New GM, New Trades and Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
With the roster we currently have, we’re probably looking at a spot anywhere from 5th to 8th in the East. Pretty sad given this team as of right now will finally be taking a step back after so many years and only have 1 playoff round win to show for it…

Depending on what happens with Nylander, the core is the same as last season. I get people are frustrated with them but I wouldn't bet on them regressing all the way down to 8th. It's not as if Tampa and Boston have improved themselves, and the up and coming teams like the Sabres have yet to prove anything

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Pretty doom and gloom around here, and as of right now.. rightfully so, but funny thing is, two of the forwards still available and Toronto has been linked too is Domi and Bertuzzi are still free.

Toronto could save themselves signing them... I think the selfishness / core not being signed right now has really messed up Toronto and what they can actually add to the cap.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
What changed between last year and this year that suddenly made the core so toxic? There were no issues bringing in players before this offseason, they finally win a round and now nobody wants to play with Matthews, Marner and Nylander? They certainly have their issues sure, but toxic isn't something that happens this suddenly.

Perhaps the toxic way we ousted the GM who treated his players so well and hired the guy everyone was running away from in Calgary has something to do with nobody wanting to play here anymore
It’s hilarious to me that the one guy who said that maybe a change of course needs to happen is the one guy who is no longer employed with the organization

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Where the hell does Reaves even fit in this lineup? He can’t play with Kampf in a shutdown role. Then on the other bottom six line, aside from fighting, he can’t provide anything else…
Stop assuming Kampf is playing 4C, Kampf will be the 3rd line center while Reaves will be on the 4th line.

Reactions: BM14

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He's got no money or assets. This is the way the teams been trending for year's. Now the Muskoka 4 have nmc and hold the cards lol. It really was dreadful management by Shanahan and Dubas.

I've been earmarking 2024 and 2025 as black hole seasons for a while now... with the affordable contracts running out and the core guys needing newer, bigger deals, these two seasons are just write offs even if you're just playing them in a video game.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I dont give a flying fadoo what the guys personal beliefs are and perfer that they keep them to himself, especially if they’re of a hateful manner.
Funny that most “Christians” miss the fact that Jesus was about acceptance and tolerance. Clown shoes thought process on your part. Not going any farther as I’d like to avoid another 6 month ban
This is ironic considering you have no clue what you are talking about judging by your statements. I'd stick to hockey if I were you.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I mean.

It’s not done? We got Brodie at like 7pm last time

Who we were missing?
O rielly ok? But at 5.5 with taxes? Or lov at 8?
Reimer?

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Eh, they're still a defacto lock for the playoffs depending on what happens with Nylander. They'll have a spot basically guaranteed by US thanksgiving.
Literally have the 3rd best Stanley Cup odds on DraftKings. Does it mean a lot? No. But it means something. Oddsmakers don't make odds to lose money.

Reactions: Menzinger

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Stop assuming Kampf is playing 4C, Kampf will be the 3rd line center while Reaves will be on the 4th line.
Can you point out where I said Kampf is the 4C? I said Reaves can’t play with Kampf on a shutdown line and on the other bottom six line Reaves doesn’t provide anything.

In other posts I made lines, Kampf is the 3C.

Not sure where you’re coming from in your post. Lol.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Pretty doom and gloom around here, and as of right now.. rightfully so, but funny thing is, two of the forwards still available and Toronto has been linked too is Domi and Bertuzzi are still free.

Toronto could save themselves signing them... I think the selfishness / core not being signed right now has really messed up Toronto and what they can actually add to the cap.
They have 10M available so I don’t think they can sign both and sign Samsonov

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
What changed between last year and this year that suddenly made the core so toxic? There were no issues bringing in players before this offseason, they finally win a round and now nobody wants to play with Matthews, Marner and Nylander? They certainly have their issues sure, but toxic isn't something that happens this suddenly.

Perhaps the toxic way we ousted the GM who treated his players so well and hired the guy everyone was running away from in Calgary has something to do with nobody wanting to play here anymore

Personally I’m happy with the switch, my biggest gripe last year is that half the season didn’t matter since we were locked into Tampa round 1 from January. Brad heard my problem and he fixed it, now it’s going to be an exciting race to qualify for a WC spot right down to the last game. Are we going to buy or sell at the deadline? Who knows, that’s the exciting part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad