OT: NBA 2019-2020

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hard to know at this stage what's true, as lots of places will just push out their stored obits and reference the kids without yet knowing. Of course, you hope it's not true about them.

I always strongly disliked Kobe for a number of reasons, but this is so unfortunate. My condolences to his surviving family. He had a big impact on the game.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Awful news. :(

**** helicopters. I remember reading a quote from a pilot that said Copters don’t fly, they just glide for awhile and you hopefully land it before it crashes.

Reactions: Maximus and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Praying those kids were not on that helicopter. Only good that can come of this.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Awful news. :(

**** helicopters. I remember reading a quote from a pilot that said Copters don’t fly, they just glide for awhile and you hopefully land it before it crashes.

would never get on one! Never.
Thank goodness seems like kids were not there

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Terrible. With helicopters, it's a matter of when, not if. He spent a lot of time on them. His prodigy daughter too...brutal.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Reports now say that there were 9 people on the helicopter, pilot and 8 passengers. All earlier reports said 5 people

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
would never get on one! Never.
Thank goodness seems like kids were not there

I hear ya man...not a f***ing chance you could get me on a helicopter as there is no amount of money in the world that would even tempt me.

Totally stunned at this Kobe news. Just a terrible tragedy and the fact one of his daughters is gone as well just makes it that much worse. I dunno, you always hear the sayings "you should never take life for granted" or "you should always live today like it's your last"....yada yada.

Well it's terrible shit like this that makes you fully realize that it's really true. If you have kids like I do...two daughters, give them an extra hug and kiss or call them as I did tonight and let them know how much you love them. Very sad day to say the least!!....:(

Reactions: bl02

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Still feel like I can’t wrap my head around this.

When was the last time we lost a megastar, this young, like this?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Still feel like I can’t wrap my head around this.

When was the last time we lost a megastar, this young, like this?

I'm not a racing fan but I heard someone make a comparison to Dale Earnhardt. Guys who dominated their sports like few others, and then were gone in a flash.

I'm never totally shocked with musicians/actors, cause there's usually drugs involved. Would you really be shocked to find out your favorite musician was heavily into drugs? Not me.

This was shocking though. I think as a new(ish) father to a daughter that's almost a year old, his daughter being on board and the discussion of his daughters who survived hit me the hardest. Just awful

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad