Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
All of Winnipeg screams no in horror
:laugh:
tenor (1).gif

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Nashville's gotta go for it. You need another offensive catalyst. Go get one and go for a Cup.

Reactions: 66-30-33

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
that's a scary thought if you're Winnipeg. he's an absolutely elite game breaking player. I wouldn't want to be in the same divisional bracket as him

Reactions: Palm Tree

Intact

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga ON
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-are-leafs-trying-to-make-a-deal-with-canes~1606557

2:05

Lebrun says the Preds and Bruins checked in on Panarin but were shocked by the price.
I think Panarin is one of the only times the sky high HFBoards like asking prices are actually being asked by the GM as well. They basically have come out and said this. The reason this is different than other rentals (Karlsson) is that Columbus doesn't actually have to trade Panarin, the benefits of trading him and acquiring assets have to out weigh the benefits of riding him out the rest of the year.

I actually don't think I agree with this approach though. I know the team has never won a round and the city is hungry, but you can't change the past. Going forward you still have Atkinson, Jones, Werenski, Dubois, etc. Plenty of great pieces tbh. Getting a good return on Bob and Panarin can help ensure they are solid in a few years. What good will dying on this hill do when they lose in the first round, lose 2 elite players for nothing, and miss the playoffs regularly in 3 or 4 years with no hope of getting out of mediocrity ?

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Jeez, can’t imagine the price for him. With our bad experience with Radulov do we really need a similar one with Pararin, all we know is we give up a massive haul in Fabbro, Tolvanen and a 1st just for him to walk in free agency. Maybe we can throw in a condition on the deal, idk we’ll see I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad