Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Minnesota Wild - February 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I get that you're on the "AV did nothing wrong...ish" bandwagon but I don't understand why you're pretending like you don't even understand the other argument. Why play dumb instead of disagreeing?

Are people really hoping for 15th OA? What I read it's more like the 8-12 range.

Not to mention...we're at 10 now, like others pointed out, where on Earth are you pulling 18th OA and 15th OA from? Your argument here is just very poor.

Let's say we WERE actually at 15OA right now.

The better the pick value we can get this year, the better our chances are of landing a top player or trading up in the draft for one.

If we want to trade up at some point, the 9th OA is a better bargaining chip than 18th.

If we sell and Montreal gets hot with price or Edm gets hot with McD. Florida, Detroit and Chicago are neck and neck with us. It's not hard to imagine the NYR picking 5 OA. It's actually pretty darn viable.

So get in the POs and get stomped in 1 round...? Or the 5 OA pick with a bunch of other picks and prospects obtained from trades...?It's not even remotely debatable if your goal is to start building a team that will start to blossom in a season or two from now.

What does my post have anything with the head coach??? You're off base there.
I'm totally fine with revamping this entire coaching staff except the Benoit. Totally fine with trading our UFA's and RFA's (if we get over fair value for them).
How am I playing dumb? How is hoping your team loses every game actually gonna make them lose every game? I would rather root for them like i do every game and see some of the new guys actually develop and play well.
All i'm saying is i can not watch every game hoping my team loses when they are a few points out of a playoff spot. If this team was in arizona or buffalo's spot then of course it would be different. All hope is lost.
Best case scenario is those teams below us start winning somehow consistently and as long as we play well and see guys like Pionk, ADA, Gilmour and Skjei play well thats fine with me.

I hope we get a ton of draft picks and guys like fabbro or tolvanen added to this team for the future but until these trades happen then i will believe it. For all we know we could have Shattenkirk, Buch and Kreider back on this team in 2 weeks and guys like Mcdonagh, Zucc and Grabner going nowhere/still on the team.That for sure will put us more closer to the playoffs than towards a top 5 pick.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I’ll take a less than 5% chance at a 1st overall versus watching a garbage team struggle to win a playoff round let alone the ‘Cup. I love playoff hockey but when the team is bad it’s just not fun.
So if it comes to the last game April 7 in Philadelphia and the Rangers are a win out of getting either the first or second wild card you will be rooting for them to lose?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
So if it comes to the last game April 7 in Philadelphia and the Rangers are a win out of getting either the first or second wild card you will be rooting for them to lose?
I would be rooting for a shootout.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
1st goal.....Holden had a severe brain spasm, waiting, waiting.
2nd goal.....well, just seemed Nasher wanted to score on Hank.
3rd goal.....Brady fumbled and bumbled while Pionk was a bystander. Probably could've done something better than he did......just a little bump on a player, should've went after puck.

So you agree?

2nd goal, I blame Hank....no paddle down on the ice when the puck is 2 feet away? Brainfart on his part.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
They need to move our UFA's quickly. Every game and every shift that comes with them still on the roster is another chance for them to get injured, and we get zero for them. If I'm Gorton/Sather, I'd chain Nash in a hotel room and surround him with cotton balls. Why risk an injury/any possibility of a trade?

Reactions: bl02

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Yes, and I don't give a f*** if you think that makes me whatever kind of lesser fan you think I am for it. I hope they lose every game for the rest of the season. This team blows and I don't even like a good portion of the roster. Also f*** AV.

Edit: If by some miracle for some stupid reason they do make it into the post season I will want them to win obviously because they're no longer in the running for the 1st OA.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
What does my post have anything with the head coach??? You're off base there.
I'm totally fine with revamping this entire coaching staff except the Benoit. Totally fine with trading our UFA's and RFA's (if we get over fair value for them).

Right off the bat you're being dishonest or playing dumb AGAIN so I'm immediately inclined to avoid the rest of your response. But I tell myself to be fair, give it a shot and then I see you doing it again?

How am I playing dumb?

Nvm the fact that multiple people clearly explained the answer to that second question...So maybe the rest of your comment was perfectly fair, but I got turned off reading it. As for what you're asking in what i quoted...You have a contrarian, excuse making pattern where you often make posts that clash a bit with reality as long as it serves to go against the AV hate train. Your previous post about "18OA" fits right into this pattern of excuse making and clashing with reality.So while that's nice that you're ok with a coaching change, it doesn't make me forget that you frequently make those contrarian posts.

In other words, I frequently disagree with you and find that your posts are guilty of the high HIGH crime of having to reach a bit too far a bit too often for me which led to my last response

Last edited:

Deleted member 23124

I just mean bc the D kids look so good. But I also have serious doubts about Ruff
Obviously, you're assuming Ruff has a say in what goes on. Kids look good because (a) they're taught basic Hockey 101 and (b) AV has not drilled his system into them.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
I'll be so f***ing disappointed if Edmonton Arizona Buffalo or Ottawa get Dahlin. But chances are one of those teams will and my money is on Edmonton again.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yes, and I don't give a **** if you think that makes me whatever kind of lesser fan you think I am for it. I hope they lose every game for the rest of the season. This team blows and I don't even like a good portion of the roster. Also **** AV.

Edit: If by some miracle for some stupid reason they do make it into the post season I will want them to win obviously because they're no longer in the running for the 1st OA.

Whoa relax i wasn't implying anything i was just asking you out of curiosity. Doesn't make you less of a fan.
Isn't that what we are here for? to discuss things.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Right off the bat you're being dishonest or playing dumb AGAIN so I'm immediately inclined to avoid the rest of your response. But I tell myself to be fair, give it a shot and then I see you doing it again?

Glad you're a mind reader and know what I'm thinking. How am I being dishonest? accusing someone of that is some real Bullshit.
You have no idea of what you're talking about

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Nvm the fact that multiple people clearly explained the answer to that second question...So maybe the rest of your comment was perfectly fair, but I got turned off reading it. As for what you're asking in what i quoted...You have a contrarian, excuse making pattern where you often make posts that clash a bit with reality as long as it serves to go against the AV hate train. Your previous post about "18OA" fits right into this pattern of excuse making and clashing with reality.So while that's nice that you're ok with a coaching change, it doesn't make me forget that you frequently make those contrarian posts.

In other words, I frequently disagree with you and find that your posts are guilty of the high HIGH crime of having to reach a bit too far a bit too often for me which led to my last response

The AV hate train...lol. I guess we all have to be on the AV hate train full force no matter what right??
There's no middle road?! I've criticized him and the coaches plenty but you read what you want to read. Anyway, there's no point in having a conversation with someone who is a mind reader.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'll be so ****ing disappointed if Edmonton Arizona Buffalo or Ottawa get Dahlin. But chances are one of those teams will and my money is on Edmonton again.
I can see edmonton getting him again. Some cruel world . That would be what 5 or 6 first pick first rounders since 2010?

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
I can see edmonton getting him again. Some cruel world . That would be what 5 or 6 first pick first rounders since 2010?
Five I believe but two other picks in the top 5.... Yeah that would be something huh..

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They need to move our UFA's quickly. Every game and every shift that comes with them still on the roster is another chance for them to get injured, and we get zero for them. If I'm Gorton/Sather, I'd chain Nash in a hotel room and surround him with cotton balls. Why risk an injury/any possibility of a trade?
Definitely a double edged sword. I'm sure Gorton is working the phones hard but sooner rather than later would be good.

Reactions: Xref and Cheapshot

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Obviously, you're assuming Ruff has a say in what goes on. Kids look good because (a) they're taught basic Hockey 101 and (b) AV has not drilled his system into them.
Youre assuming way more in this belief than you would be in assuming that the defensive coach (no less a defensive coach like Lindy Ruff, who has almost two decades of head coaching experience in the NHL) has a substantial say in the team's defensive posture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad