Rumor: Nashville Interested in Panarin

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nashville should keep signing more players because their window to win a cup is getting much smaller every year.

They should definitely go after a goalie that they can rely on in the playoffs

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Nashville should keep signing more players because their window to win a cup is getting much smaller every year.

They should definitely go after a goalie that they can rely on in the playoffs

The window is wide open. The oldest player in the core is Subban at 29. Preds are going to be contenders for many years to come barring injuries.

Rinne/Saros is probably the best goaltending duo in the NHL. Saros’s performance this year has eased my concerns about his long term future. The kid is legit. He could be our #1 right now. Goaltending is fine.

Reactions: adsfan

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The window is wide open. The oldest player in the core is Subban at 29. Preds are going to be contenders for many years to come barring injuries.

Rinne/Saros is probably the best goaltending duo in the NHL. Saros’s performance this year has eased my concerns about his long term future. The kid is legit. He could be our #1 right now. Goaltending is fine.

The scariest part about facing you guys in the playoffs is if:
A) you get Panarin.
B) if Rinne falters you throw Saros in.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Rinne being 36 and not being reliable for you guys in the playoffs should be a huge concern.

Nashville should keep their eyes open for a legit replacement for Rinne.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'd keep Panarin and trade Bobrovsky if I was Jarmo. Keeping Bobrovsky is a really bad decision as far as I can tell, but you can easily justify keeping Panarin as an "own rental". You can't justify that with Bobrovsky, considering his play this year and the circus around him.
This is what logical fans are fighting for. The only 2 twists would be Bob declining the move and someone flat out overpaying for Panarin basically forcing that trade.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I don't blame CBJ fans for not wanting trade Panarin. It's similar to Nashville not trading Suter in 2012. The teams are around the same caliber. Neither was a huge threat to win the cup but getting rid of their best player essentially tanks the rest of your season. I don't know how a GM could look his team in the eye and make a move like this.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I don't blame CBJ fans for not wanting trade Panarin. It's similar to Nashville not trading Suter in 2012. The teams are around the same caliber. Neither was a huge threat to win the cup but getting rid of their best player essentially tanks the rest of your season. I don't know how a GM could look his team in the eye and make a move like this.

The team knows they're in a tough spot and if he got a player back that could play now, they'd understand. They'd be like awww we can't stay mad at you Jarmo

Reactions: Viqsi

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Except for the part where suter told Poile he would resign

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
If I were the Blue Jackets I'd push for Saros. Need to get Bob's replacement with Panarin. And Panarins replacement by trading Bob.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
If I were the Blue Jackets I'd push for Saros. Need to get Bob's replacement with Panarin. And Panarins replacement by trading Bob.

Saros is going nowhere. We might be comfortable trading Saros for Carter Hart or Carter Hart +, but that's about it. We're certainly not trading him for a UFA that will only sign in big coastal cities.

Reactions: adsfan

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
We're 8-0-2 against the Lightning the past 5 years including 2-0 this year, both games without Arvidsson.[/QUOTE]

I think it would be a great series and agree Nashville doesn’t need Panerin to win it.

That said if you watched the two games this season you do realize Pekka Rene stole them both. And no Vassy @ Nashville.

Reactions: preds1

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
After the recent agent change it looks like Bob and Panarin are going to be a package deal. So if you don’t have plans on signing both you shouldn’t pay anything more than season end rental value for Panarin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad