New Jersey Devils General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 47s
Devils' D pairs: Salvador-Zidlicky; Greene-Larsson; Volchenkov-Harrold; Fayne-Urbom.

haha, see ya Fayne. so silly.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
we're talkin' 'bout practice man... practice.

I see a coach trying some new combos just to see if anyone seems to have a spark with someone else so come time he bingo balls the lines (say period 2 of game 1) he has some concept of what might work as a shakeup to the lines.

I mean with all this depth, you gotta play what if at some point - why not today?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
we're talkin' 'bout practice man... practice.

I see a coach trying some new combos just to see if anyone seems to have a spark with someone else so come time he bingo balls the lines (say period 2 of game 1) he has some concept of what might work as a shakeup to the lines.

I mean with all this depth, you gotta play what if at some point - why not today?

We panic, it's what we do ya know! :)

I think we all just don't want the notion of Fayne being benched for Harrold to come true more than anything.

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
This is how our board reacts to any negative Devils news or rumors that come our way...

panic.gif

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Pronman just tweeted his playoff predictions. Someone gets it :handclap::

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 3m
3 playoff spots in ATL: BOS, DET, OTT. MET: PIT, NYR, NJD, Wild cards: MTL, PHI. In order out: NYI, WSH, CAR, FLA, CBJ, TBL, TOR, BUF.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
A Harrold-Volchenkov pairing gives me major agita. Assume this will only be temporary as they get exposed. Fayne is too good to get scratched. But then again, we saw that last year. He just has to force Pete's hand here.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Why the **** is Fayne still in the doghouse? I'm weary about trading him. We need him to help transition in the rookies.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I think Fayne is a below average defenseman, but that's just me. He makes way too many mistakes. I would take him over Volchenkov and Harrold, but that's not saying much.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Pronman just tweeted his playoff predictions. Someone gets it :handclap::

People who look solely at the team and the players predict we won't make it. Those who go deep into the advanced statistics like Pronman, Cordell, and I've seen some others, predict the Devils make it.

When looking at all the advanced stats, it was absolute fluke the Devils missed the playoffs last year. I remember over the summer when Cordell pulled up some stats on the Senators-Devils game at Prudential Center when the Devils lost 2-0. Whatever the stat was only one Senators skate was positive, you play that game over 1,000 times, Devils win 999.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad