Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Minnesota Wild - February 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Really was hoping they pulled out a point here. The group that played after the first 4 minutes deserved it.

That was maybe the best effort in the 2nd period i have seen all season. Relentless play via constantly moving the legs, skating, and working hard.

Maybe the light bulb finally went off in AVs head. He finally showed some emotion and the group responded. WHERE THE **** HAS THAT BEEN??? Like ever..

Too many seasons behind the bench - we need something new to fire up this young roster next season, but AV coached well and took a good timeout when we were behind 3-0.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yep i will be happy when we miss the playoffs by 2 or 3 points just to get the 15th pick or whatever. Book it
and i would be all for trading zibby to arizona for their pick. They wouldn't of course.Without Kreider he just sucks ES

In a post- McD, Nash, Grabner, etc. world, that probably doesn’t happen.

Despite the declaration that the team is going a different direction, the truth is that the roster isn’t there...yet.

That decision came not because we were the worst team in the league, but because we were in the lower middle section. Technically, we are still one of those teams.

The tougher times are most likely after we move some of those guys who currently make us just good enough miss the playoffs by a few points.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
Unfortunately we didn't manage to compensate for a bad start of the game. And didn't manage to make lots of chances or shots at the end.

Reactions: bl02

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
WHy is this a good result? so we miss the playoffs by a few points and get the 15th or 16th pick instead of the 18th or 19th or 20th?

If the season ended today they'd be picking 10th.

After the sell off and the schedule they have in March (take a look, its brutal) its very unlikely that they jump 5 teams in the standings.

It's likely that they fall a few spots.

The difference between 6-8 and 14-15 is pretty big.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
WHy is this a good result? so we miss the playoffs by a few points and get the 15th or 16th pick instead of the 18th or 19th or 20th?

Losing sucks. But we're 2 points closer to a better draft position. And the team didn't get blown out. And they showed a lot of character coming back from 3-zip. Lots of positives.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

After the sell off and the schedule they have in March (take a look, its brutal) its very unlikely that they jump 5 teams in the standings.

Thank you.

Your post was a nice break from people trying to be the funny, cool kid in class who has the best one liners.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
ADA was our best defenseman IMO and it wasn't even close. He showed off why he could be such an important piece. For all his deficiencies defensively, the way he skates and passes the puck is so refreshing to watch.
I'll go as far as saying Ada has been the rangers best skater since he's been called up...he's been reallllllllly good...and it's not just creating offense..it's defending...he's constantly defending odd man rushes because his partners keep screwing up..but he's back there to at least try to bail em out...

He's been absolutely phenomenal.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It’s a shame they couldn’t have played the full 60 how they played in the second and third. Happy with their effort in the second two periods.

Nice to see AV run Skjei-Pionk and Gilmour-TDA in the third.

I really like DeAngelo. The more comfortable he gets and more confident he plays the better he is. He nearly beat Dubnyk with that chance in the third, just didn’t get the lucky bounce when his shot went through Dubnyk.

Wish they could’ve pulled out at least a point. You really notice the lack of two top 6 forwards in a Kreider and Buchnevich when they’re trying to push late and can’t generate much.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Tony D continues to look promising.

I barely noticed Miller.

Hayes shooting (and scoring) on a 3 on 1 may have been more shocking than even that time on a breakaway where he didn't even attempt to shoot and skated past the goalie looking for a pass.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
These are the kind of games I'm hoping to see over the next year and a half or so.

Games where we lose, but we show character and development.

Pionk and DeAngelo look really good. Pionl in particular has this sense of poise. His presence on the ice is very noticeable, IMO.

Gilmour has looked like a very solid 6/7. Good organizational depth.

Reactions: Ori and trilobyte

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Let’s take a finger off the trigger here guys.

Don’t see this roster climbing above 5 or 6 teams, let alone 9 or 10, even with Kreider back.

Saying nothing about potential deadline deals.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

How is we can't make up 3 or 4 points against teams ahead of us but we will fall more than that?
I'm not scared of teams like the Jackets, Islanders, Devils and canes. But hey if you guys wanna miss the playoffs to get a pick 5 or 6 spots higher awesome. I just don't understand the mentality especially when we just picked someone at 21 who could very well be better and more dangerous than the guy we picked at 7. and trust me in reality land it won't be a difference of 14 spots.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
ADA is probably the most physically gifted defenseman we’ve had in years..

Nothing on mcdonagh or skjei or yandle.

But ADA can skate with the best of them and his puck handling/passing/shooting are top notch.

You all know how excited I am about this young mans development

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
yeah, DeAngelo was close, but not happy about part of Zib game. And he can`t win a faceoffs if his life depends on it. Zucc has 50 face off %, Zib 36%, and that is just faceoffs, not a gr8 game.

Hayes was the best Rangers tonight, just unfortunate we could not tie it.

DeAngelo, Gilmour & Pionk with strong games too.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Let’s take a finger off the trigger here guys.

Don’t see this roster climbing above 5 or 6 teams, let alone 9 or 10, even with Kreider back.

Saying nothing about potential deadline deals.
who are these 5 or 6 teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad