News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Lee, Eberle, Beauvillier and Bailey?
If Eberle continues to play the way he has for us to date is he a top 6 winger or do you move him down to the third line and give Wahlstrom a shot? I don't know if that will happen but there has been plenty written about it here and if Ebs remains inconsistent I wouldn't mind seeing that change made if the kid has an ok camp. In fact I'd prefer it. I'm pretty sick of watching that line waste a lot of Barzy's talent. In any event, the original post was about how much experience matters and we're going to be putting players out there in key positions with very little to none.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If Eberle continues to play the way he has for us to date is he a top 6 winger or do you move him down to the third line and give Wahlstrom a shot? I don't know if that will happen but there has been plenty written about it here and if Ebs remains inconsistent I wouldn't mind seeing that change made if the kid has an ok camp. In fact I'd prefer it. I'm pretty sick of watching that line waste a lot of Barzy's talent. In any event, the original post was about how much experience matters and we're going to be putting players out there in key positions with very little to none.
I think the point is that if Wahlstrom plays in the NHL this year it will be on JGP's wing on the 3rd line, not in the top 6.

Reactions: IslesCLT

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I think the point is that if Wahlstrom plays in the NHL this year it will be on JGP's wing on the 3rd line, not in the top 6.
Well, we're getting far afield from the original point which, as I mentioned, was about experience relative to the Rags and regardless of where he ends up, he doesn't have much. Any really. As for my wishful thinking about Ebs being moved down and Wahly up, a man can dream can't he? And, I really am sick of watching Ebs on that line.

Last edited:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Well, we're getting far afield from the original point which, as I mentioned, was about experience relative to the Rags and regardless of where he ends up, he doesn't have much. Any really. As for my wishful thinking about Ebs being moved down and Wahly up, a man can dream can't he? And, I really am sick of watching Ebs on that line.
Yeah, I would not complain if Wahlstrom stepped up at all. Barzal is great and I think Lee can be an effective net-front/garbage man type. The key is to get a dangerous shooter in there.

Reactions: buud

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY

Every team is getting a Reverse Retro jersey this season. Could this be the one the Isles are getting in terms of color scheme?

Attachments

• 20201110_132045.jpg
    20201110_132045.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 4

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Every team is getting a Reverse Retro jersey this season. Could this be the one the Isles are getting in terms of color scheme?

The only jerseys to have orange in them are the 79, 80, and 95. The 95 one looks like it'd be a Flyers thing, so that leaves the 79 or 80 one for us. However, '95 is when the Islanders introduced the Fisherman jersey and the Flyers jersey from that year looks pretty much the same as the others.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
The only jerseys to have orange in them are the 79, 80, and 95. The 95 one looks like it'd be a Flyers thing, so that leaves the 79 or 80 one for us. However, '95 is when the Islanders introduced the Fisherman jersey and the Flyers jersey from that year looks pretty much the same as the others.

80 is ours.

Reactions: SRBisles

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
A few have been leaked/heavily rumored: Kings, Pens, Flyers, Vegas, Bruins, Ducks... I think that's it? Not sure what the Isles would do here but the navy reminds me more of the jerseys from 20 years ago as opposed to the ones from 40 years ago.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

If Wahlstrom, of his own accord, can find a way to make himself so relevant that he pushes Eberle down the totem pole and his way into top 6 duty, that would be FANTASTIC for the franchise.

The best way he can do that is to score. A lot. And relentlessly. Starting with now in the Allsvenskan (where he's currently injured) and likely later on with BPort.

In any functioning organization, which ours now is, his only way onto the team and then up through the lines is to outplay those ahead of him in the pecking order.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
If Wahlstrom, of his own accord, can find a way to make himself so relevant that he pushes Eberle down the totem pole and his way into top 6 duty, that would be FANTASTIC for the franchise.

The best way he can do that is to score. A lot. And relentlessly. Starting with now in the Allsvenskan (where he's currently injured) and likely later on with BPort.

In any functioning organization, which ours now is, his only way onto the team and then up through the lines is to outplay those ahead of him in the pecking order.
i'm starting to have real confidence in our development system, since LL&BT arrived. before that, not so much. such a weird feeling, after almost 30 years of impotency.

not saying that we have top prospects, just feeling that they are much more likely to be brought along properly.

Reactions: danteipp and MJF

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Turned on NHL Network radio for the drive home.

Boomer of Boomer and Hahn is talking about what a great goalie Demko is. He goes on to say that he had a great playoff run but we can't expect him to keep putting up Ilya Sorokin numbers.

:DD

Reactions: buud

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Right, and we're going into the season with a 1b goalie who's never played in the NHL, a still bone thin, greener than a rainforest, 21 year old defenseman that people such as yourself expect to be top 4
We will be as strong or stronger in goal next year than we have been. Dobson is going to slip into the top four with little drama, and his offense will make a difference. The talent of these two new(ish in Dobson's case) are undeniable. I get that the rest of the puzzle does not look great, but neither of these players are lateral moves from last year.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
So this is a teaser for what looks to be a very boring “remix”, unless they’re doing something weird with the logo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad