New GM, New Trades and Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
This is ironic considering you have no clue what you are talking about judging by your statements. I'd stick to hockey if I were you.
What’s ironic about it? No one cares about someone’s beliefs until that individual makes a point to express them. If those beliefs happen to be contradictory to the reason you claim to have them, then ridicule is fully valid

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Well, hard to hand out crippling contracts when you're pre-crippled by contracts on your team.

They have no truly crippling contracts.

They also have a lot of cap space.

They also have at least 2 ELCs, and probably 4 NHLers are less than 1 million dollar contracts.

Dubas did a great job by leaving us a lot of cap to work with.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Pretty doom and gloom around here, and as of right now.. rightfully so, but funny thing is, two of the forwards still available and Toronto has been linked too is Domi and Bertuzzi are still free.

Toronto could save themselves signing them... I think the selfishness / core not being signed right now has really messed up Toronto and what they can actually add to the cap.
Those two would help for sure 😊

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Rumored to be in on Bertuzzi/Domi but barring that I expect they may go the trade route and try to use their cap space to pick up someone ala Smith to Pittsburgh/Bjorkstrand to SEA last year...

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
What’s ironic about it? No one cares about someone’s beliefs until that individual makes a point to express them. If those beliefs happen to be contradictory to the reason you claim to have them, then ridicule is fully valid
You have no ground to stand on because you infact have no clue what the said beliefs are. You have a notion of what they are from news and social media. So until you know what you are talking about please just stop with your nonsensical rhetoric.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I think we all know the deal by now -- this team (with the core likely returning intact) will be judged on playoff performance.
Absolutely.

The shortsightedness of the "OMG WHY DIDN'T THEY SIGN PLAYER XXX FOR $13M" crowd needs to get off the ledge.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Maybe Brad Treliving has been told that the Marlies are chock full of NHL bound forwards. However I'd like to remind him that the team currently only has 9 defensemen under contract.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
You have no ground to stand on because you infact have no clue what the said beliefs are. You have a notion of what they are from news and social media. So until you know what you are talking about please just stop with your nonsensical rhetoric.
You’re assuming I’m not raised in a “Christian” background and have no understanding of where my beliefs come from.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
What changed between last year and this year that suddenly made the core so toxic? There were no issues bringing in players before this offseason, they finally win a round and now nobody wants to play with Matthews, Marner and Nylander? They certainly have their issues sure, but toxic isn't something that happens this suddenly.

Perhaps the toxic way we ousted the GM who treated his players so well and hired the guy everyone was running away from in Calgary has something to do with nobody wanting to play here anymore
BINGO!

Reactions: Nylanderthal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad