News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Sucks - I wanted the Isles to get Hanifin and/or Lindholm.

I wanted Hanifin. I thought Carolina's owner's comments about getting bigger,playing tougher, would make Lee appealing to the Canes.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Whoah, Duclair and Jurco not qualified. Amazes me how talent in this league can seem to fall off a cliff. Just goes to show you it's too competitive of a league to just be talented, you need work ethic to go hand and hand. Are you reading this JHS?

Reactions: dood and beach

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Our old buddy JF Berube on the move again. To CBJ for Jordan Schroeder. 4 teams in 12 months but was worth keeping around and doing the 3 goalie thing. #SnowLogic

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Got the knives out in Calgary?
Where was this published complaint that Freddie was a waste of roster space last season or the season before?

I found this article after somebody said that the Calgary press was really hard on Hamilton. Seems to be a high maintenance type of guy. I know the press can be brutal though. I just didn't know that his brother was on the team at some point. The fact that he wanted out of Boston, now shipped off from Calgary. I also remember he struggled in Calgary when he first arrived. I wonder if he did better once his brother was brought in.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I found this article after somebody said that the Calgary press was really hard on Hamilton. Seems to be a high maintenance type of guy. I know the press can be brutal though. I just didn't know that his brother was on the team at some point. The fact that he wanted out of Boston, now shipped off from Calgary. I also remember he struggled in Calgary when he first arrived. I wonder if he did better once his brother was brought in.
I would have more respect for the reporter if he raised these issues 1-2 seasons ago.
Now it looks like he is helping Calgary management, make excuses for a trade that has gotten mixed reactions from the Flames fanbase.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I would have more respect for the reporter if he raised these issues 1-2 seasons ago.
Now it looks like he is helping Calgary management, make excuses for a trade that has gotten mixed reactions from the Flames fanbase.

Well the article was from January. The article was more about Hamilton's relationship with the team and teammates back from January. Pretty much everybody knew his brother was signed and a healthy scratch every night because he really had no business being in the NHL to begin with and was only there because his little brother got him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad