Online Series: NETFLIX (The General All Things Netflix Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I loved it but idk if it was quite as good

season 1 almost every skit was hilarious, S2 had a few flops. I felt like he spent too many skits this season doing the yelling bit. Either way, still the funniest thing on tv since its first season

Ghost Tour, Karl Havoc and Detective Crashmore are f***ing hilarious
I see what you did there.

Reactions: izzy

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Brand New Cherry Flavor is weird beyond belief. I loved everything about it. I will never look at a kitten the same way.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Downton Abbey arrived on Netflix over here. I had a go at watching the first episode. And I'm now on the first episode of season 2. This show is just so well done. #GuiltyPleasure :laugh:

I've always kind of-sort of wanted to watch this as well and it's been popping up on my Netflix every time I sign on. Is it what you expected?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I've always kind of-sort of wanted to watch this as well and it's been popping up on my Netflix every time I sign on. Is it what you expected?

I expected a quality production and got exactly that. Episode 3 provided the over arching plot point that's carried into season 2 (in the background). Great acting, great writing. And I really appreciate the different accents of the different classes. Also, two of the biggest "workplace bullies" that I remember seeing on tv.

Reactions: deadinthewater

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Brand New Cherry Flavor is weird beyond belief. I loved everything about it. I will never look at a kitten the same way.

It’s warped to the nth degree but that’s also what makes it intriguing to an extent. You’re not quite sure where it’s going next — however, I knew where I was going next and it would stop at episode 3.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So Season 3 of the Witcher got the greenlight, another animated Witcher movie is also on they and kinda weird is a spinoff of the Witcher for kids. So looks like Netflix is going all in with the Witcher as one of their tentpole franchises.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I’m a few episodes into Midnight Mass and it’s a hell of a well acted, atmospheric, creepy ass series.

So far it’s a bit of a slow burn, but if you appreciate well written horror with an on point message about acceptance of all religions and beliefs (including atheism) you will enjoy this series.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I’m a few episodes into Midnight Mass and it’s a hell of a well acted, atmospheric, creepy ass series.

So far it’s a bit of a slow burn, but if you appreciate well written horror with an on point message about acceptance of all religions and beliefs (including atheism) you will enjoy this series.

To me that's a very weird take on the show, and way off the mark. If you felt acceptance, it's probably a reaction to cognitive dissonance.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I just finished "The Spy". Not a great show, but I was pleasantly surprised. I will recommend it to my friends.

I wish they had made it longer though. It is only 6 episodes so they never really go into much depth around the different characters - with somewhat of an exception of the main character. It also suffers from making it a fairly black and white story about good vs. evil. Kind of fine considering it is based on a real life story and from his perspective it was probably how it felt, but I wish they have had time to show a bit more nuance. I have read books about and by Mossad agents and it wasn't that black and white as you might think watching this series.

It is well made. And I learned about a story I didn't know about. 20 years from now I'll probably still remember that story - so it is quite powerful. Well worth a watch if you like a bit of history, politics, "spy stuff" and got 5 hours to spare (or something like that).

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Finished Midnight Mass. I really enjoyed it. Went in with pretty low expectations but thought the acting and writing was very good and loved the ending.
Mike Flanagan has been on a roll.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Midnight Mass was easily the worst of the Flanagan series for me. Well acted but pacing was a major issue with endless monologues that really brought nothing and the church ceremonies that went of for ever (I've had my share of those enough in my life). Never have I fastforwarded through scenes so much. It also became predictable that pretty much everyone but some kids were going to die. And you could easily replaced vampire with aliens or some cult, because the storyline was fairly similar to what's happened with cult in the past, hence the lack suspense. Compared to Bly Manor, I didn't care for any of the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad