Rumor: Nashville Interested in Panarin

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Because Bobrovsky's proven playoff record.. This post is just silly now.

Bobrovsky has played on an inconsistent team and wants out.

He is only 30 and has at least 5 more good years left in him which is much better than relying on a 36 year old goalie that is a choker.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Bobrovsky has played on an inconsistent team and wants out.

He is only 30 and has at least 5 more good years left in him which is much better than relying on a 36 year old goalie that is a choker.
Bobrovsky is way more of a playoff problem than Rinne has ever been. And we have our replacement to Rinne coming along nicely. But keep posting, you're doing great.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Bobrovsky is way more of a playoff problem than Rinne has ever been. And we have our replacement to Rinne coming along nicely. But keep posting, you're doing great.

Bobrovsky has rarely made it to the playoffs and he has had great numbers with the blue jackets in many regular seasons despite that team not being a contender.
Bobrovsky is a good goalie on a bad team.

I would say that this is the last playoff run to bet on Rinne and in November he is 37 years old.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
TBH if we have to give up Fiala to get Panarin I would rather not bother. Panarin is guaranteed to leave after the playoffs while we could have Fiala contributing with us for years to come. And I don't know if Panarin will be the kind of piece to put us over the top. I know he's an amazing player, but every rental is a gamble with chemistry and fit and all sorts of factors.

Reactions: braindead

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
TBH if we have to give up Fiala to get Panarin I would rather not bother. Panarin is guaranteed to leave after the playoffs while we could have Fiala contributing with us for years to come. And I don't know if Panarin will be the kind of piece to put us over the top. I know he's an amazing player, but every rental is a gamble with chemistry and fit and all sorts of factors.
I was all ready to consider Fiala or Tolvanen + 1st + B prospects a while back. But there are two factors in play now which defeat the idea.

1) It seems like there is basically no chance to re-sign Panarin. He is going to be a pure rental.

2) There is too much "broken" with the Preds right now for even Panarin to fix in just 1 month. If the team was chugging along looking like a contender in all other areas and it was still just a case of the secondary scoring looking like it could use a boost... then ok. Panarin would be a sweet add for a deep Cup run. Perhaps even just as a rental. But the Preds aren't playing like contenders, and for those players who aren't doing too well, I would just be worried that suddenly they all look to Panarin for salvation instead of getting their own games sorted out. At least with a non-rental player if it doesn't work out this year, they could still be part of the solution next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Apr 9, 2009
USA

Bob pretty much gets to play the cup winner in round 1 every year he gets into the playoffs, and each of those teams made every goalie the played look bad. Bob needs to be better in those games for sure, but the context does matter.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017

^^This, plus considering Panarin wants to sign elsewhere in the summer, would he really be motivated in the playoffs? Or will he be afraid to get injured or something? I don't want to judge Panarin, but if he really wants to sign in Florida, I don't think winning a Cup is a priority for him.

I would take a chance if it only cost a 1st round pick, but the Jackets won't give him for a 1st round pick, so I would just pass and concentrate on Stone (or Kreider).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Bobrovsky has rarely made it to the playoffs and he has had great numbers with the blue jackets in many regular seasons despite that team not being a contender.
Bobrovsky is a good goalie on a bad team.

I would say that this is the last playoff run to bet on Rinne and in November he is 37 years old.
If it makes you feel better, the Preds are more likely to lean on Saros than Rinne, and Saros is still a badass. Nashville does not need Bob.

Also, you're now ****-talking both of my teams now rather than just the one, but, meh.

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018
I just think CBJ is going to want a young contributing roster player in any deal. That's why I believe FLA is in the lead with a Huberdeau sort of offer...He checks a lot of boxes for CBJ as the main piece of a deal...Nashville doesn't have a player like him they would pony up...rightfully so too.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I just think CBJ is going to want a young contributing roster player in any deal. That's why I believe FLA is in the lead with a Huberdeau sort of offer...He checks a lot of boxes for CBJ as the main piece of a deal...Nashville doesn't have a player like him they would pony up...rightfully so too.
Kevin Fiala.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Well, yeah, presuming he's an option at all (which I still find hard to believe).
Same. If the Jackets are offered Huberdeau in connection with a Panarin trade (or even a Panarin + Bob trade) they pretty much need to take it.

I would go as far as saying you could balance out including Reimer with including Huberdeau.

Panarin + Bobrovsky for Huberdeau + Reimer with picks added conditioned on Panarin and Bobrovsky re-signing.

That said, I still don't get why Florida would do that. Unless they ABSOLUTELY believe that getting the players early is pivotal in getting them to sign, it is best to just wait. If you have to dump salary, do so in the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad