Status
Not open for further replies.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
@LBloor

Cause the other one got closed.. not sure what you are showing me

andora said:
All this would be even more toxic.. strongarming the serfs because of our upper class

What year can that level show up and does it work in april through june?
16 Mitch Marner R 80 30 69 99 28 18 ONT: Markham 25
88 William Nylander R 82 40 47 87 28 10 ALTA: Calgary 26
34 Auston Matthews C 74 40 45 85 20 31 CA: San Ramon 24
91 John Tavares C 80 36 44 80 34 -7

40 points in 50 playoff games, less than 10 play off points behind Marner and Matthews at 4 million per year less. And as non physical as those two.

Captain34

Sep 18, 2019
I think the cost to acquire Hart would not be worth it since we have Sammy and Woll, both young good goalies with potential. Sammy took a major step forward and I expect him to be even better next year.

Mike McKenna btw, a former NHL goalie, who knows Woll and trained with him sees his trajectory being that of Jake Oettinger. I'd rather sacrifice the assets to add a couple of top 4 Ds.

How should the Toronto Maple Leafs map out their goaltending for 2023-24?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Carter Hart idea ... :hyper:

1686149231717.png

:5:

Reactions: 40BayStreet

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wonder if they were to land Carter Hart would they go with Hart and Woll?

Or would they try Hart and Samsonov for awhile?

Or does Treliving go a completely different route and bring in a guy like Vlad who he knows?

Reactions: hockeywiz542

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I wouldn’t be upset if the Leafs went with a Samsonov - Woll tandem next year but if we replaced Samsonov with Hart, I wouldn’t complain about that one bit. I think Hart has more potential than Samsonov and has shown he can be a starter multiple years already while being younger.

Reactions: uncleben and andora

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I'm fine with a Samsonov-Woll tandem next year, depending on what Samsonov asks for as an RFA.

I'm not 100% Hart is a significant upgrade on Samsonov, and what the cost would be to acquire him makes me even more reluctant, to be honest.

........ and then there are the Hellebuyck rumors out there, for good measure.

Interested to see what we start the season with in net. No doubt that Treliving is focusing on building on the net out........ something Dubas continued to fail at in his time here.

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
Maybe Samsonov is asking for too much money/term? Otherwise I don’t understand going after Hart.

Either get a true #1 goalie like Hellebuyck/Saros or go with two cheap options and spend the savings on the defence.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I just don’t think Torts wants the guys we would trade aside from Matthews.

Too bad, since Philly has:
Hart
Laughton
TK
…all of interest

Last edited:
Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
While I like Carter Hart's potential to continue as a starting goalie just fine, I'm not as sold on the goaltending position being where the required amount of the team's trade capital needs to be dedicated to improving upon.

Last edited:

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
If leafs can upgrade goalie position whatever how... just do it...

Yes Woll so promising thing but can we bet every thing on him?

Samsonov was good in regular season but too much inconsistant to hope leafs can make a run with him as goalie...

Hart is really an underrated young goalie who can become a Vezina winner in front a good team for sure... for me hes a good step in front of Samsoniv in term of quality

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
While I like Carter Hart's potential to continue as a starting goalie just fine, I'm not as sold on the goaltending position being where the required amount of the team's trade capital needs to be dedicated to improving upon.

Hart has shown both some great potential, and to be terrible... depending on when. Perhaps some of that is maturity, and he's just coming into the age you'd want from a goalie. I do wonder what the actual cost would be to acquire? Like you, I wouldn't want to spend a great deal of our trade capital at that position. There are people talking about two first round picks for him, or a potential future #1C or #1D... I don't think the market is that high on goalies personally, but you never know. Samsonov and Niemela... sure.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Hart has shown both some great potential, and to be terrible... depending on when. Perhaps some of that is maturity, and he's just coming into the age you'd want from a goalie. I do wonder what the actual cost would be to acquire? Like you, I wouldn't want to spend a great deal of our trade capital at that position. There are people talking about two first round picks for him, or a potential future #1C or #1D... I don't think the market is that high on goalies personally, but you never know. Samsonov and Niemela... sure.
Rebuild aside, I'm somewhat surprised that PHI is even entertaining the possibility of trading Hart (goalie being a challenging position to address). Although a prospect probably shouldn't serve as a dealbreaker altogether either, I'd actually hesitate to include Niemela in a number of deals as well (with RHD also being a tough position to fill).

Last edited:
Reactions: bax and arso40

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I see Hart in similar light to Samsonov in terms of pedigree, upside, and risk. I think he gets more spotlight because he's Canadian but a lot of people seem to forget Sammy was a 1st round draft pick the year prior.

Hart has a better health record though.

And with Woll showing some potential and upside, I don't see it necessary to trade assets to bring in Hart .. might as well save them for other roster upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad