Recalled/Assigned: Nathan Beaulieu sent down to Hamilton (April 18th, 2013)

void

Jan 5, 2006
I guess they weren't happy with Tinordi and want to give Beaulieu a shot.

Or Bergevin wants to take a look at all of our D prospects before making a move for another D?

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010

I don't think that is the case, Tinordi hasn't done anything to suggest that they are not happy with his play.

IMO just they just want to take a look at all their guys in the AHL, give them a few games of experience, they did it with Pateryn.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
I like. Team is playing good this year, good timing to try them out with not a lot of pressure. I love the new management.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Wouldn't be surprised if after 3-4 games Beaulieu gets sent down and Ellis gets his shot as well. MB and MT giving a chanc to most Dman to get some NHL experience, but also to see the quality of the depth in order to decide whether or not we need some defensive depth before the third.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Its a short season, so there isnt much time during the course of the year to give the guys experience and see how they play in the NHL. Thats why it kinda looks weird to see it done right after another one gets sent down. In a 82 game season, you'd see this separated with 3/4 weeks...

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I knew this would happen a long time ago.

My guess is MB is filling in Diaz' absence as much as he can with their D prospects. He doesn't intend on any of them staying unless they really stand out. He let's them play a sufficient amount of games and sends them back down. For the prospects, this gives them a taste of the nhl and motivation.

MB probably didn't want to jump into a trade immediately in case Diaz would come back. This also might help him evaluate what we need most out of a D if we do make a trade.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm actually really happy to see the Habs trying out our prospects in these trial periods to see what we have.

I'd imagine they'll play him until the deadline to see if he can fill the spot. I doubt it's to audition them to other clubs. In any case, it's good to see them come in to a winning team and show what they got.

Stoked to see what NB can do!

Lionel Mandrake

And the audition continues...

Been waiting to see what Beaulieu could do at the NHL level ever since his first camp where I was blown away by his skating and puck rushing ability. Hopefully he improved his positioning since though.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The brass wants to know who they can call up for the playoffs and who they can't? They probably should have started this some time ago. Now I'm pretty sure they aren't going to make any trades for a D.

ourobouros

Sep 29, 2009
I suppose someone in this organisation is finally tired of seeing Bouillon or Gorges on the PP. Tinordi couldn't be there either, so thats why they callled up Beaulieu.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
My preliminary judgment on Beaulieu is that he is a poor man's PK Subban on draft day. If you remember, PK on draft day was seen as having no defensive awareness whatsoever but a world of talent on the attack. Thanks to some maturity, experience and coaching, he's become pretty well rounded.

Beaulieu I see being much the same. Let's see how well he rounds up.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010

Or Bergevin wants to take a look at all of our D prospects before making a move for another D?

I am pretty sure that the team is happy with Pateryn, Tinordi, and Bealieu, that's why they are giving them games.

So, as you also said, I am pretty sure that they want to take a look at our D prospects.
However, I also think it's a way of rewarding/encouraging these good prospects in a very very tough season for them (not individually, but team-wise) in Hamilton.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec

Probably the second one. I don't think of any of our call-ups have been disappointing thus far.

I love the way Bergevin is handling this. All the young players who deserve a call-up are getting their shot. As fans, it's exciting to see these kids playing on the big stage. It also helps that the Habs are a winning team and can afford to take these chances without jeopardizing their chemistry.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Good move by Habs management giving these young dmen a taste of NHL hockey.. It should make them work even harder and be even hungrier to want to get back and stick with the Habs.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
My preliminary judgment on Beaulieu is that he is a poor man's PK Subban on draft day. If you remember, PK on draft day was seen as having no defensive awareness whatsoever but a world of talent on the attack. Thanks to some maturity, experience and coaching, he's become pretty well rounded.

Beaulieu I see being much the same. Let's see how well he rounds up.

Beaulieu is better than Subban was on draft day... But didn't have the ridiculous development curve Subban had soon after.

But he's already a better defender than he was even a few months ago, and earned his shot. I guess Ellis will be next.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
I love these auditions. Great for player development. Cant wait to see Beaulieu out there. :handclap:

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Aaaaaahhhh yessss. Nate has the most talent of all our D prospects in the AHL. Very happy to see him called up. Plays in all situations lately too.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
He will probably play 4-5 games like Tinordi and Pateryn did. The organisation will do auditions up-until Diaz's return.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I suppose someone in this organisation is finally tired of seeing Bouillon or Gorges on the PP. Tinordi couldn't be there either, so thats why they callled up Beaulieu.

X2

Can they eventually give St. Denis a few games as well? Or would they need to expose him to waivers to do that?

I'm surprised they haven't been giving Kaberle time on the PP. They could make him look good and sell him before the trade deadline. Looks like they are too worried that he might get hurt and they would be stuck with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad