OT: NBA 2019-2020

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
I'm not that bitter about trading Porzingas even for nothing because he would have done nothing for the Knicks anyway. Maybe they would have been 20th in the league this season instead of 25th but being just bad enough so that you miss the playoffs every season but not bad enough so that you get top draft picks is the worst place you can be in.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'm not that bitter about trading Porzingas even for nothing because he would have done nothing for the Knicks anyway. Maybe they would have been 20th in the league this season instead of 25th but being just bad enough so that you miss the playoffs every season but not bad enough so that you get top draft picks is the worst place you can be in.

None of that matters. Look at Philly. They tanked for years, got "franchise" players and still aren't that good. There is no recipe for success in the NBA with the exception being having the person making decisions knowing what they are doing.

Outside of signing LeBron in free agency, the teams that have won are not the lottery darlings.

Draft and develop your own players. Wherever you pick. Find a legit point guard or you need a wing that can do everything. Surround those players with shooters and defenders.

Kahwi Leonard was not a top 10 pick. Giannis wasn't either. Curry and Thompson, back end of the top 10. Durant was a #2 pick, but that was a championship team before he got there.

Just stop taking guys that can't shoot at all. This #8 pick better be able to shoot and score.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
None of that matters. Look at Philly. They tanked for years, got "franchise" players and still aren't that good. There is no recipe for success in the NBA with the exception being having the person making decisions knowing what they are doing.

to be fair their issues aren’t the draft. It’s what they did with their core. Horford and Harris as UFA were so bad.

but i don’t disagree with your overall point. Focusing on the top 5 picks glosses over how bad the Knicks draft overall.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
to be fair their issues aren’t the draft. It’s what they did with their core. Horford and Harris as UFA were so bad.

but i don’t disagree with your overall point. Focusing on the top 5 picks glosses over how bad the Knicks draft overall.

I don't think Harris was bad, but Horford was awful. Never understood it. They needed a legit point guard that could shoot and handle the ball. Simmons can do that, but having him be a slashing playmaker would be better.

Besides that, him and Embiid aren't great together. Should move one of them, and it's probably better for them to move Embiid.

Hopefully the worm is turning on Knicks picks. Barrett has been good. Mitch is right up there as a promising young center. Need a PG. Need a SG. Both need to be good shooters.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
@Brooklyn Rangers Fan tell me why I shouldn’t believe hiring steve Nash is really stupid
I mean, it's certainly boom or bust! :)

Interesting tidbits from Woj's article:
In recent weeks, Nets owner Joe Tsai and general manager Sean Marks have been aggressive in recruiting Nash
brings a strong relationship with Nets star Kevin Durant, forged together in his consultant role with the Golden State Warriors
Marks was a teammate of Nash's with the Suns, and has kept a good relationship with him through the years.
Nash has been pursued in several capacities since his retirement in 2015, including front office and head coaching opportunities

But the lack of coaching experience is clearly a ginormous question mark...

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I am glad the Knicks didn’t get Chris Paul. Don’t chase Westbrook either. Enough with the Knicks being the retirement home of over the hill former all stars.

Reactions: klingsor

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I really don't understand the timing of that trade for the knicks...why would you trade a 2nd to move up 4 spots before the draft starts when you have no idea who is left on the board? you could get to 23 and have 5 guys left that you like...or get to 23 and have no players left that you like. seems like it should be made during the draft

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I really don't understand the timing of that trade for the knicks...why would you trade a 2nd to move up 4 spots before the draft starts when you have no idea who is left on the board? you could get to 23 and have 5 guys left that you like...or get to 23 and have no players left that you like. seems like it should be made during the draft

reading between the lines here I assume they’re making a move up now and not during the draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->