Net comes off in final minute of Chicago/Toronto game.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
You seem to be very certain to intentions of other people. Maybe you could analyze yourself and everyone else is out to get by in the world by deception.
His intentions are extremely clear, why aren't Delia's :sarcasm:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
My guess is the peg was compromised when Moore hit the net earlier. Regardless, something was wrong with the net. If they always came off with a goalie hugging the post like that it would happen all the time. Many times a game.

I feel bad for Leafs fans. I bet if you polled them, 99% would say it was not a penalty.

Unfortunately because the Leafs have a huge active fan base, even 1% sounds like Leafs fans in general think they got screwed here. Again, I don’t believe the vast majority of them think that is the case.

You 1%’ers should stop making life hard for your fello Leaf fans.

Reactions: fivesberg

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
news flash, goalies have to put weight on the post to move. if its looks like the goalie pushes the net off, its because he did. But he has to. its the whole point of putting pegs in the net. it gives the goalies a stable point to push off of.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
news flash, goalies have to put weight on the post to move. if its looks like the goalie pushes the net off, its because he did. But he has to. its the whole point of putting pegs in the net. it gives the goalies a stable point to push off of.
It didn't come off when he pushed off. It came off when he pushed into the post. Twice, when the first one wasn't enough.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
It didn't come off when he pushed off. It came off when he pushed into the post. Twice, when the first one wasn't enough.

um sliding into the post applies pressure as well. push and pull type deal. again, the pegs are there for the goalie to be able to put their weight into the post. sliding into or pushing off of. The peg failed. The goalie didnt make any movement that wasnt reasonable for the situation he was in. It sucks but he did nothing wrong.

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
Same net as Delia pushed off. There’s something wrong with the moorings on that side. Oh leafs fans it’s your building and you didn’t score on Delia

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
It's the second time in as many games that the net has come off too easy.

The arena crew needs to look at this. It looks like a Toronto Scotiabank arena specific problem.

If I was an opposing goalie and felt the nets could come off easy, I'd do the same thing at a critical moment.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
It's the second time in as many games that the net has come off too easy.

The arena crew needs to look at this. It looks like a Toronto Scotiabank arena specific problem.

If I was an opposing goalie and felt the nets could come off easy, I'd do the same thing at a critical moment.

My guess is that with the salaries they gave to some of their players, they had to start looking for some cuts in other places, maybe the pegs :D

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Oh, what a coincidence. It happened again. Twice in two games. Wonder who could have seen that coming...

Cost Matthews a hat trick, and almost cost the Leafs yet another game, and potentially home ice in the playoffs. But yeah, I'm sure a second peg on a second consecutive night on the other side of the net just got mysteriously damaged again... What random play around the net from minutes earlier are we going to blame it on this time? Or is somehow blaming the Leafs ice crew, as if that makes any sense, now the cool thing?

It's almost like when you fail to do your job, and let goalies cheat, they will continue to cheat.

Open season for this sleazy move now. It will happen in a playoff game, if not decide one.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
You don't need to pull up to have a net come off it's moorings. In fact, they are specifically designed to come off from a force moving along the ice. That's the whole point of them. A goalie is low and can provide a similar force when they want to.

If you watch the video, he slides into it forcefully, and when it jostles, you can visibly see him do a second push and shift his weight into it, after he is already at the post/at his position, to ensure that it becomes dislodged. He then kicks the dislodged net away with his foot as he pushes back the opposite direction.

You’re looking for something that’s not there. Goalies are sliding into posts ’forcefully’ all the time when they want to ensure they’re hugging the post. Then pushing to change angle quickly is also common. Heck, they’re probably taught to do this..

I don’t see anything out of the ordinary from Delia in this incident. If he did it on purpose, then kudos to him, he’s got gamesmanship to hide his intentions.

deepelemblues

May 25, 2016
Pittsburgh
The snake working in the Scotiabank Arena equipment department must be revealed and removed to protect the Leafs from the net coming off in their own building screwing them. Obviously these nets are being moored purposely to pop off whenever the opposing goalie wants them to. Oddly, when the teams change sides after a period ends, the Leafs goalies seem unaware of what is going on and don't take advantage of the jiggered nets themselves. Or are they unaware? Are Andersen and Sparks in on the conspiracy too? What do they know and when did they know it, the filthy traitors? Will the conspiracy that began in 1968 ever end?

Last edited:
Reactions: ClydeLee

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
At the time this happened I saw the net came off with 25 seconds left and when the ref blew the play dead there was 19 seconds left on the clock. However they only changed the clock to show 19.8 seconds left, so shouldn't there have been 25 seconds left instead once the whistle was blown? I'm not saying Toronto would have tied the game had they been given more then a 8th of a second being added to the clock, however with 25 seconds left they would have had a little extra time.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Except when a player trips another player he directly took an action that violated the rules (intentionally or not). A goalie knocking the net off the moors from a standard post move is not a direct action that violates the rules.

until there is a rule that you have to keep two hands on your stick at all times i don't believe what you said to be true. 'directly took an action that violated the rules' - again, making an assertion you cannot know. judgement call yes - as should be net off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad