News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
We will be as strong or stronger in goal next year than we have been. Dobson is going to slip into the top four with little drama, and his offense will make a difference. The talent of these two new(ish in Dobson's case) are undeniable. I get that the rest of the puzzle does not look great, but neither of these players are lateral moves from last year.
I don't share your rosy outlook based on little more than wishful thinking and one good, but not spectacular, playoff game performance. Dobson will struggle with his defense as all young defensemen do in the NHL and offensively he will probably replace what Toews brought, perhaps a few points more. Our goaltending was fine last year until Pelech got hurt and then the team melted down in front of it. I suspect Sorokin would have been no better behind it then Greiss was. But goaltending and defense are still not really this team's problem and never were, scoring will again be limited putting a lot of pressure on a green, young defenseman and a goalie with no NHL experience (not to mention a probable rookie wing somewhere in the line up). Hopefully they can rise to the challenge but the Islanders can't get by on good defense and goaltending, it has to be exceptional, and it's asking a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: pursuit81

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
5faf0599df5533f595802520_1113-nyi-pred.jpg

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
I’m obviously a fan of this jersey, but I was surprised over 50% was in favor of it.

Attachments

• 01168968-8FA6-4C1E-8C79-A127326A0FA8.png
    01168968-8FA6-4C1E-8C79-A127326A0FA8.png
    340.6 KB · Views: 6

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
I’m obviously a fan of this jersey, but I was surprised over 50% was in favor of it.
I happen to love the fisherman as well and hope it comes back in some capacity, but this is a little misleading.

That’s 50% of the fanbase that’s on Twitter, meaning they’re probably fairly young. Do that same poll with more fans aged 40+ and you’ll likely see very different results.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
"Well you see Matthews is better than Eichel because he puts on a Leafs jersey and not a Sabres one".

-Answer the people behind these rankings would give if they were forced to ingest truth serum.
Would you honestly choose Eichel over Matthews? What is your reasoning? I don’t watch enough of either of them, but if I’m only looking at the numbers, Mathews has the edge.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Would you honestly choose Eichel over Matthews? What is your reasoning? I don’t watch enough of either of them, but if I’m only looking at the numbers, Mathews has the edge.
Jack has the misfortune of playing for the worst NHL organization since Mad Mike's reign of terror on LI. Matthews gets to play for an actual NHL quality team and organization. If you put Jack on just about any other team this past season and he has the season he had he would've carried them into the 24 team playoff easily and probably been at least very close to the legit mark before the season shut down. His coach at BU was 1,000x better than any he has had as a pro (Abysmal, Housley, Kreuger). Our stupid coach pretty much killed poor Jeff Skinner dead by taking him off Jack's line and puting him with putrid garbage like MarJo and noted black hole of suck Jimmy Vesey.

Reactions: eoin92

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I wanted an orange jersey or a fisherman/lighthouse with no teal.

Got neither, but I also don't really care that much. Call them boring or whatever, but just remember that Lou calls the shots here.

Belmont and winning, that's all that matters.

Reactions: JKP

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Honestly don’t really care but our might be the single most boring, least creative reverse retro in the whole league. I like a lot of them, Phoenix Colorado Montreal Anaheim are some of the best ones.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think the numbers should've been orange with white trim. Out of all the horrendous jerseys we've seen over the years, this one is fine. Nothing spectacular but won't go down as as one of the bad ones.

It's better than the Stadium Series, Fishermen, Pumpkin, Black Death, and maybe the Richard Park era (that's right, he gets his own era) jerseys.

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
I think the numbers should've been orange with white trim. Out of all the horrendous jerseys we've seen over the years, this one is fine. Nothing spectacular but won't go down as as one of the bad ones.

It's better than the Stadium Series, Fishermen, Pumpkin, Black Death, and maybe the Richard Park era (that's right, he gets his own era) jerseys.

True. I hate The stadium series and the black Brooklyn nets jersey that we have. Those 2 are hideous. Oh and that orange one from the early 2000s is god awful

Reactions: xECK29x

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

The Richard Park jerseys and the black and grey ones have a special place in jersey hell. As much as I don't like some others, those two are so bad I may not be able to finish my lunch now that I'm thinking about them.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007

Agreed that there is nothing wrong with them. But comparing them to actual third jerseys is irrelevant because unless I’m missing something there’s nothing different about these. They’re basically our regular jerseys with a darker blue. Correct?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Agreed that there is nothing wrong with them. But comparing them to actual third jerseys is irrelevant because unless I’m missing something there’s nothing different about these. They’re basically our regular jerseys with a darker blue. Correct?

The colors are swapped on the stripes.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Not that anyone asked, but since I really like jersey designs I figured I'd give my list from best to worst for each division:

Boston
Florida
Montreal
Ottawa
Detroit
Tampa Bay
Buffalo
Toronto

Washington
Carolina
New Jersey
Islanders
Columbus
Rangers
Penguins
Flyers

Vancouver
Arizona
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Calgary
Vegas
Anaheim
San Jose

Colorado
Minnesota
St. Louis
Chicago
Dallas
Nashville
Winnipeg

I think Colorado has the best, followed by Minnesota, Washington, and New Jersey. They all really hit it out of the park for me and what I was expecting. Arizona's purple is nice and I think the logo but I still can't get on board with the desert border. The Anaheim jersey is still as awful as ever.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Not that anyone asked, but since I really like jersey designs I figured I'd give my list from best to worst for each division:

Boston
Florida
Montreal
Ottawa
Detroit
Tampa Bay
Buffalo
Toronto

Washington
Carolina
New Jersey
Islanders
Columbus
Rangers
Penguins
Flyers

Vancouver
Arizona
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Calgary
Vegas
Anaheim
San Jose

Colorado
Minnesota
St. Louis
Chicago
Dallas
Nashville
Winnipeg

I think Colorado has the best, followed by Minnesota, Washington, and New Jersey. They all really hit it out of the park for me and what I was expecting. Arizona's purple is nice and I think the logo but I still can't get on board with the desert border. The Anaheim jersey is still as awful as ever.

I mostly agree with you but i hate the VAN gradient (all gradient jerseys for that matter), love LAK and think the DET ones suck.

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
After all the stupid reverse retro talk, here is basically our 97-08 jersey:

whole thread:

Don't hate it, don't love it but i think its simple and clean. Would've been nice to maybe get a light house shoulder patch or something within the fisherman era shown on it

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I would have like to have seen a true reverse of the colors and had an orange jersey. But thats just me.
Yep, all they had to do was stick with the theme, no need to go fishsticks although it would have been interesting. Anyway, this has Lou's fingerprints all over it, I can't see any other reason they would be so boring with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad