NHL 15 Be A GM mode/Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
So I add an 88ovr T.J. Oshie to my Team via Free Agency, and I lose (albeit in double-overtime in Game 6) in Round 1, Year Four, when with a lesser skilled roster I make it to the East Finals two years in a row when I didn't have him.

I don't get this game... :shakehead

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It was time to turn this Seattle **** around. 6 or 7 straight years of no playoffs. I traded prospects stocked up and picks at the draft for Eric Staal and Corey Perry. Let's do this.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
After Two Straight Years of First Round Playoff Exits I shook things up on Long Island shipping out Star Forward T.J. Oshie to Los Angles for Goaltender Martin Jones and the First Overall Pick...

:kings

T.J. Oshie (88ovr)
Michael Grabner (84ovr)
Mikko Ojamaki (82ovr)
Current Years 1st Round Pick (23rd overall = 4str SNP)

:isles

Martin Jones (86ovr)
Victor Mete (74ovr, 4str OFD)
Current Years 1st Overall Pick (Blake Porter, 80ovr, 4 1/2 SNP, 19yrs)

:thumbu:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Gonna return with an NHL 2K10 franchise. Thinking the Leafs, but am open to suggestions. Also have NHL 09/10

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
2010-11 Season Preview

kaberle_powers_firstwin.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg

The 2010-11 season is about to get underway, and the Toronto Maple Leafs are expected to once again be in the bottom half of the league. Even with the signings of Mats Sundin, and Curtis Joseph to 1 year deals yesterday, the team will almost certainly miss the playoffs. The Leafs also made a trade ahead of the season, dealing Jamal Mayers and a 7th Round Pick to the Colorado Avalanche, for Darcy Tucker. The 34 year old was bought out by the Maple Leafs two summers ago, and struggled last season in Colorado, but the belief is that Darcy Tucker can add some heart and grit, and hopefully some secondary scoring for the Maple Leafs once again.

The expected lines for the Maple Leafs are as follows;

Alexei Ponikarovsky 81 - Mats Sundin 83 - Darcy Tucker 79
Niklas Hagman 79 - Matt Stajan 83 - Lee Stempniak 79
Jason Blake 78 - Mikhail Grabovski 77 - Nikolai Kulemin 75
Colin Stuart 71 - Chris Hanson 75 - Colton Orr 73
Scratch: John Mitchell 67

Tomas Kaberle 86 - Mike Komisarek 81
Francois Beauchemin 81 - Luke Schenn 81
Jeff Finger 79 - Mike Van Ryn 78
Scratch: Garnet Exelby 75, Anton Stralman 76

Vesa Toskala 85
Curtis Joseph 79

Meanwhile the Maple Leafs top prospect list, currently looks pretty bare;

Ian White - 76 - 25 Years Old
Jiri Tlusty - 74 - 21 Years Old
Justin Pogge - 73 - 23 Years Old

That's it.

The future, as it sits currently, doesn't look to bleak for the franchise that hasn't seen the playoffs since 2004.​

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Post-Deadline Report

komi.jpg

The trade deadline has come and gone and the Toronto Maple Leafs, and the rest of the league, made some moves. Firstly, the Maple Leafs traded Mike Komisarek (81) and a 3rd round pick to the Islanders in exchange for a 1st Round Pick. This deal is risky for the New York Islanders, as if they don't have a strong finish to the season, that pick could be a top 10 pick.

Secondly, the Leafs traded Jeff Finger (79) to the St Louis Blues for prospect Alex Steen (76). Alex Steen was traded to the Blues last season along with Carlo Colaiacovo in exchange for Lee Stempniak.

The Maple Leafs currently sit 3rd in the East, and 1st in their division, with a 31-25-5 record. Captain Mats Sundin leads the team with 22 goals, and 75 points in 61 games this season. Lee Stempniak leads the team in goals with 24 points.

Around the League, a couple pick trades went down.

- The Los Angeles Kings traded Jack Johnson to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Rick Rypien and Kevin Bieksa.
- The Atlanta Thrashers traded Ron Hainsey and a 10' 2nd round pick, to the San Jose Sharks for Rob Blake.
- The Atlanta Thrashers traded Bryan Little to the Colorado Avalanche for Cody McLeod and a 10' 1st.
- The New Jersey Devils traded Travis Zajac to the San Jose Sharks for Jonathan Cheechoo and a 10' 1st.
- The Montreal Canadiens traded Tomas Plekanec to the San Jose Sharks for Douglas Murray and Brad Lukowich.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
So I add an 88ovr T.J. Oshie to my Team via Free Agency, and I lose (albeit in double-overtime in Game 6) in Round 1, Year Four, when with a lesser skilled roster I make it to the East Finals two years in a row when I didn't have him.

I don't get this game... :shakehead

I feel like I always have a lull 3 or 4 years in, even if my roster has been dramatically improved.

Bdravens

Jan 28, 2014
Maryland
Just curious if anyone has come across this: I play on the PS4, and am currently using the Panthers. I'm about to start season 2, and for some reason Ekblad is nowhere to be found. He played with the big club in his first season and got 31 points, and jumped to an 85 overall. Now, he just isn't in either the NHL or "In the System" options. Does anyone else have any idea how to get around this and call him up?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Season Wrap-Up/Off-Season

1f4b6b2c427c860bf683ffcff06a-473x315.jpg

The Toronto Maple Leafs ended the season with a record of 40-36-6, earning the 8th and final playoff spot, beating out both the Panthers and Flyers by a single point. That meant the Leafs would face the Carolina Hurricanes in the first round of the playoffs. Mats Sundin looked like he was in his prime this season, posting 100 points for the first time in his career. 28 goals, and 72 assists were his final tallies. Sundin's assists were second in the league, behind just Joe Thornton who got an insane 92 assists this season.

The 27 year old Lee Stempniak also impressed in his first full season as a Toronto Maple Leaf. Notching 32 goals, and 75 points in 76 games, playing on Sundin's wing. Alexei Ponikarovsky played just 8 games this season, but notched 12 points in those game. He missed the final 74 games of the season, and the entire playoffs with a Torn ACL. Meanwhile, the Leafs struggles in the net continued. As Vesa Toskala posted just a .908 sv%m, and a 2.98 GAA.

In the playoffs, the Leafs managed to squeak by the Hurricanes in 7 games, however lost to the Penguins in the second round in 5 games. Mikhail Grabovski led the team with 10 points in the 12 games, while Mats Sundin had 8 points in 10 games, as he missed the final two games of the Pittsburgh with a fractured foot.

- The Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Vancouver Canucks in 4 straight games to win the Stanley Cup.
- Curtis Joseph Retired.

In the draft, we had the 2nd Overall Pick in the deal we got from the New York Islanders.

2nd Overall - Travis Yonkman, D
14th Overall - Dan Kessel, D
43rd Overall - Joni Markkanen, C
103rd Overall - Ethan Williams, D
134th Overall - Reinhard Trettnog, G
164th Overall - Milan Raycroft, C

Re-Signed Mats Sundin (81) to a 1 year deal
Re-Signed Justin Pogge (77) to a 3 year deal

Signed Erik Chrstensen, C
Signed Phil Kessel, C
Signed Andrej Sekera, D
Signed Taylor Pyatt, LW
Signed Matt Hunwick, D
Signed Karri Ramo, G

Traded Justin Pogge (77), and Jason Blake (77) to LA Kings for Jonathan Bernier (79)
Traded Vesa Toskala (85), Mike Van Ryn (78), Chris Hanson (76) and a 4th, to Anaheim Ducks, for J.S Giguere (91)

The Lines for the upcoming season;

Alexei Ponikarovsky 82 - Mats Sundin 81 - Phil Kessel 88
Nikolai Kulemin 79 - Matt Stajan 83 - Alex Steen 80
Niklas Hagman 79 - Mikhail Grabovski 81 - Lee Stempniak 80
Taylor Pyatt 76 - Erik Christensen 77 - Darcy Tucker 78

Tomas Kaberle 86 - Luke Schenn 84
Francois Beauchemin 81 - Anton Stralman 77
Andrej Sekera 79 - Ian White 77

JS Giguere 91
Jonathan Bernier 79​

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
I have some questions for next gen users:

1. How often does potential change happen?
2. Does any player with AHL potential have a chance at becoming an top 9 NHL player?
3. What should you draft by? Overall or potential?

Any answers would be appreciated :handclap:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know what's happening in my AHL team, but I signed Mason Geertsen a few seasons ago and his PIMs in the last two seasons have been ridiculous.

2016/2017: 437 PIMs in 76 games.
2017/2018: 404 PIMs in 76 games.

It's not like he's an enforcer or anything. :laugh:

Packfan1022

Oct 15, 2014
USA
Want to start a no trade GM mode and looking for a really hard team to do it with, thinking Arizona, Winnipeg, Calgary, or Vancouver. any team suggestions?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Started one as Florida, the goal is to suck for MCDavid the first year then compete. I traded most of my veterans and high-priced veterans but instead of 76er-ing everything I went for young roster guys and not just draft picks.

Here are my first couple trades, up to this point ( 2 games in)

Huberdeau & Jimmy Hayes for Monahan and Kulak. Ive heard Monahan has great potential in the game and I prefer guys like him over players like Hubby.

Bolland for Schenn. Bolland has pretty high value but I just wanted to rid my self of his horrid contract and get something decent in return. Pylons are always good to have :P

Kopecky for Brendan Leipsic. Just wanted to shed his contract and Leipsic isn't too bad of a prospect.

Bobby Lu for Tarasenko. Luongo has stupid high trade value but his salary is big so there weren't too many teams that could take him. 'Senko is one of my favourite players and a guy who can grow with Monahan/Barkov/Bjugstad etc

Bergenheim for Josh Morrissey. Another contract to shed and I picked up a pretty solid prospect who projects to be a top 4 guy.

Jokinen for Jaynen Risslign & NSH 1st. I wanted another first in the draft and find they can be hard to come by, plus I won't need Jussi's stick handling when Im trying to lose games.

Willie Mitchell for Tyler Bertuzzi. Another contract to shed and Mitchell has little fade value. I actually signed Todd Bertuzzi to add cap and its cool to have his nephew as well. Plus Tyler is one of my fav guys in the OHL.

Fleischmann, Dylan Olsen and a 2016 2nd for Filip Forsberg & Matt Cullen. This is like my Tarasenko deal, instead of flat out tanking I wanted to get sold young guys and Forsberg looks to be very good. Felischmann is ok and FLA is pretty deep on defence so I didn't need Olsen. The 2nd won't matter much with 2016 mainly being player created and Ill hopefully be competing.

I tried to trade Brian Campbell but his freaking 7 million dollar salary is so hard to move svn with adding sweeteners like top specs and picks.

Finally I traded Kulikov & 2017 2nd for Mirco Mueller. My defence was pretty good with Campbell, Schenn, Gudda, Petrovic and Ekblad so Kuli wasn't really needed. Mueller has a lot of trade value is a favourite of mine.

I trade for SOuray and signed Handzus, Jovo-Cop and ray Whitney so id be over cap but Im excited for this team.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Want to start a no trade GM mode and looking for a really hard team to do it with, thinking Arizona, Winnipeg, Calgary, or Vancouver. any team suggestions?

Go with Arizona. CGY is somewhat easy due to their prospect base, Canucks have loads of assets, including prospects like Virtanen and Shinkaruk. Arizona doesn't have that much outside of OEL, Yandle and Domi. WPG wouldn't be a bad choice either, but i think ARZ is more of a challenge.

Packfan1022

Oct 15, 2014
USA
Go with Arizona. CGY is somewhat easy due to their prospect base, Canucks have loads of assets, including prospects like Virtanen and Shinkaruk. Arizona doesn't have that much outside of OEL, Yandle and Domi. WPG wouldn't be a bad choice either, but i think ARZ is more of a challenge.
Thanks man, will start tomorrow.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I remember reading the first couple posts and everyone saying and showing how great Monahan turned out.

Is this the case in the Dec 10 update?

I know I'm late, haven't been on HF Boards in over a year.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
I remember reading the first couple posts and everyone saying and showing how great Monahan turned out.

Is this the case in the Dec 10 update?

I know I'm late, haven't been on HF Boards in over a year.

I always see him in the 88-90s, might take til he's 25 sometimes though.

And has anyone ever seen Oliver Kylington get past an 83 ovr? Seriously, 4 1/2 stars, no matter where he's played just does not progress in any of my GMs

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
I always see him in the 88-90s, might take til he's 25 sometimes though.

And has anyone ever seen Oliver Kylington get past an 83 ovr? Seriously, 4 1/2 stars, no matter where he's played just does not progress in any of my GMs

Kylington never went past 75 overall for me, but for the CPU, he's gets to 90+ every time.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Finished a season where Connor McDavid had 159 points (74 goals, I think) and Kopitar had 129 points with 85+ assists.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
banner.PNG

BIG SHAKEUP IN TAMPA BAY;NEW GM HIRED

yzerman16_slide.jpg

Steve Yzerman talks to the media about his decision

"I am leaving the Tampa Bay Lightning" were the words the media heard today, during a press conference. "With the recent firing of Ken Holland, I was offered a position with the Wings, which I accepted. There was no bad blood involved."

With the need for a GM, and no replacement readily available, Tampa Bay went to the basement and signed unknown Phil Jackson to a 3 year contract. Phil was a hockey insider for 3 years, and was from Tampa.

Phil kicked off the season with a bang, accquiring Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Kyle Chipchura, Daniel Paille, Patrick Marleau, Alex Duclair and Frederik Anderson for Marcus Ohlund, Mathieu Carle, Ryan Callahan, Alex Killiorn, Evgeni Nabokov, New York's 1st rounder, Tampa's 3rd, and Slater Koekkok.

They also signed D Joni Pitkanen in the offseason.

Projected lineup for Tampa for the 2014-15 season:

Valtteri Fillipula-Steven Stamkos-Patrick Marleau
Ondrej Palat-Tyler Johnson-Nikita Kucherov
Jonathan Drouin-Brian Boyle-Brett Connoly
Daniel Paille-Brendan Morrow-Kyle Chipchura

Victor Hedman-Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Jason Garrison-Joni Pitkanen
Anton Stralman-Radko Gudas

Ben Bishop
Frederik Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.