News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011

Can we trade for Tyler Myers? The 2009 ROTY winner

Is that Tavares or a crash test dummy? Good thing he went down like a house of cards because Byfuglien who threw down Hyman like a baby was about to light up Tavares.

Good thing Toronto traded Matt Martin, they can handle themselves without him.

Last edited:

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Not sure if this is it. Pretty amazing though. I could actually listen to Leafs media if they keep talking like this.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/o-dog-tavares-isn-t-getting-paid-to-be-a-chip-in-guy~1527577
Beautiful

The more and more this goes on I find that this was the second best thing that could have happened to the Islanders. Maybe not this year, next year or the next, but beyond that when he loses a step? Considering he’s already not terribly quick he’s going to be in trouble.

He still screwed over the franchise with his crocodile tears and requests not to be traded though.

Reactions: bigtim1988 and SI90

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
That video makes me think Toronto should change their name from The Maple Leafs to The Punching Bags.

Reactions: SI90

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Is that Tavares or a crash test dummy? Good thing he went down like a house of cards because Byfuglien who threw down 11 like a baby was about to light up Tavares.

You don't mess with Big Buff.

Reactions: mm11 and SI90

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Is that Tavares or a crash test dummy? Good thing he went down like a house of cards because Byfuglien who threw down Hyman like a baby was about to light up Tavares.

Hainsey has their backs.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Beautiful

The more and more this goes on I find that this was the second best thing that could have happened to the Islanders. Maybe not this year, next year or the next, but beyond that when he loses a step? Considering he’s already not terribly quick he’s going to be in trouble.

He still screwed over the franchise with his crocodile tears and requests not to be traded though.
He's the Leafs problem now.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
You don't mess with Big Buff.
He may be my favorite non-Islander. Guy just doesn’t give a single shit about anything.

BUFF5.png

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Beautiful

I think his style of play will age well honestly. He doesn't rely on his wheels (at all) so losing a step as he gets older will not be an issue. He'll still be a great passer, win battles along the boards and have a knack for creating space down low to get scoring opportunities. I think he'll be a 60-70 point player well into his 30's.

Reactions: dood

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Not sure if this is it. Pretty amazing though. I could actually listen to Leafs media if they keep talking like this.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/o-dog-tavares-isn-t-getting-paid-to-be-a-chip-in-guy~1527577

I LOVE THIS! Hopefully, that P.O.S. shrivels up and gets bitter under the constant spotlight of that insane Toronto media. Can't wait to see what they have to say in a few years, when his already slow game gets even slower and they're still into him for $11 mil per for years to go!

ps-was just over on the Leafs board. Apparently some of the posters over there are already starting to question his game as well. LOVE IT!

Last edited:
Reactions: bigtim1988
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad