NHL 15 Be A GM mode/Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
I decided to get back on the 360 and continue my GM with Ukraine

Ukraine 2024-25 Playoff Lineup
Kris Classen (87 - PLY - 4.5) - Kristian Johnsson (93 - PLY) - Steven Stamkos (88 - SNP)
Quinton Howden (90 - TWF) - Valeri Fedorov (92 - TWF - 4.5) - Tyson Baille (90 - TWF)
Morgan Klimchuck (88 - SNP) - Pavel Burmistrov (84 [-1] - PWF) - Ron Dunham (87 - TWF - 4.5)
Steven Sim (84 - PLY - 3) - Jerome Lambert (80 - TWF - 3) - Henrik Haapala (TWF - 83)

Ryan Pilon (88 - TWD) - Erik Karlsson (89 - OFD)
Sebastian Aho (87 - TWD) - Loik Leveille (88 - TWD)
Steve McArdle (83 - DFD - 3.5) - Steven Murphy (78 - OFD - 2)

Gary Weiss (92 - BUT - 5)
Carter Aston (82 - HYB)

- We won the Presidents Trophy with 126 points
- Johnsson ran away with the Art Ross and emerged as the best player in the NHL
- Stamkos won the Rocket Richard Trophy with 50 goals and finished 3rd in the league in points with 97
- Weiss should most definitely win the Vezina with 53 wins (best in league history), a 1.69 GAA (best in league history while playing over 50 games), a 938 SV% (2nd best in league history), and 16 shutouts (2nd best in league history) at the age of 25
- Classen should win the Calder after a 74 point season
- I acquired Stamkos at the deadline and he and Johnsson immediately started to tear up the league
- Johnsson is also a Selke favorite

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Just traded a 35 YO Dan Hamhuis plus two 1st Round Picks (expected to be in the 25 - 30 range) for a 29 year old, 92 Ov, PK Subban. It is a good day to be an electronic Canuck fan.

I am thinking of pairing him with his brother Jordan Subban (80 Ov) just for the amusement. And I see Boston has put Malcom Subban on the trade block. Maybe its time for an all Subban back end?

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Just traded a 35 YO Dan Hamhuis plus two 1st Round Picks (expected to be in the 25 - 30 range) for a 29 year old, 92 Ov, PK Subban. It is a good day to be an electronic Canuck fan.

I am thinking of pairing him with his brother Jordan Subban (80 Ov) just for the amusement. And I see Boston has put Malcom Subban on the trade block. Maybe its time for an all Subban back end?

Nice fleece of the CPU :laugh:
That'd be pretty sweet!

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
2016/17 Starting Lineup

Zajac (86) - Kesler (89) - Cammalleri (85)
Boucher (83) - McDavid (86) - Spezza (88)
Clowe (84) - Henrique (84) - Loktionov (84)
Matthias (83) - Josefson (83) - Mitchell (82)

Gelinas (90) - Greene (84)
Merrill (85) - Larsson (84)
Martinez (82) - Ekholm (79)

Schneider (88)
Peters (81)

Came 3rd last in the previous season and picked up Tyler Benson and Sean Day. Day is 4.5R and I drafted him in the 2nd round. Picked up Kesler in free agency and Gelinas is progressing like a BEAST. Merrill is coming along nicely but Larsson and Severson aren't developing very well.

mjd

Mar 19, 2010
Brockville
Wondering what everyone has been re-editing McDavid's overall to be. I've set it at 87, because if I remember correctly the first game Crosby and Ovechkin were in was NHL 07 and I believe they had ratings of 91 for Crosby, and 93 for Ovechkin ?

Feedback would be Golden! (Like Canada recent Medal!!!):yo:

STL Elite48

Apr 25, 2013
Since others did a New Jersey GM I stopped. I will be starting a new one tonight. I will either be doing St. Louis or Nashville. Suggestions?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Is there anyway to create players that will end up in the draft or is it just like last year? I want to add Hanifin and Eichel

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Is there anyway to create players that will end up in the draft or is it just like last year? I want to add Hanifin and Eichel

It depends on what console. I'm not sure about the XBOX One or PS4, but it is the same as last year on the 360/PS3. Also, you have to do something special to get them into the draft. There was a good video that someone made for NHL 14 on YouTube that tells you how to do it. It works if you do what that video says, as long as you have it on the PS3 OR Xbox One. Give me a minute to find the video. I posted it a few pages ago on this thread.

Edit: This is the video. I did it on 15 to add Eichel, Hanifin, and Zack Warenski and it works fine.

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
It depends on what console. I'm not sure about the XBOX One or PS4, but it is the same as last year on the 360/PS3. Also, you have to do something special to get them into the draft. There was a good video that someone made for NHL 14 on YouTube that tells you how to do it. It works if you do what that video says, as long as you have it on the PS3 OR Xbox One. Give me a minute to find the video. I posted it a few pages ago on this thread.

Was it the thing where you had to put them on created teams?

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Yep. I made both McDavid and Eichel 79 overall 4.5 green stars, and they progress at almost the same rate. McDavid usually progresses slightly faster, and by the end of the first few years McDavid is usually 1 overall better than Eichel. They do cap off at a similar overall at a similar age. The highest I've seen them is both 94 overall in the same sim.

loopy91

Jan 6, 2015
After a disappointing 2013-14 season the Winnipeg Jets have decided to part ways with their GM and Coach and hire on a much younger group to help rebuild the franchise.
"We really wanted to bring someone in here that would help develop the youngsters and we looked around the league but couldn't find anyone. So we decided to branch outside and we found a couple of guys who we really think will connect with these kids both on and off the ice and will help to turn this ship around."
Speaking to the media for the first time, GM Chris Walsh had this to say:
"Don't expect me to come in here and blow things up in the first year. I want to remain focused at the task at hand and take a long look at what we have now and what we want in the future. For me, I'm going to let the new coach take the reins and run with it. We have a good group here, but we really need to get a few pieces brought in before we can consider ourselves a contender...and that's not going to happen overnight."
When asked about his style of play and how he intends to develop his squad, new head coach Jacob Christopher's answer was quite simple:
"We want to win. I'm not here to do anything else, but I don't expect it to be easy. I'm glad management has offered me this chance to start my career here in Winnipeg"

SEASON ONE 2014-15

OFF THE ICE
The Winnipeg Jets started the campaign with the pretty much the same team they started with the previous season. GM Walsh had said he wasn't looking at making many changes throughout his first year and he stuck to his word. He made only one trade, sending Frolik and a 2nd round pick in 2015 to the Ottawa Senators for their 2015 1st Rd pick, which turned out to be 13th overall. He also made two small minor league signings, bringing in Micheal Schumacher and Ryan Horvat, both young LWs to help provide some depth in the organization.

ON THE ICE
Unfortunately for the Jets, the season is one to forget. They finished the season with a 34-44-3 season, accumulating 72 points and 29th overall. Their goal production was quite low, scoring only 204 while allowing 257. Bryan Little lead the team with 62 Pts(15G, 47A), while Evander Kane, who started the year on the 2nd line but moved up quickly to the 1st, topped the team in goals with 30.

DRAFT
Having the 2nd overall pick with so many good choices on the board, the Jets decided to boost their D core with the selection of N. Meloche. They are hoping he will grow into a steady D-man and will help produce on the PP in years to come. The full draft breakdown is as follows:
2. N. Meloche
13. D. Sprong (From Sens)
61. C. Askew
91. D. Gibl
121. A. Cirelli
151. C. Lalancette.

The offseason will be busy for Jets management as they will be looking to upgrade both upfront and in the goal tending department. The GM is going to take a few days before looking at resigning player and maybe electing to sign their 2nd overall pick to an ELC or holding off to see how he progresses in Junior.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Note: I've edited players and prospects, and added Matthews, Eichel, and Hanifin.

September 20th 2014.

Leafs fire GM Nonis, Hire unknown Ward.

Toronto_Maple_Leafs1.jpg

The Toronto Maple Leafs made headlines today when president Brendan Shanahan announced that GM Dave Nonis has been fired. Replacing him is Martin Ward. Ward was the assistant GM with the Shawinigan Cataractes of the QMJHL, many saw him as a bright prospect for a Q team in the future, he is now making a giant leap to the big leagues.

brendan-shanahan.jpg

Brendan Shanahan pictured above

Shanahan had this to say about the firing of his GM: "For the past 10 years we've been doormats. I won't tolerate this crap anymore. Our fans are paying good money, a high amount of money, and for what ? A losing team that is going nowhere. We've gone nowhere in the past 10 years. We have nothing to show for it. I fired Dave because we need to make drastic changes and it starts with management"

He had this to say about his rookie GM: "Marty's a great kid, he's a bright guy who's ambitious and has a plan. He's not afraid to make a big move. I like that about him. He has a clear image on the style he wants our team to play and he's going to bring that style to our team, the fans will love him."

When asked by reporters about his firing Nonis had this to say: "I saw it coming, with Burky gone I could tell that the organization was moving away from a tough and rugged style of play and we don't agree on how to move forward. It's for the best."

GM Ward immediately addressed the media as he called a press conference to announce that he had made a coaching change.

50273_44614772914_1738_n.jpg

Pictured above, Leafs new GM Martin Ward

Martin Ward: "Good afternoon all, it is with great enthusiasm that I take over the reins of this team. As you know, the past 10 years have not been kind to us. That's our fault, we haven't been committed to winning. That changes today, for everyone. If you're not a part of the soloution, you're a part of the problem. We have too many problems and not enough soloutions here.

This team has too many passengers and not enough conductors. That changes today, the Maple Leafs have a great history and it has been shameful to watch this team fail year after year. That stops now. This team needs more passion and needs people who want to be here. I want people who give a dam, I want players and coaches who hate losing. The Leafs will be a highly skilled, passionate, hard working team. If you don't fit this mould get out.

Will beats skill, we want guys who have the will to succeed. We won't pass up on players due to size concerns. We will be a highly skilled team that players an in your face style. We demand your best effort. That starts today. It will take time, it's not going to get better today, nor will it be better tomorrow. Next week it still won't be better, not even next month, but next year you'll see real progress."

After addressing the media and introducing himself he announced that Randy Carlyle and his assistants have been fired. John Tortarella has been named his replacement, his assistants are Benoit Groulx, Scott Walker and Joel Bouchard. Sean Burke is the new goaltending coach.

Leafs new Head Coach John Tortorella below
john-tortorellax-inset-community.jpg

Former Leafs Coach Randy Carlyle below
1330672370940_ORIGINAL.jpg

On the coach hires Ward said this: "Randy needs a fresh start, he won't get that here. I won't subject him to blame because this group has issues. It was an amicable split. I brought John in because he gives a ****, he cares. He gets the most out of players, his staff are former pros who know what it takes to win and they the most out of players. We will get your best every night, if not you're not going to play here."

More moves are expected in the coming days as the leafs open camp and as Ward evaluates the roster.

Last edited:

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
September 21st

Leafs busy shuffling the deck.

Toronto-Maple-Leafs.jpg

The Toronto Maple Leafs have had a busy day making some moves.

Here they are:

Signings:
F Todd Bertuzzi 1yr 800K
D Ed Jovanovski 1yr 1M

Trades:

To Anaheim:
Stephane Robidas

To Toronto:
Sheldon Sourray
2015 6th round draft pick

To Boston:
Trevor Smith
Frazier McLaren
Spencer Abbott

To Toronto
Bobby Robbins

To Carolina
Korbinian Holzer
Kevin Marshall
D.A MacWillism

To Toronto:
Austin Levi

To Boston:
Bobby Robins

To Toronto
Tyler Randell

Martin Ward had this to say: "We made some minor league moves today in order to create room on our reserve list. We were able to do so, we also opened up some space for our youngsters playing wit the Marlies, while removing some of the toxicity of certain players. These moves will allow for more ice time for our younger players and it creates a better locker room atmosphere with the Marlies."

"We had to move out Stepahne because we needed future financial flexibility. We have some really bad contracts with lots of term on them, I don't know what previous management was smoking when they gave these out. It's a mess, it will take time to clean this up. Sheldon will spend the season in the minors, his contract for the most part counts against the cap, however his deal expires at seasons end, thus taking more than 4 millions dollars off the books, we paid the price in taking on a bigger cap hit and giving up a roster player in order to get some flexibility. The 6th round pick offers little value, but this move was made in order to secure our future."

"I brought in Ed and Todd for some verteran leadership, and for added depth. There's no point in playing our youngsters on the 4th line or on our bottom pair."

The leafs finished the pre-season with a 5-1-1 record, which is seen as a surprise to many. They open the regular season against Montreal.

Last edited:

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
2014-2015 Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto-Maple-Leafs.jpg

The Leafs training camp came to an end today, and these are the expected lines and roster.

JVR(87)-Kadri(85)-Kessel(90)
Lupul(86)-Bozak(86)-Clarkson(83)
Booth(82)-Santorelli(84)-Bertuzzi(81)
Winnik(81)-Komarov(78)-Frattin(80)

Phaneuf(85)-Franson(83)
Gardinder(83)-Polak(82)
Jovanovski(80)-Reilly(79)

Bernier(84)
Reimer(84)

The Leafs had placed Carter Ashton and Peter Holland on Waivers, both of whom were claimed by the Blues.

The Leafs are expected to fight for low seed in the playoffs, much of the teams success will depend on Phil Kessel and the goaltending.

Last edited:

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
2017/18 Starting Lineup:

Silfverberg (86) - McDavid (90) - Spezza (87)
Palat (86) - Kesler (88) - Johnson (87)
Boucher (83) - Henrique (84) - Zajac (87)
Matthias (83) - Josefson (83) - Loktionov (84)

Gelinas (91) - Larsson (84)
Merrill (85) - Martinez (82)
Donovan (80) - Davis (79)

Schneider (87)
McDonald (82)

Davis was my 2017 2nd rounder. Cammalleri and Greene retired so with that freed up cap space I was able to spend a lot in FA. Picked up Johnson and Silfverberg through UFA and got Palat through an offersheet.

I need to improve my defense but there was no defenseman over 80 in the last free agent pool. When their contracts expire, Zajac, Spezza and Loktionov will probably be let go as they don't really perform that well. Luckily, I drafted a 4.5Y, 73 overall 18 year old TWD who already has NHL level defensive stats. Unfortunately, Severson has stayed at 78 for another season so I doubt he gets any better.

After three straight bottom 5 finishes, I'm expecting much better this year...

Karnage

Mar 9, 2004
After a disappointing 2013-14 season the Winnipeg Jets have decided to part ways with their GM and Coach and hire on a much younger group to help rebuild the franchise.
"We really wanted to bring someone in here that would help develop the youngsters and we looked around the league but couldn't find anyone. So we decided to branch outside and we found a couple of guys who we really think will connect with these kids both on and off the ice and will help to turn this ship around."
Speaking to the media for the first time, GM Chris Walsh had this to say:
"Don't expect me to come in here and blow things up in the first year. I want to remain focused at the task at hand and take a long look at what we have now and what we want in the future. For me, I'm going to let the new coach take the reins and run with it. We have a good group here, but we really need to get a few pieces brought in before we can consider ourselves a contender...and that's not going to happen overnight."
When asked about his style of play and how he intends to develop his squad, new head coach Jacob Christopher's answer was quite simple:
"We want to win. I'm not here to do anything else, but I don't expect it to be easy. I'm glad management has offered me this chance to start my career here in Winnipeg"

SEASON ONE 2014-15

OFF THE ICE
The Winnipeg Jets started the campaign with the pretty much the same team they started with the previous season. GM Walsh had said he wasn't looking at making many changes throughout his first year and he stuck to his word. He made only one trade, sending Frolik and a 2nd round pick in 2015 to the Ottawa Senators for their 2015 1st Rd pick, which turned out to be 13th overall. He also made two small minor league signings, bringing in Micheal Schumacher and Ryan Horvat, both young LWs to help provide some depth in the organization.

ON THE ICE
Unfortunately for the Jets, the season is one to forget. They finished the season with a 34-44-3 season, accumulating 72 points and 29th overall. Their goal production was quite low, scoring only 204 while allowing 257. Bryan Little lead the team with 62 Pts(15G, 47A), while Evander Kane, who started the year on the 2nd line but moved up quickly to the 1st, topped the team in goals with 30.

DRAFT
Having the 2nd overall pick with so many good choices on the board, the Jets decided to boost their D core with the selection of N. Meloche. They are hoping he will grow into a steady D-man and will help produce on the PP in years to come. The full draft breakdown is as follows:
2. N. Meloche
13. D. Sprong (From Sens)
61. C. Askew
91. D. Gibl
121. A. Cirelli
151. C. Lalancette.

The offseason will be busy for Jets management as they will be looking to upgrade both upfront and in the goal tending department. The GM is going to take a few days before looking at resigning player and maybe electing to sign their 2nd overall pick to an ELC or holding off to see how he progresses in Junior.

Meloche turned into a franchise defensemen for me

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Quarter Season Report

Toronto-Maple-Leafs.jpg

At the 21 game mark the Leafs are 8-13-0 and out of a playoff spot. Being out of the playoffs is nothing new for Leafs fans. The team is under performing and it is troubling.

Coach John Tortarella had this to say: "Crap, ****ing crap. That's our effort level, that's why we're out of the playoffs. We don't give a ****. I've never see this before, too many guys here are just collecting pay checks. Kessel has been a ghost 90% of the time. You know what ? Maybe he should retire and go fish all day."

john-tortorella1.png

Tortarella was later fined 5000$ by the league for his comments.

Martin Ward had this to say: "Well I agree with Torts, we've had some brutal efforts. Guys don't care. I'm still in the evaluation phase, we need to see who's part of the soloution. Changes are coming make no mistake. These things take time, we want to be sure we get it right. Everyone is in play except for Morgan Reilly. Moves are coming but the value has to be there."

The Leafs in the mean time play the Penguins tonight, it is not known when these change will come, fans however are left to speculate.

For TSN, I'm Greg White.

Last edited:

SP0RTSFANATIC98

Feb 11, 2013
Minny
Best team to try and acquire Connor McDavid with?? I was thinking New Jersey, Arizona, or Carolina and I'm trying to avoid teams with alot of young talent already like Edmonton, Calgary, Buffalo, and Florida.

SP0RTSFANATIC98

Feb 11, 2013
Minny
Sick.
I noticed that Petan didnt progress at all in his first year. Anyone have any information on him?
Yeah I would like to know too, especially after the world juniors I'm really tempted to start a Winnipeg gm to play with Petan, Morissey, and Comrie

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Mid-Season Report

The Leafs sit at 21-20-1 at the the 42 game mark. 3 points out of a playoff spot. Consistency has been an issue all year and there is not a clear cut starter. Phil Kessel has been up and down, he leads the Leafs with 18 goals.

The Leafs are expected to be sellers at the trade deadline, regardless of their position in the standings. The Leafs have not given a clear indication of which direction the team is headed, although it's believed they are rebuilding.

620-bernier-thumb-620xauto-328189.jpg

Coach John Tortarella and GM Martin Ward offered their thoughts on the season.

"It's been fustrating, some nights we're there and we show up, others we aren't. You have off nights, I get that, but most nights are off nights here and that shouldn't be the case. Sooner or later those guys, and they know who they are, will find themselves out the door." -John Tortarella

"The trade front has been quiet, at this point we're fairly confident about the direction we want to go in. We know who we want to keep and who needs to go. There's going to be a few moves at the deadline that's a certainty. I can't and won't say who but I won't trade Reilly or Nylander. We're not about sacrificing the future for a shot at the playoffs. We want to get some contracts off the books and start to open space. We need guys with a higher compete level and that starts from the bottom up." -Martin Ward

kessel-163967964.jpg

It is expected that Phil Kessel will be traded at some point in the coming months, management has seen enough and seems to believe that he is not the man to take this club to the promised land.

-Greg White,
TSN

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad