OT: NBA 2019-2020

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Anyone who has the "woe is me attitude" or thinks the Rangers have it the toughest, remember a night like tonight for their building tenant basketball counterparts.

There is no easy fix for the Knicks. They're going to have to roll up their sleeves and just stink for the next 2-4 years. Go to work and build a team the old fashioned way and make smart moves. They need a coach for the long haul and have him develop a program.

Reactions: Rangerfan4life90

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Of course, the one team that drops from where they're at is the Knicks, lol. Either way, this draft isn't that good, picking #1, #6 or #8 wouldn't have changed anything. This wasn't a Zion/Morant/Barret type draft.

Just glad the NY Rangers won the lottery at least

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Anyone who has the "woe is me attitude" or thinks the Rangers have it the toughest, remember a night like tonight for their building tenant basketball counterparts.

There is no easy fix for the Knicks. They're going to have to roll up their sleeves and just stink for the next 2-4 years. Go to work and build a team the old fashioned way and make smart moves. They need a coach for the long haul and have him develop a program.

Knicks were gonna have to do that anyway. This draft at the top isn't that good.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Haven't the Knicks not moved up in any draft lottery since the Ewing pick? :laugh: Draft a kid like Haliburton, Nesmith, or Vassel and move forward.

I'm more amazed that there's even smoke to the Kings wanting to hire Perry, which would net us a 2nd round pick (I think). If they do hire him, I believe Walt Perrin is in line to be the next GM. So far, I've really liked all of Leon Rose's moves. The organization actually seems like it has a direction, and I think Thibodeau's coaching staff should work really well for our younger guys.

Reactions: ponzu4u

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
There is no easy fix for the Knicks. They're going to have to roll up their sleeves and just stink for the next 2-4 years. Go to work and build a team the old fashioned way and make smart moves.
I feel like I've been hearing this about the Knicks for the last 4-14 years at this point.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I feel like I've been hearing this about the Knicks for the last 4-14 years at this point.

They don't stick to a plan, they trade all their first rounders, they hire terrible coaches, their GMs always leave. Rinse, repeat, cycle. It's not a plan when you blow it up every 12-24 months.

The last bit of success they had was with Walsh and Woodson.

They've literally hired three guys who were not equipped to be NBA coaches in Fisher, Hornacek, Fizdale. The first is off having an affair while he's supposed to be in charge of grown men, the second was the Art Howe/Ron Lowe/Ray Handley/Rich Kotite equivalent, and the third was an immature/irrational baby who feuded with his players through the press but looked smart because he wore glasses (I honestly have nothing good to say about Fizdale at least Howe/Lowe/Handley/Kotite were just bad at their jobs Fizdale in my opinion is a trash human being).

Sticking to a plan means sucking hard for a few years and building up capital while having a structure and program. The NBA you only have 5 guys on the court at a time and not a large bench so development is much different than NHL/NFL/NBA.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
They don't stick to a plan, they trade all their first rounders, they hire terrible coaches, their GMs always leave. Rinse, repeat, cycle. It's not a plan when you blow it up every 12-24 months.

The last bit of success they had was with Walsh and Woodson.

They've literally hired three guys who were not equipped to be NBA coaches in Fisher, Hornacek, Fizdale. The first is off having an affair while he's supposed to be in charge of grown men, the second was the Art Howe/Ron Lowe/Ray Handley/Rich Kotite equivalent, and the third was an immature/irrational baby who feuded with his players through the press but looked smart because he wore glasses (I honestly have nothing good to say about Fizdale at least Howe/Lowe/Handley/Kotite were just bad at their jobs Fizdale in my opinion is a trash human being).

Sticking to a plan means sucking hard for a few years and building up capital while having a structure and program. The NBA you only have 5 guys on the court at a time and not a large bench so development is much different than NHL/NFL/NBA.
I know what's going on, I was being sarcastic since this has been a broken record for over a decade...

Reactions: Roo Returns

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Porzingis has reach a new level in the bubble. Quite a remarkable recovery after being out for a year +.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->