Recalled/Assigned: Nathan Beaulieu sent down to Hamilton (April 18th, 2013)

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
You're too young to remember Chelios as a rookie. I'm not saying NB is Chelios of course, but he's ****ing talented, and FAST. In his skating, and passing. I am really pleased with the call up, and very pleased at NB's development this year.

NB looks NHL ready next year.

I dont disagree with you regarding Beaulieu. He has the talent to succeed.

I was just responding to the poster who dismissed Boullion as a lot of people here tend to do.

Boullion is still a better DMan this season than Beaulieu. Next year we get a chance to re-evaluate that assessment.

To say otherwise is simply letting the fan part of the brain overtake the rational part of the brain.

I am older than you think.;)

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If he sticks long term, he'd be the 9th youngest player in the NHL right now (3rd youngest D behind Brodin and Hamilton).

Last 13 games in the AHL:
3 goals
9 assists
12 points
+6

Would be pretty awesome if he can pull a 09/10 Subban in the playoffs.

Yeah those numbers are similar to what Subban put up in Hamilton towards the end of his rookie season. But Subban was much better defensively and much, much stronger on his skates.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Umm no, the obvious call-up was Tinordi by a fair margin. Habs D squad becomes way less physical with the loss of Emelin and Tinordi is the only one that can replace that aspect.

That being said, having Beaulieu on the 2nd pp wave will give us a major boost for sure .

Just because you categorize Tinordi as "physical" doesn't mean that he is right now and he certainly doesn't yet measure up to Emelin. As you say, Beaulieu brings his own set of skills to the PP.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah those numbers are similar to what Subban put up in Hamilton towards the end of his rookie season. But Subban was much better defensively and much, much stronger on his skates.
It might be closer than you think, actually.

Just because you categorize Tinordi as "physical" doesn't mean that he is right now and he certainly doesn't yet measure up to Emelin. As you say, Beaulieu brings his own set of skills to the PP.

Few players bring what Emelin brings.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

This. The big difference between Subban and Beaulieu back then is that he's getting out-muscled by NHLers, Subban was ready physically.

MalcomOdd

Aug 4, 2006
Longueuil
www.grandplaisir.com
More of Beaulieu please

This. The big difference between Subban and Beaulieu back then is that he's getting out-muscled by NHLers, Subban was ready physically.
I have not noticed much of Beaulieu defensively - yeah , always a good sign , but offensively, not doing anything fancy but found him secure and solid. There is no freight to see him with the puck, and we can remain very optimist about him getting more ice time.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
You're too young to remember Chelios as a rookie. I'm not saying NB is Chelios of course, but he's ****ing talented, and FAST. In his skating, and passing. I am really pleased with the call up, and very pleased at NB's development this year.

NB looks NHL ready next year.

He could definitely play NHL full time next year but they may err on the side of caution and start him AHL. His defense still needs some work and he needs to get stronger(heavier) physically.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Heads up play on the 2nd Eller goal. Kid is dynamite offensively already and I think playing with players with higher offensive IQ will relate to higher NHL stats than AHL stats.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
He's Na-tan great. I hope we trade him.

You hope we trade him? See this is why us habs fan can't have good players on this team. Do you realize how hard it is for a 20 year old playing in the NHL? Beaulieu is actually pretty good defensively too, I hate this mentality that offensive d-men can't be good in their own zone also. He just needs to fill out his frame and he's going to be a beast.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
If NB plays well the rest of the regular season and shows anything like what PK did in his first playoffs, will that make Markov expendable this off season or at the draft while he still has high value? I like Markov but I'm terrified every time he's on the ice his career could be done

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
You hope we trade him? See this is why us habs fan can't have good players on this team. Do you realize how hard it is for a 20 year old playing in the NHL? Beaulieu is actually pretty good defensively too, I hate this mentality that offensive d-men can't be good in their own zone also. He just needs to fill out his frame and he's going to be a beast.

i think he just pulled some monkey business on you :sarcasm:

i have to admit his presence of mind with puck when he pumped, allowed dman to slide past him then shoot showed me a cool head. eller gets a nice tip and we got back in. NB moved the puck well, MT had him on ice in dying minutes and to me showed that a little more seasoning and he is ready to go..

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
i think he just pulled some monkey business on you :sarcasm:

i have to admit his presence of mind with puck when he pumped, allowed dman to slide past him then shoot showed me a cool head. eller gets a nice tip and we got back in. NB moved the puck well, MT had him on ice in dying minutes and to me showed that a little more seasoning and he is ready to go..

I liked his shot on goal, kept his head up the whole time and shot it close to Eller so he could have a chance at a tip.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If NB plays well the rest of the regular season and shows anything like what PK did in his first playoffs, will that make Markov expendable this off season or at the draft while he still has high value? I like Markov but I'm terrified every time he's on the ice his career could be done

Um, No

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I love what I see in this kid, he's really impressed me. I want someone to make him mad, he used to be able to throw em in junior... he'd beat the **** out of anyone who wanted a little love.

MTLScout

Jun 7, 2011
I love what I see in this kid, he's really impressed me. I want someone to make him mad, he used to be able to throw em in junior... he'd beat the **** out of anyone who wanted a little love.

My thoughts exactly. This guy had a mean streak in junior, he looks wayyyy to calm on the ice right now (which is good and bad). Can't wait till he really breaks out.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc

He's still fairly good at that with the pros

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
The kid has it. Seen him play for a while. Keep him up and enjoy. :yo: Finally!

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Your sarcasm meter. It's broken.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
My thoughts exactly. This guy had a mean streak in junior, he looks wayyyy to calm on the ice right now (which is good and bad). Can't wait till he really breaks out.

Well, he hasn't really met up with a guy that could piss him off yet. Hopefully, it isn't Ott tomorrow because Ott will probably turtle again...

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I like that Beaulieu has some jam but he shouldn't be looking to rough things up in the NHL right now. He needs to get stronger before he starts doing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad