New GM, New Trades and Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Maybe Brad Treliving has been told that the Marlies are chock full of NHL bound forwards. However I'd like to remind him that the team currently only has 9 defensemen under contract.

I don't think a lot of them are suited to the type of high DZS usage that they would get if the forward lines stay as they are.

the real Fox mulder

Dec 4, 2022
All teams doing there shopping at Gucci, Hugo Boss, and Louis Vuitton. Brad Treliving waiting for a used mickey mouse purse at 50% off at good will.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
why are you posting this here, I come to here to read about hockey not this, move this somewhere else please
Ask road warrior why he decided to comment that the poor Christian’s being ostracized is why players don’t want to sign in Toronto

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
No better way to educate the fan base of what happens on July 1st for Toronto free agent frenzy when you spend yourself into Cap Hell on just 4 forwards.. The consequences of spending 1/2 our cap on 4 forwards and understanding there isn't a lot for others and the cap only going up +$1 mil.

Reminder of Last years July Free Agent Frenzy Leafs transactions.

This came after trading for Matt Murray prior to free agency.

Ilya Samsonov (1 Year, $1.8 Million AAV)
Jordie Benn (1 Year, $750,000 AAV)
Victor Mete (1 Year, $750,000 AAV)
Nicolas Aube-Kubel (1 Year, $1 Million AAV)
Adam Gaudette (1 Year, $750,000 AAV)
Denis Malgin (1 Year, $750,000 AAV)

Then a few weeks later

Calle Jarnkrok (4 Years, $2.1 Million AAV)
& PTO camp signing
Zach Aston-Reese (1 Year, $840,000 AAV)

That is a recap of last years July 1st until opening seasons transactions.

Though so far there's few contracts the Leafs couldn't have afforded outside of Orlav and maybe Killorn.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Sarcasm aside, Dubas obviously had his flaws. I would have kept him because I think his positives clearly outweigh the flaws, but if someone decided they didn't want him running the ship anymore I get it. The way it went down was a complete shitshow and obviously players took note. Dubas was notorious for doing right by his players, moving guys out when there wasn't a fit anymore, the whole hospital think with Mikheyev, etc. Good or bad GM he was a really good person. You treat that person that way I wouldn't want to play for you either.

I thought Treliving was one of the better options out there if they had to get someone with experience. I don't necessarily think it's him. The buck stops with Shanahan.

Imo it’s clear that “all options are on the table” is the main driver behind what got him canned. This team is Shanahan’s vision ever since he gushed about how much he loves Kariya to the point that his wife found it weird how much they talked. Ever since then his actions as an exec since the 05 lockout have pushed the league to be more Kariya-friendly so as to “grow the game”.

He would absolutely not tolerate replacing the brand friendly young stars he saw as the key to growing the game. How are you going to put a TikTok sticker on a bunch of toothless black-eyed 34 year old farm boy’s helmets?

Reactions: Chindis

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Leafs have to get 2 of Domi, Mayfield, Kane and Bertuzzi or this is a complete disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest