News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
In the latest Down goes Brown segment at The Athletic, I found this to be an "interesting" take with respect to the Capitals:

<<<
But their strangest story was: The departure of Barry Trotz, who exercised a contract clause none of us knew he had to hit free agency and eventually make his way to the Islanders. You have to figure that didn’t exactly break Brian MacLellan’s heart, given that he’s had Todd Reirden pencilled into the job forever. But it was still pretty weird.

Bizarro-meter ranking: 5.8/10. What do Capitals players think about Trotz leaving? Honestly, given how most of them spent their summer, I doubt any of them know about it yet.
<<<

Source:
Down Goes Brown: The Bizarro-meter evaluates the offseason...

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
When the Leafs visit Philly Gritty is going to eat pajama boy and make me love him even more than I already do!

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Shea Theodore just signed a long term deal worth $5.2m AAV. Seems like a reasonable comparable for Pulock - I'm guessing it would have taken somewhere in that neighborhood to get him to commit long term. Possibly a bit less.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here

crasherino

May 9, 2013
This Kyle Okposo story is something else. Imagine undergoing a fundamental and permanent personality change like this through trauma.. Just crazy. The article is unbelievable, and yet brings up more questions than it answers.

Back from the abyss: Kyle Okposo opens up about the darkest...
After reading that story, I just wanted to give him a hug. We heard of something going on, but we had no idea what the reality was.

I hope everything works out for him - he always seemed like a real good guy.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
NYsles was the best. Sparky is more embarrassing than the SUV in the corner. A cross promotion from a defunct arena football team that hasn't played in 10 years.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The Isles should claim Zack Smith. You can never have too many Andrew Ladds.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
NYsles was the best. Sparky is more embarrassing than the SUV in the corner. A cross promotion from a defunct arena football team that hasn't played in 10 years.

I remember one night a huge "kill the mascot" chant started and I believe that was the final straw for NYsles. He disappeared into the depths of the coliseum never to return.

Reactions: Strummergas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad