New GM, New Trades and Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
If the Leafs are waiting because of Matthews and Nylander’s contracts they’d be better off just punting to next year. Bad enough our core players hurt us with their contract demands, they paralyze us with their negotiations.

Reactions: New User Name

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Personally I’m happy with the switch, my biggest gripe last year is that half the season didn’t matter since we were locked into Tampa round 1 from January. Brad heard my problem and he fixed it, now it’s going to be an exciting race to qualify for a WC spot right down to the last game. Are we going to buy or sell at the deadline? Who knows, that’s the exciting part!

Sarcasm aside, Dubas obviously had his flaws. I would have kept him because I think his positives clearly outweigh the flaws, but if someone decided they didn't want him running the ship anymore I get it. The way it went down was a complete shitshow and obviously players took note. Dubas was notorious for doing right by his players, moving guys out when there wasn't a fit anymore, the whole hospital think with Mikheyev, etc. Good or bad GM he was a really good person. You treat that person that way I wouldn't want to play for you either.

I thought Treliving was one of the better options out there if they had to get someone with experience. I don't necessarily think it's him. The buck stops with Shanahan.

Reactions: New User Name

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
You’re assuming I’m not raised in a “Christian” background and have no understanding of where my beliefs come from.
I'm not assuming anything, your own comments have told me exactly what you know or in this case don't know. I've studied the tanakh, Injeel, and Quaran for years and in the original languages. Your comments about Jesus and Christian's don't fall under any of those scriptures. So you can claim whatever you like but you still have no idea what your talking about.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
No better way to educate the fan base of what happens on July 1st for Toronto free agent frenzy when you spend yourself into Cap Hell on just 4 forwards.. The consequences of spending 1/2 our cap on 4 forwards and understanding there isn't a lot for others and the cap only going up +$1 mil.

Reminder of Last years July Free Agent Frenzy Leafs transactions.

This came after trading for Matt Murray prior to free agency.

Ilya Samsonov (1 Year, $1.8 Million AAV)
Jordie Benn (1 Year, $750,000 AAV)
Victor Mete (1 Year, $750,000 AAV)
Nicolas Aube-Kubel (1 Year, $1 Million AAV)
Adam Gaudette (1 Year, $750,000 AAV)
Denis Malgin (1 Year, $750,000 AAV)

Then a few weeks later

Calle Jarnkrok (4 Years, $2.1 Million AAV)
& PTO camp signing
Zach Aston-Reese (1 Year, $840,000 AAV)

That is a recap of last years July 1st until opening seasons transactions.

Quite the Haul !!!!

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Signing Daniel sprong for 1 x $2 would have been so much more shrewd and helped the Leafs so much more than Reaves.

Ya, but who is going to stop Bennett from running our players? Schenn did it last year, so no one got injured, now this year we need someone.

No better way to educate the fan base of what happens on July 1st for Toronto free agent frenzy when you spend yourself into Cap Hell on just 4 forwards.. The consequences of spending 1/2 our cap on 4 forwards and understanding there isn't a lot for others and the cap only going up +$1 mil.

Then a few weeks later

& PTO camp signing

I haven't even read this and I already know it is a bad take.

Reactions: aingefan

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
Losing ROR at 4.5? But sign Kampf for 2.4? Is our GM an idiot? What the hell is happening to this team. We’re losing all of our grittiest players.
lol you assume ROR was willing to sign in Toronto, maybe he did not want to.

On side note, I just have a feeling that all the $$ for the Core four is just killing this team. No Money to fill out the rest of the team properly. Will be glad when JT's contract is gone and really, at this point I would not object to them getting ride of oneof the other top 3 and use that money to balance out the team,

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
That’s an even worse plan then
Its a cheaper plan, he played 3c all of last season before ROR and was fine, he plays solid in our own end, quality pker, good on the draws, you need players like him.

Kampf not scoring isn't the reason why Toronto will lose in the playoffs, if your top 2 centerman are going to both get 0 goals in 5 games, you shouldn't be looking at Kampf and saying "well we had no depth scoring!"

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

Then a few weeks later

& PTO camp signing

Lack of cap space is not an issue today.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I'm not assuming anything, your own comments have told me exactly what you know or in this case don't know. I've studied the tanakh, Injeel, and Quaran for years and in the original languages. Your comments about Jesus and Christian's don't fall under any of those scriptures. So you can claim whatever you like but you still have no idea what your talking about.
So the core tenant of Jesus wasn’t to be a better person, love thy neighbour and to be accepting and loving of all of gods beings?

Its a cheaper plan, he played 3c all of last season before ROR and was fine, he plays solid in our own end, quality pker, good on the draws, you need players like him.

Kampf not scoring isn't the reason why Toronto will lose in the playoffs, if your top 2 centerman are going to both get 0 goals in 5 games, you shouldn't be looking at Kampf and saying "well we had no depth scoring!"
When your top guys get shut down you need the depth to come through and make some plays. There’s literally a term for it “playoff hero”

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Stupid money and term starting to be thrown around. Thankfully, some of the guys we’re rumoured in on are still available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad