New Jersey Devils General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilChuk*

This is perhaps the most repeated misunderstanding on HFB.

There is no prior team priority for reclaiming waived players.

No priority.. but the Devils are the only team who can send him to the minors without waiving him again.

So if the Devils really want him back, all they have to do is put in a claim on him every time he is waived. Either they will lose him to a different team or they will get him back. If no-one else claims him, they can send him straight down. If someone else does claim him, he's stuck in the NHL.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Anyone know what the waiver priority order was? I'm curious if more than one team put a claim on him, although I'm sure we'll never know.

DevilChuk*

Anyone know what the waiver priority order was? I'm curious if more than one team put a claim on him, although I'm sure we'll never know.

Last year's standings.

At least 18 other teams passed.

DevilChuk*

Or teams realized the dilemma Lou was faced with. Decided not to trade with the Devils and gamble on Urbom falling to them.

Guess the Caps gamble paid off.

Only contenders wanted Urbom I guess then (i.e. no-one who finished under the Caps last year)..

that makes no sense.

More than likely, a team like the Caps knew he would be waived, knew there wouldn't be much interest on him and put in one of the few claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad