Net comes off in final minute of Chicago/Toronto game.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Looks like it came off when he scooted back to the post, then pushed away when he tried to push off. Normal goalie movement. Nothing weird about it. Shit happens.

Reactions: BLONG7

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014

I remember this pissed me off to no end. Panarin, nor any other Hawk, was at fault for the net moving, yet got a goal taken away because the net happened to move when Andersen pushed out using the post.

Game continued with a faceoff...

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Then how do you rationaize your proposition with the leafs fans that claim it wasnt intentional? They're not objective? They're just self hating?
Self-hating and rationalizing illogical/inconsistent/unfair outcomes so that we don't go insane is what Leaf fans do best. :laugh:

I'd be saying it is just as stupid if the roles were reversed. This type of play is toxic and destructive to the health of the game of hockey, and it ruined an otherwise exciting game.

Proclaiming ill intent to something so mundane and possibly accidental is the epitome of grasping at straws.
I'm not sure how cheating to directly affect the outcome of a game is "mundane". Clear motive, with personal benefit as a result. Clear and perfect timing, when the same goalie actions didn't result in movement prior. Clear execution caught on video. No punishment or consequences.

That's a valid topic of discussion on a hockey forum.

Captain And Coke

Apr 29, 2011
After the first contact with the post, it could be reasonable to speculate that Delia realized it was partially loose and he could push off the post when the puck came out front and knock the net completely loose and get away with it.

I am not sure if it was intentional or not. I do think though that regardless of this situation, if the Leafs wanted to win this game, they should not have let the Hawks have a 5-1 lead to begin with.

Reactions: leafsfan5

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
OMG, the net coming off in a CHICAGO versus TORONTO game where TORONTO got impacted?!?!

Let's discuss it like it's not something that happens all the time in non CHICAGO vs TORONTO games.

It's held in there by a rubber hose, it's going to come off sometimes.
You probably Shoulda took your meds this morning.

Reactions: Flipwon

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Thought is was penalty in real time

Net was clearly loose, probably when Leaf player fell on it. Post wasn't fully reset and flush to the peg so it got knocked off when delia pushed. shit happens

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Net was loose already. Didnt look like he intentionally put more pressure on the post than usual.

The real issue is that thet net came off with like 24 seconds left, but the whistle was blown at like 19 seconds.

Reactions: fivesberg

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Not intentional, he was covering his post like he was supposed to. This happens sometimes, just not always in crucial situations.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Poor luck but something that could have happened to any team. Toronto will have to move on from it.

Flipwon

Jun 25, 2018
Funny the time some people spend on this. I'm almost 200% certain the maple leafs themselves blame that loss on the first period and arent even thinking about the final minute.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
OMG, the net coming off in a CHICAGO versus TORONTO game where TORONTO got impacted?!?!

Let's discuss it like it's not something that happens all the time in non CHICAGO vs TORONTO games.

nobody is disputing how the net is held in place, but there is a rule governing this very type of incident, there is also a 2 violations on the same face-off rule

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
It was pretty irritating when I watched it and wanted a goal but it's pretty obvious the net was loose considering the net didn't actually lift when it was pushed off, it just slid away.

*not a leaf fan but always enjoys a good comeback

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Self-hating and rationalizing illogical/inconsistent/unfair outcomes so that we don't go insane is what Leaf fans do best. :laugh:

I'd be saying it is just as stupid if the roles were reversed. This type of play is toxic and destructive to the health of the game of hockey, and it ruined an otherwise exciting game.

I'm not sure how cheating to directly affect the outcome of a game is "mundane". Clear motive, with personal benefit as a result. Clear and perfect timing, when the same goalie actions didn't result in movement prior. Clear execution caught on video. No punishment or consequences.

That's a valid topic of discussion on a hockey forum.

I don't feel like combing through 4 pages....have we talked about how Marner just dove on top of and layed on Delia in the first place? Is that Cheating? I mean it was clear execution caught on video with no punishment or consequences.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Not in the offensive zone, on a scoring play, after relentless pressure, where the only out was to trip. That's a penalty.

Really?

So you are new to hockey, eh?

1st period penalties are not OT penalties. And definitely not OT game 7 penalties.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
IIRC a week or two ago this happened in NYR vs PIT & Malkin got a penalty shot.

However last nights incident didnt look intentional IMO, the net was already little loose from all the action.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
LOL. I'd understand if the Yotes were whining ... but the League wants Chicago over TORONTO? Toronto - the alleged MECCA of hockey? Where they print money due to hockey? This has to be the dumbest argument of all time.

Yeah ... the NHL wants Toronto to struggle.

The Leafs were CRASHING into the net the last 5 minutes. There were some borderline interference penalties that were not called. Please spare me the tears. Delia barely went against the post when the net came off. Furthermore, there was a clear whistle when everyone stopped playing except the shooter.

Here was the REAL issue: why did the Leafs sleep walk through the first 40 minutes? That LOSS was all on the Leafs players. Heck, Crow didn't even play in the 3rd period and the Hawks still held on.

member 262271

I didn't see it, but it seems like too much of a talking point. If you play poorly for a 2/3 of the game you deserve to lose.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton

Get a grip.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2