OT: NBA 2019-2020

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
They were shooting 46% from 3 going into the game. 3 for 35 is a dramatic regression, but shooting 46% for 4 games is just as wild.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Really gutsy win against a very good team tonight.Defense picked it up down the stretch...killed them on the boards too

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Nice win tonight over a solid Pacer team. This Knick team does something I haven't seen a Knick team do in almost 20 years back when Van Gundy was still coaching the team and that is it plays defense....yes imagine that...a Knick team that plays defense.

And it plays defense pretty damn well.

It's also nice to know we actually have a real coach which cannot be understated as Thibodeau gives the Knicks some cred that they haven't had in a very very long time. So far I like what I see and if the Knicks can be a pain in the ass to play against every night even if the record might blow, I'll take that as it will indicate progress and that's all we are looking for this year...progress!

Reactions: ponzu4u

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Fellas...what a f'n win. Down 15 late in the 3rd and looking lost and yet the boys come back and beat a good Hawk team.

My man crush for Immanuel Quickely is quickly becoming uncomfortable....lol

Seriously, I love this friggen kid. He plays older than his age. He has a chance to be a special player.

Can you say steal of the draft?

Man this team is starting to give me some good vibes and that with a legit head coach like Thibs, the future just might be bright afterall.

Last edited:

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
When I went to bed last night I thought for sure the Knicks were going to lose. Turns out I should’ve stayed up a little later. Thibs has these boys believing.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Quickley is growing on me.he doesn't play like a rookie.he plays with the smarts and poise of a seasoned veteran.Thib has these guys playing hard and not giving up and its nice to see.RJ,Mitch,Knox are playing the best ball of their young careers.

Deleted member 23124

Quickley is growing on me.he doesn't play like a rookie.he plays with the smarts and poise of a seasoned veteran.Thib has these guys playing hard and not giving up and its nice to see.RJ,Mitch,Knox are playing the best ball of their young careers.
You can tell a lot by the way players shoot their free throws. Q is money on the line....no nerves, no wasted motion. Look up and drain it...

Reactions: mrmovies779

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
It might only be 7 games in, but playing Randle this much is going to hurt at some point. He's logging insane minutes. By the end of the game last night, you could tell he is gassed. Not having Noel last night and Toppin since game 1 is a big reason for it, but I'm not sure he can log 40 minutes a night much longer. He was cramping up during the Raptors game and he just didn't have legs at the end of the game last night.

Hopefully Toppin is good to go soon to take some of those minutes and get him back closer to 35 than 40. RJ Barrett actually is averaging more minutes, but he is getting a lot more time off the ball, so his legs are definitely fresher by the end of the game.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
You can tell a lot by the way players shoot their free throws. Q is money on the line....no nerves, no wasted motion. Look up and drain it...

As I said last night here after the game, this kid has a chance to be something very special. Just the way he handles himself and how poised he looks on the court at such a young age.

I can't recall the last time I felt even a slither of excitement for this team and I need to caution myself but this might be the first time since Linsanity back in 2013 that there is actually a bit of a buzz about the Knicks.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
It might only be 7 games in, but playing Randle this much is going to hurt at some point. He's logging insane minutes. By the end of the game last night, you could tell he is gassed. Not having Noel last night and Toppin since game 1 is a big reason for it, but I'm not sure he can log 40 minutes a night much longer. He was cramping up during the Raptors game and he just didn't have legs at the end of the game last night.

Hopefully Toppin is good to go soon to take some of those minutes and get him back closer to 35 than 40. RJ Barrett actually is averaging more minutes, but he is getting a lot more time off the ball, so his legs are definitely fresher by the end of the game.

Yeah the minutes definitely aren't sustainable.

I think to that point, the injuries are causing the short term boost.

Toppin/Noel should help Randle.

Burks returning should help RJ

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Holy mother of god....Austin Rivers!!. I haven't seen a guy this hot since Jeremy Lin....my lord.

This shit is getting really fun here in Knick land....wow!!

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
What's going on with the Knicks. Are they actually not awful? They're 5-3 - last season it took 25 games to get their 5th win.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Amazing what happens when a team plays defense. That's what's going on with the Knicks. Thibodeau has got this team playing suffocating defense and everything else goes from that.

As I've said a bunch of times, this is most excited I've been about a Knick team since those 3-4 weeks of Linsanity 9 years ago! Fun team too root for also...let's keep it going.

Reactions: Speedtrials

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad