New Jersey Devils General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Sometime during the series with Philly 2 years ago, Pierre dedicated a moment of his in-game blabbering to talk about Fayne. He was set to be a RFA at season's end, and Pierre had mentioned that he had caught the attention, and impresseed, of a lot of scouts across the league.

If the Devils can't find a place for him (which, please, I hope they do) - hopefully we do get a nice return for him.
I got into a conversation with a scout not too long and when he found out I was a Devils fan, Fayne is one of the first players he brought up. He definitely has a lot of eyes on him - and it's another contract year.

Really hope they make room for him. Can't imagine Lou wants to see a Providence guy get lost in the fold.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Not having Fayne in our lineup isn't that big of a deal for me but when you're icing Volchenkov and Salvador instead of Fayne, to me, that's nothing short of troubling.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Greene, Larsson, Salvador, Zidlicky are all better than Fayne. He's the 5th or 6th best defenseman on the roster, and he would be lower if any of the kids made the team.

I'd take Fayne the hockey player over Salvador the current hockey player right now easily.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I think Fayne is a below average defenseman, but that's just me. He makes way too many mistakes. I would take him over Volchenkov and Harrold, but that's not saying much.

hes a solid mobile shutdown DMan and is one of the only guys who is consistently good at clearing the zone.

those do not grow on trees.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Greene, Larsson, Salvador, Zidlicky are all better than Fayne. He's the 5th or 6th best defenseman on the roster, and he would be lower if any of the kids made the team.

Salvador and Zidlicky are not better than Fayne

I love how you bring up the fact that Fayne "makes mistakes" but dont say the same for Zids, who makes 3x as many.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Except for the fact Zid actually contributes offensively. I like Fayne and rather him than Volch but I rather have Lars, Zid, and Greene over him. But it's not like it is a great loss if we lose him.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Except for the fact Zid actually contributes offensively. I like Fayne and rather him than Volch but I rather have Lars, Zid, and Greene over him. But it's not like it is a great loss if we lose him.

Zidlicky is atrocious defensively.

I personally am not fond of him offensively either. He never hits the net on slap shots, often times makes boneheaded plays, if he tries to protect the puck with one hand on his stick and then throw it to the net softly one more time I might break my TV. He has some talent, but I'd personally rather have Gelinas here who probably brings more offensively to the table considering his shot, and watch him make rookie mistakes than Zidlicky.

In my opinion, Greene should just be given more freedom. He can contribute offensively but unlike Zidlicky he is very smart about it. He knows when and when not to take risks.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Patrik Elias said his "mysterious injury is gone" and he'll be "fine" to play opener Thursday in Pittsburgh

The way its worded, it sounds like , "I dont need to be put on IR anymore, Lou figured out a way"

Last edited:

DevilChuk*

Everyone who we could of put on IR today said they are fine and will play in the opener.......

What is Lou going to do ??

trade?

they can still do one paper transaction with Larsson but yea.. they're going to need to open one more roster spot

unless they do something funky with Marty.. maybe there's some way under the CBA they can give him a few days to be with his family while opening up a roster spot? i dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $365.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark