Recalled/Assigned: Nathan Beaulieu sent down to Hamilton (April 18th, 2013)

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Give Weber a chance to do what, exactly. His game never translated to the nhl level. Too small, too soft and doesnt put up the numbers. Ive been saying for 2 years how i cant believe he's still in north america.

He was outstanding in our last playoffs. And in the first 10 games of last year he was too.

He produced had 20 points in 60 last year...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
They must like what they saw from Beaulieu more than Tinordi. It will be interesting to see how the kid will do with bigger minutes and more pressure. I would also expect that maybe Kaberle will play as well, there is no way that he sits and Beaulieu gets all the playing time.

They put him on waivers and nobody picked him up = they will buy out kaberle in the summer, and i dont think you can buy out an injured player or something so = they will not play kaberle risking an injury

= you will never see kaberle in a habs jersey again.

This call up should be more then evident about that.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Beaulieu creates offence, and that must be what they want.
I happy. :)

I thought the two games he played, the habs looked dominate. In addition, after drewiske's last performance I bet him and markov become a strong hold in the playoffs--a defensive dman, who is solid in his own end and in front of the net. Too many times, and I like Emelin a lot, Markov was trying to play two positions inside our zone.

With Markov/Subban racking large minutes in the playoffs, mostly subban/gorges pairing, the habs will be okay with a beaulieu bouillon pairing with limited minutes.

It's good to be a habs fan... :scared:

NewHabsEra*

Beaulieu was the obvious callup, still raw but less than Tinordi or Pateryn.. I think Beaulieu has the highest potential to help us right now.. His puckmoving skills are something to watch while he improved on his game without the puck..

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I thought the two games he played, the habs looked dominate. In addition, after drewiske's last performance I bet him and markov become a strong hold in the playoffs--a defensive dman, who is solid in his own end and in front of the net. Too many times, and I like Emelin a lot, Markov was trying to play two positions inside our zone.

With Markov/Subban racking large minutes in the playoffs, mostly subban/gorges pairing, the habs will be okay with a beaulieu bouillon pairing with limited minutes.

It's good to be a habs fan... :scared:

Not only that but what a fun year this has turned into.
I have never been so excited to wake up every morining to see what is new with "my team" this year.
And I can hardly wait for the playoff and this summers draft.........Man I love this team :)

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
When you look at it, the 2nd PP unit with Gorges-Bouillon is probably our biggest weakness. So calling up Beaulieu makes sense.

Drewiske will most likely slide in with Markov I presume.

Lionel Mandrake

I understand Kaberle does'nt play because they need a healthy Kaberle this summer if they want to buyout him, but Weber...

That should have been Weber chance to get in the line-up. Cause, if he is not in the Habs plan, why not have traded him before end of trade day.

Nobody was interested? :dunno:

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I get that Beaulieu will help our 2nd PP unit, but Emelin wasn't playing on the PP (God knows why!) and was a regular fixture on our PK so that's why I expected Tinordi to get the call, so he could take some of the PK time that we lost with Emelin.

Anyyway, let's just hope that at least one of Emelin and Diaz will come back soon. I'd rather not start the playoffs with a rookie D, be it Beaulieu or Tinordi.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I get the feeling that when some of you say 'I want Tinordi instead' you mean that you want the style of player Tinordi will become and not necessarily Tinordi as he is right now. Patience mes amis.

I agree that we need a Tinordi type moreso than a beaulieu type but I've seen Tinordi play in Hamilton and you can bet that if the Dogs were playoff bound that's likely where they would keep him. He still needs a bit more seasoning IMO.

That's how I feel. I haven't seen enough of Tinordi or Beaulieu to know how ready they are. I saw Bealieu's first game and he looked great, I think I missed Tinordi's. Either way I don't really know who's more NHL ready.

I do feel that we need a big guy who can clear the crease more than a puck mover right now though. We've got Markov and Subban controlling the offense. Diaz will help there as well. Tinordi would be perfect to come in and play the rugged blueliner role if he was ready.

As for Beaulieu, I'm excited that we have a player like him ready to call up.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
He was outstanding in our last playoffs. And in the first 10 games of last year he was too.

He produced had 20 points in 60 last year...

And alot of those games were on the 4th line. He can still be a good player in this league.

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
I think Beaulieu fits our style better because he can pinch and recover. All our Ds have to be able to skate or anticipate.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I get that Beaulieu will help our 2nd PP unit, but Emelin wasn't playing on the PP (God knows why!) and was a regular fixture on our PK so that's why I expected Tinordi to get the call, so he could take some of the PK time that we lost with Emelin.

Anyyway, let's just hope that at least one of Emelin and Diaz will come back soon. I'd rather not start the playoffs with a rookie D, be it Beaulieu or Tinordi.

Beaulieu had PP time in his callup IIRC. He should be on the 2nd pairing next game.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Beaulieu had PP time in his callup IIRC. He should be on the 2nd pairing next game.

Pretty much

Gallant was his coach in Junior and knows what type of player beaulieu is to a tee, so i bet he had a big say in the reason beaulieu did actually see powerplay time in his call up

real excited, never thought we'd see beaulieu with the big team so fast lol, all comin together

Lionel Mandrake

Kaberle is now fatter than Latendresse.

Well he'll have the rest of the year to work on a 3rd chin from the pressbox.

I'm sure he'll find a taker once he's been bought out though, at around 1m per.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Really surprised at how quickly Beaulieu is developing. I was expecting him to spend the entire year in the AHL. His second pro-year would be his call-up/injury replacement year, and the 3rd year he'd make the team. He seems to be a bit ahead of schedule.

He didn't really get to play a lot of games the last time he was up, but in the 2 games that he played he played more minutes in both games than Tinordi did in any of his games. Curious to see how he does this time around.

It's nice to have such depth.

GeneralMarky79

Sep 25, 2007
PEI
awesome he should of never went down. although it really sucks that emelin went down we have bourque diaz coming back and I think our D is still pretty strong. If Gorges played with Emelin and Drewiske/Bouillon with Subby we would be fine. I think Beau could get a fair amount of ice time leading up to the playoffs. Thing is he needs to play to get some confidence. Kid is a great skater so that should make up for his brain farts. When Diaz and Bourque come back we are gonna look good. I think some people forget how effective Diaz was. He may not have been the flashiest guy but he was very underrated defensively.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Beaulieu was the obvious callup, still raw but less than Tinordi or Pateryn.. I think Beaulieu has the highest potential to help us right now.. His puckmoving skills are something to watch while he improved on his game without the puck..

Umm no, the obvious call-up was Tinordi by a fair margin. Habs D squad becomes way less physical with the loss of Emelin and Tinordi is the only one that can replace that aspect.

That being said, having Beaulieu on the 2nd pp wave will give us a major boost for sure .

GeneralMarky79

Sep 25, 2007
PEI
They must like what they saw from Beaulieu more than Tinordi. It will be interesting to see how the kid will do with bigger minutes and more pressure. I would also expect that maybe Kaberle will play as well, there is no way that he sits and Beaulieu gets all the playing time.
he will sit because they cant risk him getting hurt for the buyout

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Umm no, the obvious call-up was Tinordi by a fair margin. Habs D squad becomes way less physical with the loss of Emelin and Tinordi is the only one that can replace that aspect.

That being said, having Beaulieu on the 2nd pp wave will give us a major boost for sure .

Tinordi isn't a very physical d-man, sure he can dish ou the big hits once in a while but he's mostly a guy who uses his stick and long reach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad