Rumor: Nashville Interested in Panarin

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Really? I mean, what else do you expect to get for a pure rental Panarin?
I personally wouldnt trade him. Fair IMO is going to be a hockey trade that gives us back someone who may not be the same level as bread but is young with upside. I personally like deals Ive seen with Donato from Boston.

But it really doesnt matter what I think is enough I have seen what GMJK wants and that is not going to be close. I honestly think he would ask for that Plus your top prospect because he doesnt want to trade him unless he is forced to trade him from a offer he cant refuse.

Reactions: Fro

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I think Panarin is one of the only times the sky high HFBoards like asking prices are actually being asked by the GM as well. They basically have come out and said this. The reason this is different than other rentals (Karlsson) is that Columbus doesn't actually have to trade Panarin, the benefits of trading him and acquiring assets have to out weigh the benefits of riding him out the rest of the year.

I actually don't think I agree with this approach though. I know the team has never won a round and the city is hungry, but you can't change the past. Going forward you still have Atkinson, Jones, Werenski, Dubois, etc. Plenty of great pieces tbh. Getting a good return on Bob and Panarin can help ensure they are solid in a few years. What good will dying on this hill do when they lose in the first round, lose 2 elite players for nothing, and miss the playoffs regularly in 3 or 4 years with no hope of getting out of mediocrity ?

They're going to be solid in a few years no matter what return they get. Another team has to make it worth it for Columbus to give up a self-rental and make their team worse. It's going to be an overpayment. Winning a series in the playoffs is worth more than a 2nd round pick and depth forward like what is being offered on HFBoards. The Jackets have an abundance of depth in their organization. They need Panarin.

I agree 100% with what they're doing. It's keep Panarin and try to win, or trade him for an overpayment and lose with a silver lining. I'd rather my team try to win with as much depth as they have. Panarins don't come around often - enjoy it while you can and do as well as you can.

Really? I mean, what else do you expect to get for a pure rental Panarin?

A playoff run

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nashville should go for it.
They are smart to make adjustments to compete in the playoffs

Winnipeg is sleeping on acquiring anyone right now.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I’m just saying look at the Isles this year. Imagine if they moved out Tavares last year in addition.

CBJ has a solid roster moving out Panarin can give them long term stability versus blowing their wad tonight.

They'll get long-term stability if they get what they're asking for. Otherwise, they'll get Brassard and a 2nd or something completely meaningless in the long-term plans.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I’m just saying look at the Isles this year. Imagine if they moved out Tavares last year in addition.

CBJ has a solid roster moving out Panarin can give them long term stability versus blowing their wad tonight.
I don’t think Columbus will be as dumb as the islanders/snow were. Panarin said he’s going to free agency unlike Tavares who said he wanted to stay as an islander but didn’t want to sign an extension.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

Ok ill do what I did on the CBJ board and ask a few questions and give you a chance to sway me because I believe in being open minded.

#1 Look at the current roster and tell me what the Jackets currently need taking into account Panarin will be leaving.

#2 look at the current team and tell me what players your team has that can today fill those holes.

#3 If you plan to add a prospect is that prospect better then any prospect we currently have at that position.

Notes: We are stacked at LD, RW, and G. Been the youngest team in the league the last 2 years and this year still top 5 I havent checked in a while to know place but we are very high up there still so players/prospects not NHL ready unless attached to a currently ready player doesnt hold much value. A 1st is nice but as stated previously we are so young already NHL ready players have a much higher value and we would rather have that + a 4th then an average prospect and a 1st as an example.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Ok ill do what I did on the CBJ board and ask a few questions and give you a chance to sway me because I believe in being open minded.

#1 Look at the current roster and tell me what the Jackets currently need taking into account Panarin will be leaving.

#2 look at the current team and tell me what players your team has that can today fill those holes.

#3 If you plan to add a prospect is that prospect better then any prospect we currently have at that position.

Notes: We are stacked at LD, RW, and G. Been the youngest team in the league the last 2 years and this year still top 5 I havent checked in a while to know place but we are very high up there still so players/prospects not NHL ready unless attached to a currently ready player doesnt hold much value. A 1st is nice but as stated previously we are so young already NHL ready players have a much higher value and we would rather have that + a 4th then an average prospect and a 1st as an example.

I mean, I’m a Penguins fan.

That being said if I can get Fiala or Tolvanen and a 1st from Nash plus whatever cap piece needs to be swapped, I’m doing it.

Reactions: Xoggz22

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't see why not. Nashville needs offense to battle teams with, think they're falling down a little bit and have enough to offer to attempt a run in the playoffs.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
I don't see why not. Nashville needs offense to battle teams with, think they're falling down a little bit and have enough to offer to attempt a run in the playoffs.
Our top 6 have have played something like 13 games together this year. Plagued with injuries all year. Tonight is the first time all 6 were healthy and on the ice since November.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Tolvanen Fiala 1st plz

Otherwise we keep

Okay bai

giphy.gif

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Pararin to WPG or NSH
Stone / Duchene to the other.

Panarin will never go to WPG lol this guy wants a big city, and not only is the Peg not that, but it's brutally cold and a small market.

NOT that I am hating on them, I mean from what he has said he wants.

I think it's a NYC or CHI situation

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014

This is the reason I think the price won't be more than 1st + Fiala (plus possible minor pieces). Panarin being open about not staying in Columbus is a leverage other GMs have.

I don't know what Panarin has said about his preferable locations, but judging by some comments I've seen here, Nashville doesn't seem likely, does it?

I think the trade would have been made already if it was a good roster player and a 1st.
It's not that, yet.

Kekalainen is asking too much (like he should), but as the trade deadline approaches, he's going to have to settle for less unless he wants to use Panarin as a rental himself. I guess 1st + roster player is somewhere between the high ask and losing Panarin for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad