OT: NBA 2019-2020

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Funny if it wasn't so sad. Just two games into the season my excitement for the season has turned into despair.

Both Toppin and Quickley are hurt...Randle once again is the focal point of the offense which is not a good thing....Barrett is still as inconsistent as he was last year and even Thibodeau's system can't help the Knicks play defense.

Same shit different year I believe the saying goes!

@mrmovies779 and his guess of 15 wins might be overestimating how many wins the Knicks get this season...lol

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Funny if it wasn't so sad. Just two games into the season my excitement for the season has turned into despair.

Both Toppin and Quickley are hurt...Randle once again is the focal point of the offense which is not a good thing....Barrett is still as inconsistent as he was last year and even Thibodeau's system can't help the Knicks play defense.

Same shit different year I believe the saying goes!

@mrmovies779 and his guess of 15 wins might be overestimating how many wins the Knicks get this season...lol

I imagine that you're feeling better after tonight.

RUNYR

Dec 24, 2020
The NBA has become such a joke. I used to love it.

Durant and Irving can’t even play last night in first 3 games of season because of a back to back. Why can’t at least just one sit? Also, neither were on the court without one the first two. This smells like possibly two teams..Durant/Irving and the Brooklyn Nets.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey

Durant and Irving can’t even play last night in first 3 games of season because of a back to back. Why can’t at least just one sit? Also, neither were on the court without one the first two. This smells like possibly two teams..Durant/Irving and the Brooklyn Nets.
Irving said they're going to win, and they're going to do it 'their' way. The Sage, so far, hasn't lied.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

they’re both injury prone. Durant didn’t play for 18+. Irving since February? Probably like to see them sit different games of the back to back, but they’re gonna be careful with these guys.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yeah... Nice win but they need better ball handling. Maybe the impact of playing only 8.

Yup....very sloppy as besides the mucho amount of TO's, they were terrible at the free throw line otherwise this would have been a 30+ point blowout win.

Randle was stupendous tho with his triple double and they hit some key 3's at the end. No Quickley or Toppin still but team is doing OK. Team looks better defensively for sure under Thibodeu than they have in many many moons and so maybe they can make this season interesting....we'll see

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
For some reason I wasn't a fan of the Thibs hiring -- and it's def still early -- but man it's hard to be disappointed with the team right now.

Randle beasting (especially for my fantasy team). Knox actually looking like he belongs in the NBA. Frank making jumpers. Noel a real solid bench big.

It still annoys me off how the Knicks got so clowned for letting Fizdale go. He's not even coaching in the NBA at the moment. Real nice finally watching a legit head coach in NY.

Same record as the Nets! *winks

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Yup....very sloppy as besides the mucho amount of TO's, they were terrible at the free throw line otherwise this would have been a 30+ point blowout win.

Randle was stupendous tho with his triple double and they hit some key 3's at the end. No Quickley or Toppin still but team is doing OK. Team looks better defensively for sure under Thibodeu than they have in many many moons and so maybe they can make this season interesting....we'll see
Randle made the 8th triple double for the Knicks in 20 years. I thought that was a typo!

Reactions: ponzu4u

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Russell Westbrook averaged a triple double for 4 seasons (though he plays specifically for that).

I guess it shouldn't be all too surprising that the Knicks have had so few triple dubs considering the fact that they simply haven't rostered many elite players the past 10-15 years with Carmelo probably the only superstar we have had during that period.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
Lets dream that Randle says healthy and productive and gets this team back a good haul.
That game was a mess.
Does anybody know how to create off the dribble? Just asking.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Lets dream that Randle says healthy and productive and gets this team back a good haul.
That game was a mess.
Does anybody know how to create off the dribble? Just asking.
What's the point in trading randle? The chance that he can be replaced by any draft picks you can trade him for is vanishingly small.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
What's the point in trading randle? The chance that he can be replaced by any draft picks you can trade him for is vanishingly small.

They have Toppin now and he would be the one to replace Randle. Knicks are still in major rebuild mode and so maybe you trade Randle at the deadline like they did with Morris last year where the Knicks got back a player and a 1st round pick.

That likely is what is exactly going to happen. The better Randle plays the better the return we can get.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I think where Randle would be valuable is if a team wants to trade a contract that’s longer for his

take for example Indiana and Myles Turned. Tons of talk this year about how they wanted to rid themselves of his deal. He’s got an extra year longer than Randle left, about the same money

would the Pacers make that trade and add an asset? Gives them another scorer, let’s Sabonis take over the 5 full time, and frees their cap sheet a year earlier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad