NHL 15 Be A GM mode/Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
February 3rd 2015

The rebuild commences

The rebuilding of the Leafs started today with a couple of trades. They were too surprising to say they least. The Leafs are looking to rid themselves of had contracts and potential UFAs. The trades made today brought them closer to that goal.

nhl--toronto_maple_leafs_1966-67.gif

To EDM:
Leo Komarov

To Toronto:
Brad Hunt
2015 7th round pick

To Winnipeg
David Booth

To Toronto
2015 3rd round pick
2015 4th round pick
Jim Slater

Pierre McGuire weighs in on the moves made by the Leafs today.

"The Booth deal is a good one for both teams and it makes a lot of sense. The Jets are making a pubs for the playoffs, and wanted to add some size and scoring to their 3rd line. With Booth they get that. The Leafs know that Booth isn't in their future plans, he's a UFA who wasn't going to resign, so they went a got a few picks in a deep draft. These picks may yield an NHL player, at the very least they got something in return for an asset. They also get Jim Slater, he's a hard working Center with a good shot, he'll play on the 4th line but he's a good guy in the locker room and he gives his all every night. He commands repect and is a leader. The Leafs will likely try to resign him. Great move for both teams and they get what they're looking for.

The Komarov deal is mind boggling. I don't know why the Oilers took on his awful contract. He's got 4 years left at 2.9M per year. The Leafs are retaining 500k of that per year. Even then, it makes no sense, Komarov is reported to have been in Tortarella's dog house all year, he's a bad locker room guy. Even worse is that the Leafs are actually getting a draft pick as part of the return. This is a shrewd move by Martin Ward, he gets rid of a guy who wasn't in his plans, at a low cost compared to a buyout. He also picks up a draft in this. The real value here is the cap space the Leafs save."

As stated by Martin Ward, the Leafs have made changes as they build towards next year.

Martin Ward had this to say: "We got closer to our ultimate goal today, we added some draft picks, gained financial flexibility and got a good locker room guy. We wish Leo and David all the best and thank them for their service."

1297639690855_ORIGINAL.jpg

Leo Komarov pictured above

For TSN, I'm Greg White.

Last edited:

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
February 3rd 2015

The rebuild commences

The rebuilding of the Leafs started today with a couple of trades. They were too surprising to say they least. The Leafs are looking to rid themselves of had contracts and potential UFAs. The trades made today brought them closer to that goal.

To EDM:
Leo Komarov

To Toronto:
Brad Hunt
2015 7th round pick

To Winnipeg
David Booth

To Toronto
2015 3rd round pick
2015 4th round pick
Jim Slater

Pierre McGuire weighs in on the moves made by the Leafs today.

"The Booth deal is a good one for both teams and it makes a lot of sense. The Jets are making a pubs for the playoffs, and wanted to add some size and scoring to their 3rd line. With Booth they get that. The Leafs know that Booth isn't in their future plans, he's a UFA who wasn't going to resign, so they went a got a few picks in a deep draft. These picks may yield an NHL player, at the very least they got something in return for an asset. They also get Jim Slater, he's a hard working Center with a good shot, he'll play on the 4th line but he's a good guy in the locker room and he gives his all every night. He commands repect and is a leader. The Leafs will likely try to resign him. Great move for both teams and they get what they're looking for. The Komarov deal is mind boggling. I don't know why the Oilers took on his awful contract. He's got 4 years left at 2.9M per year. The Leafs are retaining 500k of that per year. Even then, it makes no sense, Komarov is reported to have been in Tortarella's dog house all year, he's a bad locker room guy. Even worse is that the Leafs are actually getting a draft pick as part of the return. This is a shrewd move by Martin Ward, he gets rid of a guy who wasn't in his plans, at a low cost compared to a buyout. He also picks up a draft in this. The real value here is the cap space the Leafs save."

As stated by Martin Ward, the Leafs have made changes as they build towards next year.

Martin Ward had this to say: "We got closer to our ultimate goal today, we added some draft picks, gained financial flexibility and got a good locker room guy. We wish Leo and David all the best and thank them for their service."

For TSN, I'm Greg White.

Try breaking up your text a little, maybe add some color or pictures in your posts. Will make more people read them, because a wall of text like that is hard to read and isn't very appealing.

Just some advice, take it with a grain of salt if you choose

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Try breaking up your text a little, maybe add some color or pictures in your posts. Will make more people read them, because a wall of text like that is hard to read and isn't very appealing.

Just some advice, take it with a grain of salt if you choose

I'm typing from my phone which makes it hard to do. Gonna edit the posts later tonight.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
2015 Trade Deadline Preview

The Leafs are 31-28-4 at the trade deadline. The unexpected winning record has the Leafs 3 points out of a playoff spot. The fans are optimistic that the Leafs may make a playoff push.

Our hockey analyst Bob McKenzie weighs in on potential Leafs trades today: "People are expecting major Leafs trades today. I'm not, the Leafs are winning right now, and may end up in the playoffs, Martin Ward would love to make the playoffs while rebuilding. It's likely that won't be the case. The organization believes the current core isn't good enough to win a cup. They won't sacrifice the future for a first round playoff exit. I wouldn't be surprised if some pending UFA's were moved, don't expect anything major until the draft. You will see some blockbuster moves from the Leafs, but not until the summer."

The Leafs will certainly be an active team at the deadline, and Martin Ward is certain to field plenty of offers.

-Greg White,
TSN

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
2015 Trade Deadline Report

The Leafs were active today as expected. The rebuild is underway in Toronto, that became evident when goalie Jonathan Bernier was traded to the Minnesota Wild and 2 pending UFA's.

Below is a recap of the Leafs trades today:

To Anaheim:
Mike Santorelli

To Toronto
Miro Altonen
2015 2nd round pick
2015 3rd round pick
2014 4th round pick

To Minnesota
Jonathan Bernier

To Toronto
Nicklas Backstrom
2015 2nd round pick
2015 4th round pick

To Arizona
Cody Franson

To Toronto
Brandon Gormley
2015 5th round pick

Martin Ward scheduled a press conference after the deadline had ended where he talked about the moves made today and fielded questions from reporters.

"First and foremost I'd like to thank you all for coming out today, as you know we made some trades today.

I'll start with the Santorelli trade. Mike's a great guy and a great hockey player, we're sad to see him go, but he wasn't in our future plans. Right now we have a very shallow prospect pool, we're going to use the draft picks we acquired to stock the cupboard. I wish Mike all the best.

Cody Franson had informed us a month ago that he wasn't going to resign with us. He didn't want to be a part of the rebuilding process. We were fortunate to get Brandon in return, he's a player who will step right and play in the top 4. He's a RFA at seasons end and will be with us for the foreseeable future.

You can't have 2 number 1's forever, we had a decision to make and we chose to keep James. James is under contract for next year which made the decision a little easier. Jon's a good goalie, he's a competitor and he wanted to be a starter, in Minnesota he will be the guy. Nik Backstrom is a vet who can come in and be a mentor for James, he will also serve as our backup next year which settles our goaltending situation for the time being. The 2nd round could later be flipped at the draft, we don't know what's out there but we have lots of draft picks and lots of options."

Martin Ward Q and A:

Reporter 1: Martin, fans are curious, are the Leafs rebuilding >
M.W: That's a good question. Yes we are rebuilding, it's going to be a busy summer and you will see some big moves.

Reporter 2: Martin, is it true that Phil Kessel has requested a trade ?
M.W: No, he has not. Did he ask you for a trade ? I haven't heard anything. If he wants a trade he would have to tell me and not you.

Reporter 3: Are the any untouchables ?
M.W: Yes, Panik, Reilly and Nylander will not be moved.

Reporter 1: Is James Reimer the number goalie ? Is he the guy ?
M.W: Have you followed anything that has happened today ? Are you paying attention ? Yes, he's our guy.

Reporter 2: Last question Martin, Who's on the block ? Will Dion Phaneuf be traded ?
M.W: What kind of question is this ? We don't discuss player availability with the media.

That concludes our coverage of the Leafs deadline day. Certainly not a quiet one.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
2018/19 Starting Lineup:

Palat (86) - McDavid (93) - Silfverberg (86)
Boucher (83) - Johnson (88) - Zajac (84)
Nash (80) - Kesler (86) - Henrique (85)
Foligno (84) - Josefson (83) - Matthias (83)

Gelinas (91) - Larsson (84)
Merrill (86) - Davis (84)
Tursambayev (81) - Renz (83)

Schneider (88)
MacCallum (82)

MacCallum - 4Y, 22 Y/O
Tursambayev - 3.5R, 23 Y/O
Renz - 4.5Y, 20 Y/O
Davis - 4Y, 21 Y/O
Nash - 4R, 20 Y/O

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Doing an Oilers Be a GM, as usual.

So Perron (retained salary) To pittsburgh for First rounder and klinkhammer.

First year, I traded away Ference, Petry, Fasth, Nikitin all for draft picks. I ended up with the first and second overall picks, along with three other first rounders.

Fourth Year, after three years of playoffs and being eliminated in the semi finals, I'm 27-11-3. Line up is

Hall-RNH-Vanek
Yakupov-McDavid-Eberle
Lemieux-Gordon, Michalek
Pouliot-Klinkhammer-Booth
Purcell

Marincin-Schultz
Nurse-Gernat
Klefbom-Fayne

Lehner
Some finnish back up who's 79.

McDavid is in his rookie year, at 86 overall. Gernat and Nurse are 83 and 84, with Marincin being 86. Yakupov and Eberle don't seem to develop much, being 85 and 87.

RNH in the third year had 106 points. He is my highest rated player at 91. Vanek was signed for 6.5 million for 7 years....he's 33 but I had 19 million in cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad