison

After Nill was surprisingly fired yesterday, Jay Morrison amazingly found another team after being bounced all over the place last year. With Jason Spezza, Ales Hemsky, Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin, Trevor Daley, Brenden Dillion, Kari Lehtonen and Valeri Nichuskin, Dallas appears to be primed to take the next level in arguably the toughest division in the NHL.

"I won't be super active on the trade market, but I do plan on making a trade or 2 prior to the season. Don't expect to see me at the draft however, I'm planning an experiment to let my scouts and assistants run the show there." Jay said at his introduction this afternoon

Jay did make a pair of trades, which he claims boosted the teams weak spots.

:stars F Matt Moulson, 2015 3rd Round Pick
:sabres F Brett Ritchie

:stars Alexander Edler
:nucks Radek Faksa
"We hate to part with prospects and probably won't again in the future, but Moulson helps fill a gap we have in the Top 6 and Edler helps boosts our Top 4 on defense"

STARTING LINEUPS

Jamie Benn-Tyler Seguin-Valeri Nichuskin
Matt Moulson-Jason Spezza-Ales Hemsky
Erik Cole-Rich Peverely-Cody Eakins
Ryan Garbutt-Shawn Horcoff-Patrick Eaves
Vernon Fiddler

Alexander Edler-Trevor Daley
Alex Goligoski-Brendan Dillion
Jordie Benn-Kevin Connaution
Patrick Nemeth

Kari Lehtonen
Andres Lindback
Jack Campbell

Injuries: Antoine Roussel (Wrist: 3-4 weeks) Sergei Gonchar (Concussion: 2 months)

PREDICTIONS
Central Division Position: 4th
Conference Position: 7th
League: 13th
Playoffs: 1st or 2nd Round

Hahahaha nice! :laugh: :biglaugh:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Is there a way to edit strategies permanently so that I don't have to edit them before each game? I'm having issues finding this... or did they leave it out?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Has anyone played 4 or 5 seasons into GM Mode yet? NHL 13 and 14 had okay drafts for the first three years before it fell off a cliff. Wondering if this version is the same once they run out of real CHLers to use for the draft and have to start randomly generating them.

Thanks!

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
The Fault In Our Stars

NS_27StarsDucks29_37339817_140088.JPG

Dallas is ready to move on from a year of struggling and finishing near the bottom of the NHL

The Dallas Stars had a promising start to the season, going 15-5-2, with Seguin scoring like there's no tomorrow registering 30 points in the first 20 games and Lehtonen having a GAA lower than 2 and a Save Percentage above .920 for the first 22 games. Then it all went downhill. Dallas finished with an abysmal 32-45-5 record, good for 3rd last in the NHL. Dallas moved struggling vets Erik Cole, Ales Hemsky and Trevor Daley at the deadline, adding a first round pick from Pittsburgh, 2nd round picks from Boston, Nashville and Winnipeg and young D-man Ryan Ellis.

Top 10 scorers
1. Tyler Seguin: 20 Goals 55 Assists 75 Points
2. Jamie Benn: 28 Goals 34 Assists 62 Points
3. Matt Moulson: 10 goals 41 Assists 51 Points
4. Alex Edler: 3 goals 34 Assists 37 Points
5. Jason Spezza: 19 Goals 18 Assists 37 Points
6. Valeri Nichuskin: 10 Goals 20 Assists 30 Points
7. Ryan Ellis: 2 Goals 25 Assists 27 Points
8. Cody Eakins: 5 Goals 19 Assists 24 Points
9. Alex Goligoski: 1 Goal 20 Assists 21 Points
10. Antoine Roussel: 18 Goals 2 Assists 20 Points

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The Fault In Our Stars

NS_27StarsDucks29_37339817_140088.JPG

Dallas is ready to move on from a year of struggling and finishing near the bottom of the NHL

Top 10 scorers
1. Tyler Seguin: 20 Goals 55 Assists 75 Points
2. Jamie Benn: 28 Goals 34 Assists 62 Points
3. Matt Moulson: 10 goals 41 Assists 51 Points
4. Alex Edler: 3 goals 34 Assists 37 Points
5. Jason Spezza: 19 Goals 18 Assists 37 Points
6. Valeri Nichuskin: 10 Goals 20 Assists 30 Points
7. Ryan Ellis: 2 Goals 25 Assists 27 Points
8. Cody Eakins: 5 Goals 19 Assists 24 Points
9. Alex Goligoski: 1 Goal 20 Assists 21 Points
10. Antoine Roussel: 18 Goals 2 Assists 20 Points

Ouch, dat's gotta hiurt!!! :shakehead at least you'll get some good picks :nod: Hopfully! :sarcasm:

AnaheimDucks90

May 22, 2008
Hamburg
Started be a gm with the Jets. 2-2-0 after four games.

Made some trades so I have these lines:

Evander Kane - Bryan Little - Blake Wheeler
Andrew Ladd - Mark Scheifele - Leon Draisaitl
Eric Tangradi - Mathieu Perreault - Michael Frolik
David Wolf - Jim Slater - Nic Petan
Nikolaj Ehlers, Anthony Plus

Tobias Enstrøm - Dustin Byfuglien
Zach Bogosian - Jake Trouba
Keaton Ellerby - Paul Posts
Ben Chiarot

Ondrej Pavelec
Michael Hutchinson

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
I don't feel like spending $70 for a GM mode update, rather get that + Insanely good graphics and other stuff. Missing things don't bother me since I place offline a lot anyway.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Which is EXACTLY why I went old gen for this game ;) I edited Kaspanen to be 4 gold. does that seem fair as a Pens fan?

Yeah, he is definitely more of a SNP/PLY then a TWF, probably PLY. I just don't understand EA right now. They should right things soon, if they don't they might be in deep ****.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I don't feel like spending $70 for a GM mode update, rather get that + Insanely good graphics and other stuff. Missing things don't bother me since I place offline a lot anyway.

I can understand that, But I didn't want to wait, and GM mode is bare bones you have to admit that for new gen. Even when they add in the draft, it's still missing the AHL, and who knows if that's going to be added.
I only play offline as well. Be a Pro is literally unplayable to me, I CANNOT go back to NHL 10 BAP with just playing each game, and no meat to it, ya know? With LtL in old gen I can at least have SOME immersion into my career and not get bored senseless after a season lol

l Landeskog l

Landy 4 President
Dec 30, 2013
Montreal

NHL 14 be a GM with the Avs! Just started YouTubing so bare with me. Click that like and subscribe button. Gonna be posting a bunch of NHL. :nod:

getzforfighting*

I was gonna wait until the draft patch in October to start my GM Mode (Playing on Xbox One btw) but since I'm impatient, I'll do a season preview pretty quickly here.

Was gonna do Columbus, but am now deciding between these 4 teams
Calgary
Columbus
Tampa Bay
Dallas

The patch will be added directly into your gm mode. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest