OT: NBA 2019-2020

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Knicks have some characters on this team. Morris, Portis and Gibson is a hell of a rugged front line.

Barrett looks good though. It’s been entertaining.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Barrett with a nice line for a debut. Knox, good on offense, rough on defense. Randle was fantastic. Team needs to draft a real PG or find their guy. It'll hold them back if they don't.

Still, good signs for a team that has no expectations.

Reactions: jas

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Knox needs to start. Either play him instead of Morris (who is a good player btw) or preferably go with Morris and Randle front court and Portis comes off the bench.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Fun game for RJ, stinks they fell apart up 97-91, whatever.

Felt bad for Frank coming in cold late Q3.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I just don’t see anything more than the defense with Frank. His two TOs killed the Knicks momentum. Knox looks smooth on offense, but, he is so bad on D. Getting matched up with Derozan did not help. He’s not ready to start. He’s still very young, but he really still has a lot of development ahead of him.

This is Barrett’s team already. Randle has a chance to be here long term. They need another high end player, and maybe they get that player in the 2020 draft.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Barrett with a nice line for a debut. Knox, good on offense, rough on defense. Randle was fantastic. Team needs to draft a real PG or find their guy. It'll hold them back if they don't.

Still, good signs for a team that has no expectations.

Which PG do you think would be best for us? I like that red-headed italian guy out of Arizona.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Knox needs to start. Either play him instead of Morris (who is a good player btw) or preferably go with Morris and Randle front court and Portis comes off the bench.

Portis doesn't do much for me.

Knox will take his lumps defensively. But f it. They're not winning anything anyway. Go for entertainment.

Barrett, Payton, Knox, Morris, Randle.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Which PG do you think would be best for us? I like that red-headed italian guy out of Arizona.

Haven't paid any attention to these guys yet, but I would not want anything to do with Lavar Ball. LaMelo is very good, but Lavar being around would not be ideal. He'll want to be involved, especially after Lonzo has come out of college and not been a stud, as he expected.

The one thing about the Porzingis trade is that extra ammo the team has for trades either to move up at the draft OR for a player that is losing a spot to an incumbent. Could even grab a player that is ready to move on from their team. Lots of things change as the games are played.

It's also one game and none of the PGs really did anything outside of Payton. Smith was very bland, but he had next to no preseason time with his back injury. Frank sat for a whole half and came in and stunk in his 3 minutes time. After the whole team stunk for the first 5-6 minutes of the game, I'd hope that is more from it being Game #1 than anything else.

Reactions: ponzu4u and jas
Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Season started tonight for our resident boys in Brooklyn and MSG

Kyrie with 50 in his debut

I suspect that will be common with Irving. He had a lot of good games in Boston and it did not result in wins/him being a difference maker. He's not a lead guy. He's a robin. Him playing with LeBron was perfect.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
He's a top talent. No one is passing on him cause of his father. He will go top 5, if not top 3.

Maybe. His father is a weapon's grade asshole. One brother has been massively underwhelming as a pro and is a head case. The other brother created an international incident by being a moron.

It's a remarkably stupid family.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
okay boomer

lol

Did he say the same? I don't really listen to him.

Anyway, majority of the NBA stars are robins. That's why they're trying to team up. There's really only two leads now: Lebron, Leonard. Durant before he got hurt.

Davis didn't do much in NO by himself.
Curry and Klay are better together. Neither will carry a team alone.
Antetokounmpo won't win a thing unless he gets another top player to go there.
Etc...

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
lol

Did he say the same? I don't really listen to him.

Anyway, majority of the NBA stars are robins. That's why they're trying to team up. There's really only two leads now: Lebron, Leonard. Durant before he got hurt.

Davis didn't do much in NO by himself.
Curry and Klay are better together. Neither will carry a team alone.
Antetokounmpo won't win a thing unless he gets another top player to go there.
Etc...

If we're being honest on who is a lead, I'll say Harden. Chris Paul was not the same player last season and the Rockets were very close to getting past GS again, without Durant obviously.

With Westbrook, their hope is getting someone a little better and someone that will actually be able to play games instead of being hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->