News Article: News & Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorace

May 7, 2012
all these blogs now only base their opinion on analytics. great tool, but their is more to the game...

can get kind of tiresome reading pages of charts, percentages, etc. wouldnt mind some opinions or break down on a particular play for example. analytics has almost become a cruch for blog reporting IMO, even though it has a perception of leading the movement.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
While I agree Wilson won't be there...Im certainly intrigued by it (plus it makes sense with the existing RW's when moving Ovie back to LW)

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Wilson
Kuznetsov/Mojo - Mojo/Kuznetsov/Laich - Brouwer
Chimera - Laich/Latta - Ward

Moving Ward up there also makes some sense and slot Wilson with the 3rd line (which is still a promotion)

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I like Ward in a bigger role, but I don't like the idea of breaking up Chimera/Ward

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Brouwer
Chimera-Kuznetsov-Ward
Laich-Latta-Wilson
Beagle-Brown-Fehr

Nice controlled situation for breaking in Kuznetsov at C and a promotion for Wilson.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
I like Ward in a bigger role, but I don't like the idea of breaking up Chimera/Ward

Chimera-Kuznetsov-Ward
Laich-Latta-Wilson
Beagle-Brown-Fehr

Nice controlled situation for breaking in Kuznetsov at C and a promotion for Wilson.

I could see that being a Trotz type of line-up. Might not be a high scoring offense but it'd be a hard to play against line-up.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

Chimera-Kuznetsov-Ward
Laich-Latta-Wilson
Beagle-Brown-Fehr

put Mojo at 3C and it gets whole lot better.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
put Mojo at 3C and it gets whole lot better.

Seriously. I get it that many are not big Johansson fans around here but the idea that Latta, a borderline NHLer at this point at best, is a better fit at 3C is absurd IMO.

Vladiator16*

While I agree Wilson won't be there...Im certainly intrigued by it (plus it makes sense with the existing RW's when moving Ovie back to LW)

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Wilson
Kuznetsov/Mojo - Mojo/Kuznetsov/Laich - Brouwer
Chimera - Laich/Latta - Ward

Moving Ward up there also makes some sense and slot Wilson with the 3rd line (which is still a promotion)

Just for ***** and giggles, imagine they do it at some point in the season... And it works... My wet dream...

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
The proper HFBoards reaction is any picture that shows him not working out means hes not training hard enough.

As much as I love Ovie, he's clearly leading a rockstar lifestyle. He could dedicate himself to training every offseason and master a new skill, the way a certain other elite forward does every year, but he doesn't. I'm OK with that, but it's a little sad to think that Ovie can/could have been even better than he is if he approached his offseasons differently.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Perhaps american's get bent about 19 because.... it's America and you cannot even drink an ounce of grandpa's ole cough medicine until you are 21.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
How do you know what Ovie is doing the other 22 hours a day he isn't leading a rockstar life? I am not defending him, but are you there?

Whatever he's doing, he's become a significantly worse player at 28 than he was at 24. Meanwhile plenty of players improve dramatically over those years or evolve as their physical skills start to wane.

Whatever he is doing in those 22 hours ain't working.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
How do you know what Ovie is doing the other 22 hours a day he isn't leading a rockstar life? I am not defending him, but are you there?

Since Ovechkin's peak years under BB what has he gotten better at from one year to the next? Anything?

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
My biggest issue with Ovechkin is he barely skates anymore. He doesn't hit much, doesn't really attempt to carry the puck(though deteriorating stick-handling doesn't help), and we all know back-checking was never a forte of his.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I would love to see him back at LW but it needs to be a part of a coordinated attack. I don't want him rushing up into a triple team and fail. But back at LW, he moves his legs. Old Skhool.

The team is just so jack stacked at RW, moving a RW to left is a no brainer and he is a good candidate to move. Defenses will adjust, and Trotz must be ready to do the same.

I really want to see Ward up top. He and Chimera can be split up for the betterment of the team. Trust me, there is a way to split them and not kill our only 50 Corsi ES line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad