NHL 15 Be A GM mode/Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEpicOne258

Jun 23, 2014
Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture, but I recently started a GM mode with the Sharks and began tanking almost immediately, just for fun. When I got to the 2015-2016 season, I managed to be the worst team in the league, but ended up picking 2nd overall to Carolina, however, past the first round or two, I noticed I started having the first overall pick, never traded Carolina for their picks at all? Anyone else notice something similar?

They won the lottery, so they pick first overall, but it only applies to the first round, so you get your first overall for all the other rounds.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture, but I recently started a GM mode with the Sharks and began tanking almost immediately, just for fun. When I got to the 2015-2016 season, I managed to be the worst team in the league, but ended up picking 2nd overall to Carolina, however, past the first round or two, I noticed I started having the first overall pick, never traded Carolina for their picks at all? Anyone else notice something similar?

That's just how it works. You only move up in the 1st round

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

That's just how it works. You only move up in the 1st round

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Who is everyones favourite player to use in their GM modes?

I love using the Sedin twins. Cycle game is sick.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I just draft a kid in the early second round. 4.5 red star center sniper and 78 overall. That's great, but not compared to his name. His name is Jesus Patrick.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
My created teams constantly has 50-60 losses in the first 2-3 seasons. :laugh: I'm not complaining, though.

I should really get around to creating Eichel and Hanifin.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just had to trade McDavid after 15 seasons with the Oilers. Had 80s style Oilers dynasty and now the entire core is officially gone with the exception of one defenseman.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Quick update on my Sharks franchise. We're approaching the trade deadline of the 2016-17 season and are currently ranked 28th in the NHL. Decided to shake things up a bit with a blockbuster trade...

To WPG: Joe Pavelski (89)
To SJS: Evander Kane (87) + 2017 3rd-round pick

With Pavelski being moved, we are now transitioning into a new era. Pavelski, Thornton and Marleau have all been dealt and a young core has been established.

Here are the new lines as the trade deadline approaches.

Evander Kane (87) - Logan Couture (89) - Nail Yakupov (84)
Matt Nieto (85) - Tomas Hertl (86) - Chris Stewart (84)
Matt Calvert (80) - Chris Tierney (79) - Tommy Wingels (84)
Derek Dorsett (80) - James Sheppard (81) - Jack Skille (80)

Marc-Edouard Vlasic (88) - Brent Burns (87)
Nick Leddy (85) - Justin Braun (84)
Brenden Dillon (83) - Mirco Mueller (81)

Matt Hackett (84)
Alex Stalock (82)

TRADE WATCH:

Brent Burns - At age 31, Burns is the oldest player on an astoundingly young Sharks squad. He is among the league's elite offensive defensemen and has been a staple on San Jose's blue line since transitioning from forward back to defense three years ago. With the Sharks well out of playoff position, now may be the time for Burns to be dealt to a contender. The defenseman will be an unrestricted free agent this summer and the chances of him re-signing with the rebuilding Sharks aren't high. If San Jose can get a high-end young player or top prospect in exchange for Burns, don't be shocked if they pull the trigger.

Chris Stewart - The Sharks acquired Stewart from Buffalo early last season in hopes that he could provide some size, grit and scoring to their top six. While Stewart has delivered size and grit, the scoring simply has not been there. Since joining the team, Stewart has averaged .5 points per game despite seeing ample ice time at even strength and on the power play. He's not a fit, short-term or long-term, in San Jose.

Matt Hackett - Hackett was acquired alongside Stewart in last season's trade that sent Brock Nelson and Tye McGinn to the Sabres. The Sharks hoped that the young goaltender would take the reigns as the club's No. 1 goalie and blossom into a top-flight starter. Instead, Hackett has been mediocre for most of his tenure in teal. His poor performance in the playoffs last year cost the team a chance at the Conference Finals, and that poor play has carried over into this season. At 26 years old, Hackett is still young enough to turn his career around and solidify himself as a starter. But it's not likely to happen in San Jose. Expect the Sharks to try to package Hackett and some other assets in an attempt to bring in a more established goaltender.

Last edited:

Melska

Oct 2, 2010
'The A-Team'
I'm doing a fantasy draft in which I can only draft players with their last name starting with A. Trading, Free Agency, and the Draft all include this rule. This first post will have the fantasy draft!

I decided to take Arizona for the GM Mode.

Such an amazing idea! I went with F and picked Flyers as my team. This is the team I ended up having as my starting roster:

Foligno N (85)-Filppula (87)-Forsberg (81)
Fleischmann (84)-Fisher (86)-Franzen (86)
Foligno M (81)-Fiddler (79)-Fehr (82)
Fontaine (80)-Fraser (78)-Frattin (80)

Fowler (84)-Faulk (85)
Fayne (82)-Franson (83)
Ference (82)-Fraser (79)

Fleury (88)-Fasth (84)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Do created players actually develop in this game? I want to create Eichel, Hanifin and Werenski but I don't want them to not develop at all like they did in 2014.

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
Do created players actually develop in this game? I want to create Eichel, Hanifin and Werenski but I don't want them to not develop at all like they did in 2014.

They develop. I gave Eichel 4.5 green stars and he developed to a 95 overall by the time he's 23.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Damn. Now I want to create them and restart my Seattle one. :laugh:

I also have to edit McDavid so he's NHL-ready right out of the draft.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Is GM Mode on the XB1 actually playable now?

I haven't played NHL in a long time and was just wondering if its actually worth starting up again, I absolutely loved 13 and 14 GM mode on the 360 but it was gutted last time I played 15 (no draft and other stuff)..

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
:isles

---

Made it to Game 7 of the East Finals in Year Two,

Grabner (85) - Tavares (92, C) - Okposo (89, A)
Grabovski (85) - Nielsen (86, A) - Strome (85)
Spaling (83) - Cizikas (84) - Lee (83)
Pirri (83) - Nelson (82) - Kulemin (83)
Ward (83)
Clutterbuck (82)

Leddy (86) - Hamonic (83)
Meszaros (84) - Boychuk (83)
Reinhart (81) - De haan (83)
Donavan (81)

Halak (86) - Johnson (82)

---

Edit: Was Year Two... but also made it to the East Finals again in Year Three... losing to Tampa in 6.

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Is GM Mode on the XB1 actually playable now?

I haven't played NHL in a long time and was just wondering if its actually worth starting up again, I absolutely loved 13 and 14 GM mode on the 360 but it was gutted last time I played 15 (no draft and other stuff)..

I enjoy it a lot more with the draft back in

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
:sharks

Sharks Make Waves at Trade Deadline

With his club ranked a lowly 28th in the NHL and dead last in the Western Conference, San Jose Sharks GM Doug Wilson was active on trade deadline day. He pulled the trigger on two significant deals, one of which saw a core player shipped to the East Coast.

In his first deal of the day, Wilson sent winger Chris Stewart (84) to Florida in exchange for defenseman Dmitry Kulikov (83).

DKulikov.jpg

Dmitry Kulikov will log top-four minutes and heavy power play time with the Sharks.

"This deal came together very quickly and we're excited to bring in a young, skilled defenseman in Dmitry Kulikov," Wilson said. "We'd like to wish Chris Stewart the best of luck with his new club. He played a hard, gritty game for us during his time here, but long-term we didn't see a role for him with our hockey team."

Wilson's second deal of the day was a bombshell. He traded star defenseman and fan favorite Brent Burns (87) to the New York Rangers in exchange for forward Chris Kreider (85) and a 2017 third-round pick.

images

Chris Kreider will fill the hole left by the departure of Chris Stewart up front.

"Trading Brent Burns was not a decision that we made lightly. He has been a cornerstone of this franchise for the last six years and remains one of the league's finest offensive defensemen," Wilson said. "With that said, we know that our franchise is in a rebuilding phase and Brent is set to be an unrestricted free agent this summer. It's best for him to go to a club that is contending, and it's best for us to bring in younger players who have a bit of term on their contracts. We're excited to welcome Chris Kreider to our team and we're confident that he'll be a key fixture in our top six."

Reports indicate that the Sharks attempted to package goaltender Matt Hackett with a few prospects in exchange for a more established starting goalie, but they were not able to work out a deal.

San Jose will wrap up the regular season with the following lineup:

Evander Kane (87) - Logan Couture (89) - Chris Kreider (85)
Matt Nieto (85) - Tomas Hertl (86) - Nail Yakupov (84)
Matt Calvert (80) - Chris Tierney (79) - Tommy Wingels (84)
Derek Dorsett (80) - James Sheppard (81) - Jack Skille (80)

Marc-Edouard Vlasic (88) - Dmitry Kulikov (83)
Nick Leddy (85) - Justin Braun (84)
Brenden Dillon (83) - Mirco Mueller (81)

Matt Hackett (84)
Alex Stalock (82)

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Signed Oshie to a 6yr/$7.25m deal. Wondering what line combos I should do...

Line Combo Idea 1:
Grabner - Tavares - Okposo
Oshie - Nielsen - Strome

Line Combo Idea 2:
Okposo - Tavares - Oshie
Grabner - Nielsen - Strome

Line Combo Idea 3:
Oshie - Tavares - Strome
Grabner - Nielsen - Okposo

Line Combo Idea 4:
Nielsen - Strome - Oshie

Line Combo Idea 5:
Oshie - Nielsen - Strome

Leaning towards.. Okposo - Tavares - Oshie, or Combo 4/5.

Nuge93

Stuck in a "Rebuild"
Jun 27, 2013
How can I get Eichel in the game? I created him, with his actual birthday, so he's undrafted but he's in free agents. How do I fix this?

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
How can I get Eichel in the game? I created him, with his actual birthday, so he's undrafted but he's in free agents. How do I fix this?

you already created him, edit him so his birthday is like 1992, change the team that "owns" his rights to none, then re-enter his real birthday, save the changes and back out.
THEN find him in free agency and assign him to an CHL team(I think the Sea Dogs in the Q own his rights, so I'd put him there) and Voila he'll be in the game.

Last edited:

Packfan1022

Oct 15, 2014
USA
Signed Oshie to a 6yr/$7.25m deal. Wondering what line combos I should do...

Line Combo Idea 1:
Oshie - Nielsen - Strome

Line Combo Idea 2:
Okposo - Tavares - Oshie
Grabner - Nielsen - Strome

Line Combo Idea 3:
Oshie - Tavares - Strome
Grabner - Nielsen - Okposo

Line Combo Idea 4:
Nielsen - Strome - Oshie

Line Combo Idea 5:
Oshie - Nielsen - Strome

Leaning towards.. Okposo - Tavares - Oshie, or Combo 4/5.

Do #2, okposo is too good for the second line. I know, I'm an isles fan and have done like ten go modes with them.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Do #2, okposo is too good for the second line. I know, I'm an isles fan and have done like ten go modes with them.

Yeah.

I had Grabner - Tavares - Okposo (what I was rolling for several years before Oshie), and they did produce as well as before for the first time.

Rolling,

Oshie - Tavares - Okposo

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Jack Eichel I made a 75 SNP with 4.5 green potential.
Noah Hanifin I made a 73 TWD with 4.5 Green.
and Werenski I made a 70 TWD with 4.5 gold.

I'm more into Eichel (and McDavid) having overalls that would get them in the NHL right out of the draft, just like real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad