New Jersey Devils General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Some good quotes from Ranger fans on the Devils

This NJ defense was the exact same as the one the beat NYR in the conference finals. Since then Larsson/Greene/Fayne have gotten only better and while Volchenkov/Salvador may of taken a step back its covered by the Schneider acquisition. The ignorance of some Ranger fans in staggering. And this guy wouldn't take Andy Greene for free?!

Of course, it's JA #11 who's leading the charge. There's the surprise of the century. God, that guy is a clown.

apice3*

Top-30. Minimum top-40. He's not as good as Martin was when Martin was at his peak with us, but he's a damn fine defenseman.

I agree with you with the 30-40 range. But good luck explaining that to other fans. That would mean he'd be a 1st pair guy on most teams, and people lose their **** when they hear that.

apice3*

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 9s
To be off roster by Monday's 3 p.m. deadline, player had to be placed on waivers today.

So there has to be a trade TODAY

Just my guess, but I'm willing to bet we send Larsson to Albany on paper and put Elias on IR. After tomorrow's deadline, we will send Urbom and Gionta to Albany and recall Larsson (immediately) while activating Elias (probably Wednesday or Thursday before the game.) It would explain Elias' "not sure if I'll play" comments.

Loup hole.

Edit: Tedenby can also go on IR retroactive 9/17.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Just my guess, but I'm willing to bet we send Larsson to Albany on paper and put Elias on IR. After tomorrow's deadline, we will send Urbom and Gionta to Albany and recall Larsson (immediately) while activating Elias (probably Wednesday or Thursday before the game.) It would explain Elias' "not sure if I'll play" comments.

Loup hole.

Edit: Tedenby can also go on IR retroactive 9/17.

Yeah thinking the same thing, I think you nailed it.

apice3*

Yeah thinking the same thing, I think you nailed it.

Tedenby is probably the less sketchy option. He'd probably be a scratch anyway, so just scratch him while on IR if he is required to sit out for a game to avoid fake IR placements.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Tedenby is probably the less sketchy option. He'd probably be a scratch anyway, so just scratch him while on IR if he is required to sit out for a game to avoid fake IR placements.

I was thinking it would be Patty on the IR, I thought Teddy has been practicing the last week.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Ranking players like that is moronic. Really 28? 32? 35? Wtf? Who cares? It's mental masterbation for the incontinent.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Ranking players like that is moronic. Really 28? 32? 35? Wtf? Who cares? It's mental masterbation for the incontinent.

Well how else are you going to convince people you don't know and will never meet who have no bearing on the game whatsoever that your team's best defenseman is criminally underrated? You have to throw out arbitrary and unenforceable numbered lists! Duh!

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
Urbom won't get sent down because he has to go on waivers before that can happen. Him being traded or making the team is the only option before the 3pm deadline tomorrow.

Lou will use the Bobby Butler maneuver on Urbom.

Send Larsson down tomorrow, waive Urbom on Tuesday when all the rosters are set so he is even more likely to clear.

Bring Larsson back up on Wed and he plays on Thursday, never leaves New Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->