News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
And no one remembers that except for us idiot die-hards. Sparky is his own thing now. He's All For Islanders.

I still remember that time I was at a game vs the rags where a couple of their fans went after Sparky. Sparky used his dragon's breath to immolate them in a vicious hellfire and then peed on their smouldering ashes. It was amazing!!!

Reactions: Strummergas

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Anyone remember this guy?

Someone reminded me that I posted this a few years back when someone wanted to bring back NYIsles.

So much to hate in this video. Watch for Howie's hot take on a new Isles arena, Flatleys "Please get me out of here" look, and the huge round of boos Muller gets...

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

Someone reminded me that I posted this a few years back when someone wanted to bring back NYIsles.

So much to hate in this video. Watch for Howie's hot take on a new Isles arena, Flatleys "Please get me out of here" look, and the huge round of boos Muller gets...

Ugh... I was at that game. They played the Flyers I believe and lost 2-0 and didn't have a chance in hell. Just a terrible home opener. Torrential downpour after the game got us all soaked. Then a horrible drive home.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

How anyone can feel nostalgic for this era of Islanders hockey is beyond me. If you were a teenager or older in the mid-late 90s, you want this period of the team completely erased from the history books. The darkness of the Wang era has nothing on those days. NOTHING.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Ugh... I was at that game. They played the Flyers I believe and lost 2-0 and didn't have a chance in hell. Just a terrible home opener. Torrential downpour after the game got us all soaked. Then a horrible drive home.

Yep, me too. It sucked from top to bottom. The jersey change, Nyisles, the figure skaters, Kirk Muller, and of course, the result. I had forgotten about the weather that day; a harbinger for the next 6 years.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

Viewing this is like some guy whose ex-wife took him to the cleaners and then years later he watches video of their wedding.

Reactions: crasherino

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

I vividly remember that "flyover" past Montauk lighthouse and by the south shore, thinking it was so cool.

Now that I'm not 5-6 years old, not so much...

Reactions: bigtim1988

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
How anyone can feel nostalgic for this era of Islanders hockey is beyond me. If you were a teenager or older in the mid-late 90s, you want this period of the team completely erased from the history books. The darkness of the Wang era has nothing on those days. NOTHING.

14 year old me was miserable and being at that game sucked. The Muller boos were louder than they came across on tv. Players were embarrassed to be seen in those jerseys.

Totally forgot about the downpour.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
14 year old me was miserable and being at that game sucked. The Muller boos were louder than they came across on tv. Players were embarrassed to be seen in those jerseys.

Totally forgot about the downpour.

And the boos for the figure skaters was almost equally out loud. That f***ing ownership group didn't know their fanbase even a little bit.

Reactions: bigtim1988

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

The positive note was there were no beer or pee lines in the 90s with 2000 fans there. That part was awesome

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I find it funny how those leaf clowns, um I mean fans think that they don't need Nylander and that Ennis can step up. They are going to score a ton of goals with crap on Mathews wings, crap on Kadri's wings, and Marner with the scumbag.

Overhyped team that will get blasted again by the Bruins in the playoffs.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I find it funny how those leaf clowns, um I mean fans think that they don't need Nylander and that Ennis can step up. They are going to score a ton of goals with crap on Mathews wings, crap on Kadri's wings, and Marner with the *******.

Looking forward to it! :popcorn:

Reactions: Quicklime

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I find it funny how those leaf clowns, um I mean fans think that they don't need Nylander and that Ennis can step up. They are going to score a ton of goals with crap on Mathews wings, crap on Kadri's wings, and Marner with the *******.

Speaking of clowns. There was a thread created on the Main Board that asked is the Leafs PP the best PP ever during last night's preseason game. Incredible. Well atleast Tray-Toor didn't score. There should be panic in the streets now! lol

Reactions: Quicklime

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Speaking of clowns. There was a thread created on the Main Board that asked is the Leafs PP the best PP ever during last night's preseason game. Incredible. Well atleast Tray-Toor didn't score. There should be panic in the streets now! lol

I would rather him light up the preseason only to slump once the regular season hits just to screw with those moron fans.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Forwards is not a problem for the leafs Nylander or not. Their defense will be the team achiles heel

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Total disaster Montreal held them to a 2-2 tie until they self-destructed on their own pp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad