Rumor: Nashville Interested in Panarin

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The team knows they're in a tough spot and if he got a player back that could play now, they'd understand. They'd be like awww we can't stay mad at you Jarmo
This. It's why I've been saying Tolvanen doesn't need to be involved, but Fiala should be.

* * *​
If I were the Blue Jackets I'd push for Saros. Need to get Bob's replacement with Panarin. And Panarins replacement by trading Bob.
Korpisalo. Merzlikins. Vehvilainen. Tarasov.

We're more than fine at goaltending. We don't need to steal Nashville's future in that regard. (Not that Saros would be traded for anything sane in any case...)

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Dont be surprised if no one takes you serious in the future

Instead of trying to solve Nashvilles problem, you find a way to get Laine scoring again

Laine is still quite young at 20 and not the reason the team wins.

If he was 36 and under performing in our net we would get rid off him asap.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Do not be suprised when he under performs in the playoffs .

Instead of chasing forwards like Panarin the Predators should go after a real goalie.

The Preds have 2 "real" goalies. Yes they'll need another at some point but Panarin is easily the top impact forward available in a class that includes Stone and Duchene. He is probably the only high end forward rumored to be potentially on the move that can actually come in and immediately make his new team better.

Reactions: adsfan

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Saros is not the younger version of what Rinne once was.

He is a downgrade.

Rinne wasn't even in the NHL when he was Saros' age. He was in the AHL until he was 26, 3 years older than Saros, and he didn't reach "elite" status until he was nearly 30. Even if we accept, for the sake of argument, that Saros isn't as good as Rinne was at his best, he's only 23 and has many, many years to continue improving. Calling him a downgrade is sort of like calling Patrik Laine a downgrade from Blake Wheeler.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Ehh he kinda won the Vezina last year?

Yeah he did, and honestly he shouldn't have. I was saying this last year, and I'm an outsider. None of the goalies who contended for the Vezina played for my favorite team, but Rinne got the Vezina kiss and was hot/cold yet again in the playoffs. The year before, the Preds beat the Pens is Rinne doesn't let in softies and back-breaking goals.

Rinne is a very good goalie but he has been anything BUT clutch if we're being brutally honest. That said, I don't see the Preds using their trade chips to acquire Bobrovsky. And, if the Preds landed Panarin for some prospects/kids, they would be absolutely scary. Panarin is the type of player who can rip a game wide open by himself.

The Preds have fantastic D, and if you can add Panarin to Forsberg, Arvedsson, Johansson, etc. their offense reaches another level. They already added to physical, character guys which was smart. If they do all of that, they just need Rinne to be rock solid, not spectacular. But he can be letting in softies and back-breakers when it counts the most.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Yeah he did, and honestly he shouldn't have. I was saying this last year, and I'm an outsider. None of the goalies who contended for the Vezina played for my favorite team, but Rinne got the Vezina kiss and was hot/cold yet again in the playoffs. The year before, the Preds beat the Pens is Rinne doesn't let in softies and back-breaking goals.

Rinne is a very good goalie but he has been anything BUT clutch if we're being brutally honest. That said, I don't see the Preds using their trade chips to acquire Bobrovsky. And, if the Preds landed Panarin for some prospects/kids, they would be absolutely scary. Panarin is the type of player who can rip a game wide open by himself.

The Preds have fantastic D, and if you can add Panarin to Forsberg, Arvedsson, Johansson, etc. their offense reaches another level. They already added to physical, character guys which was smart. If they do all of that, they just need Rinne to be rock solid, not spectacular. But he can be letting in softies and back-breakers when it counts the most.
Since when are we that physical? Besides forsberg up front. Our entire second line does very little physical engaging. We need someone who can drive the net, kill penalties and get grimy goals. Stone is a better fit to play alongside Turris and fiala than panarin.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
It is just honesty.
These two goalies are not taking the Preds to a cup.
Maybe Columbus can throw in Bobrovsky with Panarin.

Not sure if your trying to be funny but they were in the finals two years ago. Nashville doesn't have much of any issues going into the playoffs. Especially at goalie.

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
A PPG player will definitely help Nashville win the cup. Columbus really doesn't have a lot up skill up front. They rely on working hard and more often then not they get rewarded, but that doesn't really cater to Panarins game.

Adding Panarin to a team with actual skill would instantly take that team to the next level. If there's any year for them to go all in. This might be it.

Having pieces like Fabbro, Tolvanen, Fiala, and picks still in the cupboard is great, but eventually you have to take a shot.
Skill you say ? What about
Panarin - O’Reilly - Tarasenko :thumbu:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I like the fit. Yes, I know CBJ might use him as their own rental and Florida's name is coming up but lets pretend Nashville were to acquire. How steep would the price be?

Would it require a good roster player like Fiala? Nashville's 1st + Tolvanen with additional minor piece(s)?

What do you think?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Its somewhere in the Fiala+ 1st/Fiala +1st +Tolv arena. The 1st is close to fair the 2nd is more what Jarmo is looking for as in an overpayment to makenot worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad