OT: NBA 2019-2020

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
Balmaro has a first round grade all around. The two players they drafted in the trade I have no clue about.
This draft reeks of MSG analytics.
Rose can blow smoke all he wants.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
Looks like the Knicks are going to do something tomorrow. Maybe sign Hayward and trade for Westbrook. I honestly wouldn't mind trading for Westbrook but only if the Knicks basically get him for free.

Westbrook-Barrett-Hayward-Toppin-Robinson would be an exciting team though.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Looks like the Knicks are going to do something tomorrow. Maybe sign Hayward and trade for Westbrook. I honestly wouldn't mind trading for Westbrook but only if the Knicks basically get him for free.

This is my nightmare. That’s a 7-8 seed peak team for 5 years until those contracts roll off.

I would rather go after VanVlert or Wood. Or use the cap space to accumulate assets. Keep going with a build.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

This is my nightmare. That’s a 7-8 seed peak team for 5 years until those contracts roll off.

I would rather go after VanVlert or Wood. Or use the cap space to accumulate assets. Keep going with a build.

While at some point the adage of use it or lose it applies, whether that is cap for our beloved Rangers or otherwise applicable to any team, you need to have the prize worthwhile of such expenditure.

That's not just the player and his production, but also how much cap hit and term that means [restricting other moves and for how long].

Westbrook to NY is an immediate sugar high, it is not a build move.

As explained above, I would push only for a move like this if as part of the equation we also got significant build move added to it.

GS is on a borrowed time schedule. Thompson either eats cap or if an exception, increased penalty, which is substantial. If GS can move KT for productive assets that are flexible which = roster options, that's the way for them to go, Moving inured Klay's longer term for a Westy comparable $ for only 3 yrs is a great fit for them.

Knicks should not oblige UNLESS we are getting Wiseman. Then we take on KT, and he is likely not gonna be quite the same player if he can't put the same pressure on that Achilles and explode off that foot. But we can take him for what he is, yrs 2-5 remaining on his deal, even if diminished means he is overpaid. Possible to buy him out down the road.

But getting Wiseman now for like Randle + would be shrewd.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the Toppin pick, I do like what the front office is doing. Dumping Mills' vet contracts, stockpiling picks in the "high school" draft of 2023, turning 27 and 38 into 25 and 33 (which yes, was traded, but should be a pretty high pick in 2023), and seemingly keeping most of their true intentions close to the vest. I think Hayward or Malik Beasley both would be strong pieces to add. Obi, RJ and Mitch (and Frank!) is a decent lil group of young'ns and with something like 11 picks in the next 3 drafts, there will be good odds we are able to add more legit youth to this team. I also think Thibideau was a solid if unspectacular coaching choice. And it's a rare and forgotten feeling to actually have a GM that is respected around the league.

I've been burned by being optimistic in the past, but as a fan I once again find myself looking forward to seeing what this FO is going to do. Although that could change quick if they decide to bring in Russ...

Reactions: East Coast Bias

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Montrezl Harrell signs with the Lakers.
Thats just heel territory
Speaking of Center. Do the knicks plan on doing something about that?

Pretty sure the plan is for Mitch to start at Center this year. The question is who the hell is playing point guard.

Thinkin' they'll probably bring back Taj as he was well-liked and is an OG Thibs guy.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Keep reading and hearing Carmelo is coming our way. I know he reinvented himself in Portland and now that he's older, he's not going to be the egotistical me first player he used to be in his first tenor here.

I don't want him tho...F him!. I know it's 8-9 years later but I'm still am not over Melo and his jealousy of Jermey Lin, f'ng up the whole Linsanity thing we had going on here back in that 2011-2012 season. Yeah it's unreasonable of me and I need to get over it, but that whole 5 week Linsanity craziness was just about as much fun as I've had as a Knick fan in 20 years.

I mean other than the wild unexpected run to the '99 NBA finals, that 5 weeks of Linsanity is just about the only thing us Knick fans have had to smile about since than. And yes I blame Melo for screwing it up as once he got back from his injury, the Knicks started to become one dimensional again and the Lin effect dissipated and the Knicks started to suck again.

So NO Melo Leon...NO Melo!!...thx in advance hoss!

Reactions: bernmeister

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
As it stands the Knicks have an even worse roster than 10 months ago.
Take the cap money-take on every dog pile contract with draft picks attached. And then you can waste all the picks you want on ball dunker forwards.
Who needs guards or centers?
The knicks are gonna re-invent the NBA

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
As it stands the Knicks have an even worse roster than 10 months ago.
Take the cap money-take on every dog pile contract with draft picks attached. And then you can waste all the picks you want on ball dunker forwards.
Who needs guards or centers?
The knicks are gonna re-invent the NBA

You would still be hating if the Knicks signed Hayward and traded for Westbrook.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Elfrid Payton is coming back.

Spinning the wheels again. At least we aren’t driving in reverse like last year. I didn’t like the Portis and Randle signings.

Look at what new ownership has done for the Mets. I wish Dolan could somehow sell the Knicks and keep the Rangers.

Reactions: Maximus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->