News Article: News & Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I get why the picked the years that they did, but there's no context to that. Carlzner were the shutdown pair for basically the entirety of Oates' and Hunter's Run, no? So before that it was all Green but before that we were a completely different team. Carlzner have been our shutdown guy through the time where we only thought blocking a shot was defense and that being on your strong side was all that was necessary to be a good defender.

I like Green, he was my favorite player till Carlson and Holtby stepped up, but those stats just need context to them.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

"Why are the graphs so skewed? You used different year values for the Green corsi, which makes it seem like he’s been a consistently good possession player, it’s completely misleading. Comparing the years where they have played together on the same team you can see that zone starts are largely correlated with corsi (for Carlson and Green at least, I didn’t check Alzner)."

LOL...

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I get why the picked the years that they did, but there's no context to that. Carlzner were the shutdown pair for basically the entirety of Oates' and Hunter's Run, no? So before that it was all Green but before that we were a completely different team. Carlzner have been our shutdown guy through the time where we only thought blocking a shot was defense and that being on your strong side was all that was necessary to be a good defender.

I like Green, he was my favorite player till Carlson and Holtby stepped up, but those stats just need context to them.

He provides context. Read the article.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
He provides context. Read the article.

I did, but it makes the data inconclusive. No matter how you spin it, it was made to buff Green up and (while I don't agree he's been nearly as bad as people make him out to seem) you can't conclude he was better then Carlzner through that period because the majority of his data are drafted from completely different team and systems.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
If it helps or hurts his game, I am going to predict it helps. Play to help impress and lure in the next Mrs. Ovechkin.

Vladiator16*

OH boy....here comes sulking Ovechkin back to town for a 30g season! :cry:

Where's this being reported?

I guess Maria wasn't a fan of OV's and Sevastyanova's little vacation...

Karolina-Sevastianova-6.jpg

Here is OV sulking in Saint-Tropez

759537675.jpg

Too bad... I like Maria, but Karolyna is not bad ;-)

Swapped tennis player for a gymnast... could be fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad