Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Ah, yes. George Washington, heroic, selfless founding father of the Republic, and money grubbing, self-absorbed baseball player, Bryce Harper.

So many parallels...
No, its a Benedict Arnold reference.

Yep, here's the original. Benedict Arnold, not GW. Understandable why she took it down.

shutterstock_252138733-600x767.jpg

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Only a decade late. I guess that's progress?

Seriously good news though. Maybe Beal would actually consider staying if the Wiz hired competent leadership and luck into a top-2 pick? #prayforzion

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
It is exciting that there's light at the end of the Wizards tunnel. I think Beal showed he's close to a top-20 player. Bryant showed a LOT of encouraging signs. Parker and Portis look like solid players (and maybe more importantly improved their trade value).

Get rid of Wall's contract and get the draft right and they could be set up very well for the future.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It is exciting that there's light at the end of the Wizards tunnel.

Not so fast. Ted still needs to hire a GM. And its no guarantee that he will hire the right one. He is more passionate about basketball when compared to hockey and the Caps. Which could lead to clouded judgement. Firing Ernie is nice but we are not out of the woods yet.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Ted’s a good guy and gave Ernie too much time. Capitals recovered from GMGM’s panic years quickly...

Reactions: Bananas

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Rizzo is the most overrated GM in baseball. Bad none. The George McPhee of baseball, can’t build a complete team. Most of his tenure has had a mediocre to poor bullpen, with the exception of the Clippard/Storen couple years. He built a collection of strikeout artists, guys who struggle to make contact with the ball against remotely quality pitching. And the Martinez hire is turning out to be a joke.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This is just embarrassing. Early returns on the Lerners and Rizzo...idiots.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It is exciting that there's light at the end of the Wizards tunnel. I think Beal showed he's close to a top-20 player. Bryant showed a LOT of encouraging signs. Parker and Portis look like solid players (and maybe more importantly improved their trade value).

Get rid of Wall's contract and get the draft right and they could be set up very well for the future.

Man, I don't know. They'll still have Mahinmi's contract on the books and you know Dwight is going to pick up his player option. I feel like they'll need some very shrewd moves by new management and a boat load of luck to be able to compete in the near future.

Also, re: Grunfeld, the most frustrating thing about him bar none was he never learned from his mistakes and consistently had to trade assets to fix holes that he alone created. It was a vicious circle of incompetence.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Man, I don't know. They'll still have Mahinmi's contract on the books and you know Dwight is going to pick up his player option. I feel like they'll need some very shrewd moves by new management and a boat load of luck to be able to compete in the near future.

With Wall and his new super max contract on the shelf for all of next season, which is how I’m reading it will likely play out, they weren’t going to do anything next season anyway so those other two contracts, which are up after next season, don’t mean anything.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Not my initial reaction upon hearing the Ernie news, my jaw dropped in disblief, but easy to assume this same reaction was found across the DMV. Also, loved that he called his dad as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad