Online Series: NETFLIX (The General All Things Netflix Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Love%2C_Death_%2B_Robots_logo.png

Had some friends in from out of state and one of them showed us this series and I really loved it.

My first impression is that it's very Black Mirror-ish. A bunch of stand-alone animated shorts (6-18 mins. each) which are created in a variety of artistic styles by a variety of crews from around the worlds. They touch on issues such as.... well..... Love, Death, & Robots to put it simply.

I haven't seen every episode yet, but I'm really enjoying it so far. The varying artistic and thematic styles of each episode are really interesting and the stories are simple enough to be told in a short vignette, but detailed enough to be interesting.

Looking forward to seeing more of this.

perrypitts29096

Dec 3, 2021
I recently watched the trailer for Ozark 4 and now I want to watch it. If they smash this last season it deserves all the awards it can get it’s hands on

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window might be the dumbest shit I've watched all year.

Even if it is a murder mystery parody (as I've seen it described) which is a stretch, the writing is so f***ing bad. The last two episodes are just so horrendous. I really don't get why this is the number 1 show on Netflix.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window might be the dumbest shit I've watched all year.

Even if it is a murder mystery parody (as I've seen it described) which is a stretch, the writing is so f***ing bad. The last two episodes are just so horrendous. I really don't get why this is the number 1 show on Netflix.

Maybe it's the #1 show because all of the words in the title mean that it shows up in every other search that a person might make. :sarcasm:

Reactions: HanSolo

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Wow, just got around to watching The Unforgivable, an absolutely amazing movie. Probably one of the best Netflix movies out there. Highly recommend it.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

I watched this latest installment last night and reviewed it in the movie thread here.

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Its pretty meh..

Yeah it's got very much a cheaper spinoff show feel to it, even though it's like a century after the original show. There is no Ragnar, Lagertha, or Bjorn level character to really get invested in, and all the main characters kind of feel like ripoffs of the ones from the original.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Ozark: running out of steam. Not much suspense. Not much to get excited about. Kind of going through the motions, waiting for the end.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Reacher: A lot of fun, but mainly because of two characters who won't be in the next book adaptation.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

I saw that as trending on Netflix and I thought, what a stupid title... I'm not watching it. Nice to see a confirmation on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad