News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
And yeah, @Lek I'm not sure sure what the heck Tampa is going to do now. The GM is going to have to shift gears really quickly here to get them ready for next season.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
And yeah, @Lek I'm not sure sure what the heck Tampa is going to do now. The GM is going to have to shift gears really quickly here to get them ready for next season.
They did what they had to do. Probably trade Killorn for sure. Johnson if they can.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
They did what they had to do. Probably trade Killorn for sure. Johnson if they can.

Has there been any hint of him waiving his NTC? It turns into a M-NTC next season so I'm not sure he'd put up much of a fight in being moved at this point but I'm just curious.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Has there been any hint of him waiving his NTC? It turns into a M-NTC next season so I'm not sure he'd put up much of a fight in being moved at this point but I'm just curious.
I don't know, I'd imagine not but Tampa will have to work around it.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
One could argue that it was not hard if they only made it 12 teams over 6 weeks or something to ‘just to do it.’ However, the NHL brought in 24 teams and all had the same starting point and conditions.

PS - TB did travel...once, from bubble to bubble.

Reactions: MJF

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
all the teams battled the same conditions, and the cream rose to the top.

and the cream was no where near Leafland. old Coxhead must be one really sore loser. or he's just a loser.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
In a world with photoshop this could be bad for Stamkos

upload_2020-9-29_13-10-56.jpeg

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I wonder if the leafs won would he have tweeted this?

From what I've heard, a lot of the players woud have preferred to get out of the bubble, even just to travel.

More games, tighter schedule including back-to-back, and isolation: harder than usual, unless your team was eliminated early and you need an excuse.

Reactions: danteipp

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
From what I've heard, a lot of the players woud have preferred to get out of the bubble, even just to travel.

More games, tighter schedule including back-to-back, and isolation: harder than usual, unless your team was eliminated early and you need an excuse.

I don't know if it was the same or harder, it was definitely different. To say it was easier is nutty.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
One could argue that it was not hard if they only made it 12 teams over 6 weeks or something to ‘just to do it.’ However, the NHL brought in 24 teams and all had the same starting point and conditions.

PS - TB did travel...once, from bubble to bubble.
So did we. And got screwed over for Game 1. Same as we did in the 1993 semi finals.

Reactions: danteipp

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Greg Wynzski (whatever his name is) just stated in response to a question by Boomer on XM that the Islanders have never used analytics...

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I don't know if it was the same or harder, it was definitely different. To say it was easier it nutty.

Agreed, it is very tough to quantify all of the changes since the format set up different obstacles to overcome.

If I had to speculate, the tournament was probably far more mentally draining (from constant safety precautions and confinement to being away from family for many) with a bit less physical hardship to deal with (without the travel and some extra downtime).

From there, the extra "rest" was probably beneficial to the older players and their ability to recuperate and play through nagging injuries, while the younger guys (especially those without families) probably handled the seclusion better and might have been more mentally sharp and focused.

The one constant though is that it was not easy by any means and, anyone who says that, is a moron.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
The Bills Podcast thought it would be a good idea to send out a tweet asking for fans to submit questions for Kim Pegula to answer. It's gone about as well as you would expect:

Lol, that is awesome. Hopefully they don't let people hunt Sabretooth for sport or anything.

I am really worried about what the Sabres are going to do the next couple seasons. Of all of the teams out there, they seem like one of the top contenders to help the Raggies get to the next step.

They should produce a reality show of evil/checked-out-of-reality owners with Kim Pegula, Jeff "Fredo" Wilpon, James "Jazz" Dolan, Lil' Danny Snyder, Jerry Reisendorf, Jim Haslam, etc.

Put them all on an island and let them battle it out, Lord of the Flies style. It would probably draw more viewers than the Super Bowl.

Reactions: sabremike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad