OT: NBA 2019-2020

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
so trade a 2nd to move up a few spots, then trade 23 to move up a few spots at 8 that way they only make 1 bad pick instead of 3. good thing they are just 1 player away lol

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I mean maybe wait and see what happens?

might just be a smokescreen. Maybe they’ll package the late 1st for a roster player. Who knows.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Personally, not a huge fan of this pick. Would have preferred Haliburton.

This article scared me: How to Spot an NBA Draft Bust

This really isn't a very impressive list:
"previous lottery picks since 2004 drafted at 22 or older included Kris Dunn, Buddy Hield, Taurean Prince, Denzel Valentine, Frank Kaminsky, Doug McDermott, Kelly Olynyk, Jimmer Fredette, Wesley Johnson, Ekpe Udoh, Hasheem Thabeet, Tyler Hansbrough, Brandon Rush, Joakim Noah, Acie Law, Al Thornton, Shelden Williams, Randy Foye, JJ Redick, Thabo Sefolosha, Channing Frye, Fran Vazquez, Babby Araujo and Luke Jackson."

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Knicks had Haliburton there...and they do a Knicks thing and pass him up.thats why they've been the joke of the league

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
So what's the scoop with this Knick pick Obi Toppin? Just got off YT and checked out his highlights. We all know with highlights everyone looks good. But this guy looks like he can be a contributor right away....no? He's got alot of talent from the looks of it.

Why is this Halliburten still available if he's so good and the Knicks should have taken him?

Admittedly, I don't follow hoops like the other three other sports but I'm always hoping and praying that one day the Knicks become relevant again cause there was nothing like the Garden rocking when the Knicks were good back in the 90's.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
I think some of the biggest issues:

1. Knicks need a pg in the worst way and Halliburton "fell" to them.
2. There are legitimate concerns w/drafting 22 year olds. How much of his success was a result of playing against kids 2-3 years younger than him? He's also only a day younger than Jason Tatum. How much improvement should teams realistically expect to see out of 22 year old?
3. The Knicks have a log-jam of big men at the moment. I guess the idea will now be to try and trade Julius Randle? And theoretically Toppin operating as a rim-runner, pick and roller, overlaps a bit with Mitch Robinson, who fans are excited to see get more minutes and hopefully develop more.
4. Knicks need a pg badly... and I think that wise knicks fans recognize that we really, really, dont want Russell Westbrook here.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
Knicks haters are almost as tiring as the Knicks themselves.

Knicks apparently made such a Knicks move by not taking Haliburton who three other teams after the Knicks passed on...

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
Ewing was drafted at 22 and 10 months.

The obvious response is that was a different era, but clearly you can still improve a lot when you're 22. It's all about the talent that you have. If he has the talent, he'll be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad