OT: NBA 2019-2020

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Yeah it's just pre season but I can't recall the last time the Knicks were even impressive in the pre season. All the kids have been doing well so far. I dunno maybe I'm a fool but I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing how the Knicks do this year.
As long as they actually ride the young kids all year and try to develop them,I don't care if they win 20 games.It's time this franchise stopped being the laughingstock of the league.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I was sold Quickley as a combo guard. Looks like a legitimate point guard to me. Those dunk setups are deadly. And the shooting... He needs to start at PG. Period.

I watched the game the other night....Quickley as I said in my comments before, gave me a "Linsanity" vibe. He was terrific. Yes it's only pre season but I'm with you, he needs to be in the conversation to start at point guard and let Payton come off the bench. Yeah it's way early but who knows maybe just maybe Quickley is the steal of the draft...imagine that...lol

I tell ya what those 5 kids we got...Quickley, Knox, Barrett, Toppin and Robinson is a nice foundation and kind of exciting to think about what they might do together.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I watched the game the other night....Quickley as I said in my comments before, gave me a "Linsanity" vibe. He was terrific. Yes it's only pre season but I'm with you, he needs to be in the conversation to start at point guard and let Payton come off the bench. Yeah it's way early but who knows maybe just maybe Quickley is the steal of the draft...imagine that...lol

I tell ya what those 5 kids we got...Quickley, Knox, Barrett, Toppin and Robinson is a nice foundation and kind of exciting to think about what they might do together.
Yeah in 3 years its a perrennial playoff team if they all stay in the curve. Barrett already looks like he strengthened a lot of his weaknesses. What I like most is Quickley knows how to set up Knox who cant create offense by himself but is really good at getting into scoring position. I dont see Toppin standing out yet but it will come. What I like about Quickley is the vision. You can actually tell right away when guys are players. You can see it in basketball. He has great vision, good pass and terrific shooting. Cant really tell on d but hes gotten a high steal rate in preseason. Well see. But he is athletic. Is shortish but doesnt play like a short point guard.

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yeah in 3 years its a perrennial playoff team if they all stay in the curve. Barrett already looks like he strengthened a lot of his weaknesses. What I like most is Quickley knows how to set up Knox who cant create offense by himself but is really good at getting into scoring position. I dont see Toppin standing out yet but it will come. What I like about Quickley is the vision. You can actually tell right away when guys are players. You can see it in basketball. He has great vision, good pass and terrific shooting. Cant really tell on d but hes gotten a high steal rate in preseason. Well see. But he is athletic. Is shortish but doesnt play like a short point guard.

Call me nuts but it sure is nice to know we finally have a bonafide NBA coach in Thibideau. You can tell already the man has a clue and in pre-season that defense is actually a priority.

When was the last time we could ever say that? Ummmm....can you say Jeff Van Gundy? That's 20 friggen years ago. Well not coincidently that was the last time the Knicks were relevant. Heck Thibideau has even made Julius Randle look unselfish, playing defense and looks really good.

I love the fact Thibideau is playing our 5 kids together as a unit also. I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm actually getting a bit pumped up for this team we got. We actually have built this team thru the draft for the most part which is the way Rangers have as well and that is why we are all so pumped up for them. Yeah you need to bring in a key FA or two but that's down the road. Let's see how we do this year led by the kids and I'd be shocked if a bigtime FA wouldn't want to come on board after this season.

First things first tho...let's be a pain in the ass to play against this year let the kids develop and everything will work itself out.

Last edited:
Reactions: ponzu4u

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Call me nuts but I'm actually looking forward to Knicks Pacers tomorrow night.

I know I'm a glutton for punishment but this Knick team with all these kids we got plus Thibodeau coaching them, gives me some hope that maybe just maybe the Knicks will be a fun watch this year.

Yes my fingers are crossed...lol

Reactions: ponzu4u

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Blasphemous I know but screw it, I'm actually looking forward to tonight and seeing how the Knicks especially our young pups, perform together in the first game of the year. Go Knicks!!

Reactions: klingsor

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The Pacers are good. It was always gonna go that way. 1st half was fun. But the Pacers weren’t gonna miss all those open shots all game.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The Pacers are good. It was always gonna go that way. 1st half was fun. But the Pacers weren’t gonna miss all those open shots all game.

For a fleeting moment there even halfway into the 3rd quarter, the Knicks were hanging with the Pacers and there was still hope for a W. But yeah, Knicks couldn't hit a shot for the next 15 minutes of game time and the Pacers hit everything and the game eventually got out of hand.

Still saw some things I liked. Barrett especially looks like he's ready to take the next step.

That Sabonis fella...pretty underrated.....he's pretty good at basketball.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Wow it's Xmas day and no Knicks on the NBA schedule. That's got to be a first as the Knicks always play on Xmas.

Heck, I think I started to become aware of this tradition that the Knicks played on Xmas day all the time when Bernard King was in town in the mid-80's. Now I don't recall the Knicks winning much but like the Lions and Cowboys are always playing on turkey day, the Knicks were always on.

Oh well maybe when they become relevant again the Knicks can go back to losing on Xmas Day....lol

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I've never seen this before. Reggie Bullock is wearing 25 on the front of his jersey but 23 on the back.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I want RJ Barrett, Kevin Knox and Frank Nitilikina to be good. Unfortunately I don’t think anyone of them will ever be an all star. Dennis Smith Jr will be out of the league soon enough. Our 2 new rookies are already hurt. Knicks will be in the lottery again next year and will somehow miss out on any franchise changing prospects.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Elfrid Payton

giphy.gif

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Payton and DSJ shouldn't see the court anymore until they show they can hit shots.

At least Frank plays defense. Quickly is going to have a legit shot to run the point once he is healthy. I'd rather run those two at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00