Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Minnesota Wild - February 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't think they are lying to us but i don't think they should be selling someone like zucc or mcdonagh for 50 cents on the dollar.
If teams offer a decent prospect and first for mcdonagh is that enough? i wouldn't take it.
Don't get me wrong i'm with you on trading our UFA's and possibly our RFA's if the deal is right.
I also want to keep somewhat of a winning culture here and continue to see these kids do well and get a taste of winning.

There are plenty of seasons ahead of them to do that.

Getting molly whopped by Tampa or who ever wins the Metro isn't exactly going to provide much of what you're hoping for.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I mean, if Staal was making a million a year and had a different name, no one would really be complaining too much. It's just that he is overpaid and we remember how much better he used to be.

As a 3rd pairing guy and penalty killer, if he can keep doing what he's done this year, he's fine. Obviously I'd rather have a guy doing that on the cheap like Hodlen, but its unlikely we can move his contract.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So who will be moved first Ryan Mc near the deadline?
I think its Definitely Nash. I'm hoping with all my might somehow its Tolvanen. Love him and if it miraculously happens we could have 2 of the best progressing/surprising players in that 2017 draft this year. If not him then please fabbro.
Most likely it will be a lesser prospect and a first.
The rest may go closer to the deadline

Reactions: Ori

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
There are plenty of seasons ahead of them to do that.

Getting molly whopped by Tampa or who ever wins the Metro isn't exactly going to provide much of what you're hoping for.
Unless we somehow slide into that first wildcard and take out the Caps in 7 ;)
And looking at the two wildcards they sure look good with all their loser points getting them those spots.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I like them both for sure Fabbro & Tolvanen, but not sure if Nash is enough though.

Reactions: bl02

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I dont get emotional about many non NYR related things in hockey but seeing how well Eric Staal has looked the last 2 seasons really pisses me off.

Talk about a missed opportunity/ripoff trade. Guy looks like a washed up goober here with a helmet 3 sizes too big and can't skate, now he's outscoring our whole roster 2 years running.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don't think they are lying to us but i don't think they should be selling someone like zucc or mcdonagh for 50 cents on the dollar.
If teams offer a decent prospect and first for mcdonagh is that enough? i wouldn't take it.
Don't get me wrong i'm with you on trading our UFA's and possibly our RFA's if the deal is right.
I also want to keep somewhat of a winning culture here and continue to see these kids do well and get a taste of winning.

If we find the right deals and make them, I honestly don’t think we have to go the complete blow-up path.

I think we have some components that could stick around - but I don’t think the Rangers view McD, Nash, Grabner and possibly Zucc as those guys.

In the case of Zucc, I’m wondering if there’s at least some concern that the value could decline rapidly if they don’t move him sooner rather than later.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I mean, if Staal was making a million a year and had a different name, no one would really be complaining too much. It's just that he is overpaid and we remember how much better he used to be.

As a 3rd pairing guy and penalty killer, if he can keep doing what he's done this year, he's fine. Obviously I'd rather have a guy doing that on the cheap like Hodlen, but its unlikely we can move his contract.
Fair enough. He just looks so slow in todays game.

Reactions: Ola

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I dont get emotional about many non NYR related things in hockey but seeing how well Eric Staal has looked the last 2 seasons really pisses me off.

Talk about a missed opportunity/ripoff trade. Guy looks like a washed up goober here with a helmet 3 sizes too big and can't skate, now he's outscoring our whole roster 2 years running.

Right system, right fit and not the kind of odds most of us would want to take.

Probably not all that dissimilar from Grabner. Right system, right fit, but maybe doesn’t happen most other places.

Reactions: eco's bones

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Tonight at some points he looked like he did when he lead the canes to a cup. I think hopefully its a lesson learned we need to stop trading for guys like that at the deadline.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I like them both for sure Fabbro & Tolvanen, but not sure if Nash is enough though.
Probably not but maybe Fabbro is someone they could trade since they are pretty stacked on the D??
Would be nice. would also be decent to get a first and lesser prospect from him.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Tonight at some points he looked like he did when he lead the canes to a cup. I think hopefully its a lesson learned we need to stop trading for guys like that at the deadline.

Thinking on our deadline guys

Clowe, Staal, McCabe, Ozolinch, Jokinen, Sheppard, have to be considered abject failures.

Antropov, Morris, Backman, and Smith were relative successes for their rental seasons.

Thats a pretty bad turnout for all those picks spent (Not even going to tally them up)

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

This makes it all twice as irritating for me.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, it has been a topic for a while, but it`s hard to predict based on all the injuries over his career.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Thinking on our deadline guys

Clowe, Staal, McCabe, Ozolinch, Jokinen, Sheppard, have to be considered abject failures.

Antropov, Morris, Backman, and Smith were relative successes for their rental seasons.

Thats a pretty bad turnout for all those picks spent (Not even going to tally them up)

I thought Sheppard did pretty well considering he was brought in as a 4th liner.

Wasn't his fault that AV felt like Glass was a better option.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I thought Sheppard did pretty well considering he was brought in as a 4th liner.

Wasn't his fault that AV felt like Glass was a better option.

agreed i liked Sheppard. Never was given decent chance. kind of like Stempniak but maybe lesser degree because stempniak could score goals.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yes, it has been a topic for a while, but it`s hard to predict based on all the injuries over his career.

I think Staal stays. He’ll be overpaid, but if he can at least keep his head mostly above water on the third pair, and be a vet on a younger team, I think they tough it out.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think Staal stays. He’ll be overpaid, but if he can at least keep his head mostly above water on the third pair, and be a vet on a younger team, I think they tough it out.
Yeah its either he retires or he's on the third pairing. Highly unlikely they buy him out.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

AV completely misused him.

Staal also clearly needed to adjust to leaving Carolina. Joe M was saying tonight that Staal committed himself to getting into the best shape of his life when he signed with Minny and he clearly also cleared his head and got to a good place mentally and revitalized his career.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad