Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Nats Reliever Trevor Rosenthal has an ERA of Infinity. 7 batters, no outs. All 7 have scored.

HA3B6RJY7JBGBBGMXONCIZGT2E.jpg

Its 9 for 9 batters that have scored if you go back to 2017 for him.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Ernie never learned to stop digging.

And holy hell was this firing overdue.

The new GM hire will determine if the club moves forward, but at least they aren't aggressively going backwards anymore.

It is truly inexplicable. My Dad and I the last few years just assumed Grunfield had blackmail info on Leonsis. I think Ted has a lot to blame just letting this ride out like he wasn't paying much attention other than watching crap basketball at his side line seats.

Grunfeld's drafting is pretty horrific. Someone on the twitters related how Flip Saunders thought Klay Thompson would be a star after a pre draft workout and they go on to draft Jan Vesely.

DueT5vWWwAA1hLW.jpg

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
I think Ted has a lot to blame just letting this ride out like he wasn't paying much attention other than watching crap basketball at his side line seats.

100%. In his Bullets ownership, Ted's been a bizarro version of his early Caps self - ultra-conservative. odd.

And also agree that the drafting needs to be an area of focus.

Ed - And you know what? I'm sick of clubs in the DC Metro going with 'innovative' hires. The Nats and Caps have a history of hiring first-time coaches that don't work out. I want a solid, proven, experienced hire for GM. Don't try and re-invent the wheel - just get the best one you can.

Reactions: Bananas

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I’m very worried Ted will think that the BMac magic will strike again with this Tommy Sheppard character.

I’m in the boat of the dude in Denver....Connelly (or however he spells it). The Athletic did a nice job of listing 11 candidates. Some intriguing names on there

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I’m very worried Ted will think that the BMac magic will strike again with this Tommy Sheppard character.

I’m in the boat of the dude in Denver....Connelly (or however he spells it). The Athletic did a nice job of listing 11 candidates. Some intriguing names on there

The Caps had traditionally scouted and drafted well, and managed the Cap well, they just needed a new architect, a new vision. The Bullets scouting and drafting has been abysmal, and Cap management is also sad. No one from anywhere in that front office deserves a promotion. Clean that whole house.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The Caps had traditionally scouted and drafted well, and managed the Cap well, they just needed a new architect, a new vision. The Bullets scouting and drafting has been abysmal, and Cap management is also sad. No one from anywhere in that front office deserves a promotion. Clean that whole house.
Yep. Hence the “I’m very worried” part.

However — I’d be very happy with the above Tim Connelly news. If that’s what’s happening

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
How can anyone be worried? There's nowhere to go but UP from Ernie.

Reactions: usiel

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Hell of a bullpen Rizzo once again put together. Fits nicely with that career .200 BA 2nd basement he signed.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
The Nats are going to blow this game. A bullpen for the ages Rizzo, nice work!

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Big night tonight for Les Boulez. With a loss to Boston, they'd clinch bottom 8 (6.0% at Zion). If Dallas (home vs. Phoenix) and Memphis (road vs. Detroit) win, they'll be 6th worst (9.0% at Zion). Boston is playing for home court in round 1, Detroit is playing for a playoff spot, and Phoenix is playing for nothing, so I'd guess the most likely result is Wiz L, Memphis L, and Dallas W. That'd leave the Wiz and Memphis tied for 6th, which would give them an 8.3/8.2% chance at Zion, depending on the results of a coin flip.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Big night tonight for Les Boulez. With a loss to Boston, they'd clinch bottom 8 (6.0% at Zion). If Dallas (home vs. Phoenix) and Memphis (road vs. Detroit) win, they'll be 6th worst (9.0% at Zion). Boston is playing for home court in round 1, Detroit is playing for a playoff spot, and Phoenix is playing for nothing, so I'd guess the most likely result is Wiz L, Memphis L, and Dallas W. That'd leave the Wiz and Memphis tied for 6th, which would give them an 8.3/8.2% chance at Zion, depending on the results of a coin flip.

They should have started tanking much earlier.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad